• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Wow! Thank you Chac for continuing my musical education. That was a hot rocking country song. And I loved the vibe of the video of a rocking crowd dancing and getting into the music. Thanks so much my friend. I loved it. :smiley-love021:

I went through a country phase LOL

Hi dudes,

I love music and although I play acoustic guitar (badly) I prefer listening to my collection as well as my dad and uncles.

My musical range goes from A to Z ranging from all types of music, be it pop, rock, country, folk or classical. Does anyone else have such a diverse range ?
Yes, I have to admit that my music collection is varied but also extensive. I think I got hooked when the housekeeper would put me in a room on my own, armed with a pile of records (from 78s-through to 45s and LPs_ and a portable player. In the absence of human friends, I bonded with music, some collected by my parents from their years in the Netherlands and France, and others from the Top 40 == and everything between, The only genre that doesn't do it for me is most of the hip hop stuff and the super heavy metal catalogue. I used to make my own compilation tapes on a BASF reel-to-reel machine, and have since continued the practice on cassettes and currently CDs. Hooray for variety ! When I joined the forum I was revisiting Linda Ronstadt's Spanish discs, with and without mariachi. Truly epic performances, especially compared to seeing her in Gilbert & Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance. Sad she can no longer sing.

Great post Wombat23, my friend. I love hearing the perspectives on all kinds of subjects including music from forumites from all over the world. :thumbup:

This morning as I was eating breakfast I decided to listen to the “classic rock” station on the radio, (actually my Amazon Echo). And this song came on and it got me to thinking. The group was Asia and the year was 1982, about a third of my way in my thirty year career of managing the warehouse of a family business. We employed mostly young high school and college age guys and the radio was always playing. This song brought me right back to the shipping room outside of my office and the guys who worked for me at the time, and I remember this lyric:

”And now you find yourself in '82
The disco hot spots hold no charm for you
You can concern yourself with bigger things
You catch a pearl and ride the dragon's wings”

The college age guys working there, made note of the fact that the song was singing about being in 1982, which seemed so futuristic and now we are in ‘23, forty one years later. And as I think about it today, the guys who worked for me who were 19 years old then are sixty today, Yikes!!!! :001_unsure:

It all goes by so fast, but our job is to enjoy the journey! Enough of my philosophy, here is the song! And it still sounds good to me today.

The Beatles are far and away the most important and influential musical act of my lifetime. I was skeptical when I heard about this song. I will not go into all the details of how it was put together, but suffice it to say, this is the real John Lennon singing and playing as well as George Harrison along with Paul and Ringo from this past year. In addition to the fantastic work done by Peter Jackson mixing this, this is also a sentimental video mixing in clips from as far back as the early Beatle days to Paul and Ringo in the studio this year.

It’s not the best or the most memorable Beatles song but it is the last…….. and very sentimental to watch and listen to.

Fun fact: I actually had the pleasure to see Chubby Checker live at a fairground in the 90s. A great show!

Fun fact: I actually had the pleasure to see Chubby Checker live at a fairground in the 90s. A great show!
Three classics from different parts of the sixties. 1961 for Chubby Checker. 1964 for Pet Clark. And 1965 for The Four Tops. And I’m glad that Chubby Checker entertained you in the 1990’s, Chac.
I love how you can enjoy so many genres of music. :thumbup1:

And I have to blame you Chac as all day today, these words and tune were in my head, :

”I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall”

Its all your fault. 😂😅😜

And I have to blame you Chac as all day today, these words and tune were in my head, :

”I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall”

Its all your fault. 😂😅😜

Those damn earworms, they crawl in and never leave 🤣🤣

Mine for the last WEEK has been

"So hoist up the John B's sail
See how the mainsail sets
Call for the captain ashore.... "

On repeat, over and over 😭😭