• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Since Chac posted this song a few nights ago, it has stuck in my head. The song was released in 1980 when I was young and going to the gym and in the best shape of my life. And I was “partaking” in some of the seedier activities in New York City at clubs, back room bars and baths all the while this song was playing in the background. Indeed I thought it ironic as I heard the lyrics:

”I was lookin' for love in all the wrong places
Lookin' for love in too many faces
Searchin' their eyes
Lookin' for traces of what I'm dreaming of
Hoping to find a friend and a lover
I'll bless the day I discover another heart
Lookin' for love
And I was alone then, no love in sight
And I did everything I could to get me through the night
Don't know where it started or where it might end
I turned to a stranger just like a friend
I was lookin' for love in all the wrong places
Lookin' for love in too many faces
Searchin' their eyes
Lookin' for traces of what I'm dreaming of
Hoping to find a friend and a lover
I'll bless the day I discover another heart
Lookin' for love”

It's funny Mike that you mention the "seedy" parts of NYC, HBO Max just released a documentary about the Meatpacking district, it's called "The Stroll". I started watching it this weekend, very good so far.

It's funny Mike that you mention the "seedy" parts of NYC, HBO Max just released a documentary about the Meatpacking district, it's called "The Stroll". I started watching it this weekend, very good so far.
That is interesting as the Meatpacking District back in the day had sex clubs like The Anvil and Mine Shaft. Today it is a trendy area with restaurants and expensive shops.

And keeping with the theme of the wild side and this thread, here is Lou Reed. :001_smile:

I was just “pondering” on our lazy hazy crazy days of summer and you can’t imagine what song popped into my head! Lol

Good version but no Axl Rose & Slash. :wink:

IMG_1372.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpeg

Last edited:
I can’t get the song out of my head. This is the real one. Lol. I was reading the YouTube comments. This video is from 1988, 36 years ago. Hard to believe…..

This guy (Fil) does technical reviews of music, this one is probably one of my favorite Eagles songs. Helps that Fil is really cute too 🥰

This guy (Fil) does technical reviews of music, this one is probably one of my favorite Eagles songs. Helps that Fil is really cute too 🥰

Thanks for sharing Chac. I also watch some “Reaction” sites by younger YouTubers to older music. I love “Take It to The Limit” as well, and the creator is very cute. But he stops the video way too often to my taste to break down every aspect of the song. My favorites of thus genre react with their facial expressions during the song and talk about it after. Some pause the song on occasion but this guy got to be annoying to me.

Thanks for sharing though. He is a cutie, even if he is too talkative for me. :wink:

I love this kid Jps. He does a lot more than music reviews. He even spent a month earlier this summer in Germany and Great Britain. But this reaction that he filmed a year ago is priceless to me.

The original “Whiter Shade of Pale” was an iconic sixties period classic rock song. Check out this live version with a full orchestra from 2008. Pretty cool, if you ask me. 😋

The original “Whiter Shade of Pale” was an iconic sixties period classic rock song. Check out this live version with a full orchestra from 2008. Pretty cool, if you ask me. 😋

I don't think I have heard this before, it's really good!

I think having a full orchestra makes songs so much more, I guess magical. One of my favorite concerts is Elton John's December 1986 Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. He had surgery on his throat shortly after recording and you can hear the strain in his voice. James Newton Howard did a fantastic job so beautifully rearranging the scores by Paul Buckmaster and writing a few himself.

I don't think I have heard this before, it's really good!

I think having a full orchestra makes songs so much more, I guess magical. One of my favorite concerts is Elton John's December 1986 Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. He had surgery on his throat shortly after recording and you can hear the strain in his voice. James Newton Howard did a fantastic job so beautifully rearranging the scores by Paul Buckmaster and writing a few himself.
I agree. Putting a great rock song together with a full orchestra illustrates how great music is great music, no matter the genre. Can you post a link to that Elton John performance with the Melbourne Symphony? I’ll bet it is spectacular. :001_smile: