• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Ricky Nelson sang on his parents TV show, Ozzie & Harriet but he became a ”teen idol”, based on his good voice but mainly his looks. Here is beautiful young Ricky in beautiful black and white, before color TV. :001_smile:

Ricky Nelson sang on his parents TV show, Ozzie & Harriet but he became a ”teen idol”, based on his good voice but mainly his looks. Here is beautiful young Ricky in beautiful black and white, before color TV. :001_smile:

I'd love to be serenaded by him among other things 🤩 I swear I was born in the wrong decade 🤔

50+ years later and Mama Cass' message about getting people out to vote is still so important. A great duet with John Denver, sadly another two legends taken from us too early

50+ years later and Mama Cass' message about getting people out to vote is still so important. A great duet with John Denver, sadly another two legends taken from us too early

Great selection Chac! I’d never heard those two spectacular voices together. And while a great cause to try to get out the vote, particularly for young people while The Vietnam War was still raging on, the results of the effort did not have the desired results. The election that year resulted in Nixon defeating McGovern 520-17. And then who would have ever guessed that two years later in 1974, Richard Nixon would resign the presidency in disgrace. Again music is the background soundtrack to the history Of our lives.

Thinking about Chac’s post of Cass Elliot made me think of another great female voice of that era who also died way too young, the great Janis Joplin. What a fantastic powerful and soulful voice with Big Brother and the Holding Company.

As a pre-teen, my mother took me to see Camelot on Broadway, starring Richard Burton, Julie Andrews, Robert Goulet and Roddy McDowell. Today I was invited by friends to see a revival of Camelot in Lincoln Center at the end of this month. I found this video of a very handsome, young Robert Goulet from the original play that I attended with my mom so many years ago.

While Don McLean’s most well known song is “American Pie”, I consider this his greatest accomplishment, as he sings his tribute to Vincent Gogh.

Listen to his beautiful voice and brilliant lyrics including:

”Shadows on the hills
Sketch the trees and the daffodils
Catch the breeze and the winter chills
In colors on the snowy, linen land”

I’m a sucker for these “reaction” videos. Here is a guy who I’ve never seen before who came into my YouTube feed, reacting to The Beatles Revolution. What a kick ass rock and roll song with an incredible vocal by John Lennon.

I am a huge Elton John fan. This song is in my top 10 favorites of his. This whole concert is just brilliant 😀

The Beatles and Bob Dylan are my two favorite musical acts, (both writing and performing), of my lifetime.
I love this 1964 live performance by a then relatively unknown 23 year old Dylan singing his iconic Mr. Tambourine Man. By the way, Bob today at age 82 is still writing new songs and performing all over the world.

But this is young, raw, great Bob Dylan! :smiley-love021:

It’s hard to call any song my favorite, but here’s another one high up on my list at the moment.

Thanks GWTW. I love being exposed to music that is new to me. During my thirty plus years managing at my original job, the workers had free rein of the radio and some brought in tapes and College Dudes’s and I learned to appreciate all genres.

My God, let me count thy ways I love Charlie Puth 🤩🤩😍😍

1. Amazing voice and control
2. Sexy as fuck! That tank top 🤤
3. Singing my favorite Beach Boys Song

Thanks Chac. I don’t know Charlie Puth, but I like him for all three reasons that you do! :wink:

Mostly known for "see you again" with Wiz khalifa and his song "one call away". I've had a crush on him for quite some time

star-snaps6-1-26.jpg