• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

After hearing (and thoroughly enjoying) "Southern Cross" for the first time in many a year, I was reminded of another song that takes me to my happy place. :)

Last edited:
Sticking with the nautical theme, this song was co-written by the late David Crosby This is Jefferson Airplane’s live version.

This is Post Malone, I had seen him on Rocking New Years eve probably 2 years ago and hadn't given him another thought. While I was folding my laundry today I put on a random YouTube music channel on my Google Hub and this song came on. I thought it was pretty good...

And this is Bob singing the above mentioned song from The Rolling Thunder Tour back in the mid seventies.

“Tangled Up in Blue” has the lines:

”I lived with them on Montague Street
In a basement down the stairs
There was music in the cafés at night
And revolution in the air”

This morning while doing my errands on Montague Street, I noticed this sign paying homage to Bob’s classic song. :wink:

7343CF5D-38FA-4A16-B9C2-CA44FDFFB000.jpeg

Great selection Chac. R.E.O. Speedwagon had a unique sound with some fabulous catchy Pop hits which bring me back to where I was and what I was doing back at that time period, at my job and on vacations in the early 1980’s. As the late Casey Kasem used to say, “Music is the soundtrack of our lives”.

Great selection Chac. R.E.O. Speedwagon had a unique sound with some fabulous catchy Pop hits which bring me back to where I was and what I was doing back at that time period, at my job and on vacations in the early 1980’s. As the late Casey Kasem used to say, “Music is the soundtrack of our lives”.
Yes music has such a varied range which admirely reflects how different people are. Yet some people who have little in common like the same music. The world we live in has some unbelievable pairings ( I can't think of the proper term).

Last edited:
One more word about Chac’s selection of REO Speedwagon’s, “Can’t Fight This Feeling”. I listened to it when I woke up early this morning, as has been my habit over the last 15 years, to check the forum when I wake up to see if anything of note had been posted since I went to sleep. And now two hours later after eating breakfast and going out to buy the newspaper, the song is still in my head, and I think I will be humming it as I go into work later too.

Must be a fine song as I can’t get it out of my head! :thumbup1:

F38F46C6-6AC9-40AC-A48D-C41D06C3371B.jpeg

One more word about Chac’s selection of REO Speedwagon’s, “Can’t Fight This Feeling”. I listened to it when I woke up early this morning, as has been my habit over the last 15 years, to check the forum when I wake up to see if anything of note had been posted since I went to sleep. And now two hours later after eating breakfast and going out to buy the newspaper, the song is still in my head, and I think I will be humming it as I go into work later too.

Must be a fine song as I can’t get it out of my head! :thumbup1:

View attachment 117026

Just wait till this earworm crawls in 😭😭😭😆😆😆 it's been stuck in my head all damn day 😜

A great performance by Roy Orbison and a few other famous musicians 😁

I’m watching YouTube and this song popped up in my feed and it was a nostalgic trip to the 80’s for me. Blondie was a lot of fun and this was a song that I had forgotten. Not great but a lot of fun!

Chris Cornell singing Imagine by the great John Lennon. Such a shame Chris also is no longer with us.

Chris Cornell singing Imagine by the great John Lennon. Such a shame Chris also is no longer with us.

Thanks Chac For that beautiful rendition of John Lennon’s most famous solo song. I wasn’t familiar with the name Chris Cornell until I looked him up and see he was the lead singer of Soundgarden. When looking him up I saw this pic of him. He was quite a looker too. What a tragedy that he took his own life at age 52.

1746076A-81CB-4551-949A-5CAA0FEEB5CA.jpeg