• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

This is one of the oldest threads on the forum, started by joninliverton in August 2009. And I would guess that I have posted this song probably a dozen times during these past 13 years. Today as it occurred to me that next weekend is July 4th weekend and summer began this week, and how quickly the years pass by as the summers and Christmases and every other holiday seems to happen faster and faster on the “roller coaster of life”.

The song was written by Buffy St. Marie in 1967, and performed by various artists, but the most famous is this version by Joni Mitchell.

And while the entire song is brilliant, the key lyrics to me are the following:

“ And the seasons, they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return, we can only look
Behind, from where we came
And go round and round and round, in the circle game”

Thanks to YouTube I discovered in 2022 that one of my favorite songs from 1966 was recorded by a group of attractive teenage boys.

Who knew that The Left Banke were so cute? lol

I have under appreciated Led Zeppelin over the years. They formed during my Freshmen year of college in 1968 and I recall, “Whole Lot of Love” as a huge song that year. But the hard core Zep fans in my dorm were the “weirdos”, and my friends were more into Beatles, Stones, James Brown, Jethro Tull and the more mainstream rock acts of the day.

During my years as the manager of a business where we hired young high school and college kids to work after school and during the summer, I noticed that the younger crowd was very much into them and as Heavy Metal became popular with young guys in the nineties, Led Zeppelin was more popular with them than it was with my crowd from twenty years prior when they first began.

But it’s never too late to start appreciating a great artist as I am today with Zep!

By the way, this is one of the oldest threads on the forum and it is for anyone to post whatever kind of music you enjoy from opera, to classical to big band to the music of today. I am obsessed with sixties and seventies rock, but you guys should feel free to post whatever kind of music you enjoy!

Thanks to YouTube...

Your mention of YouTube triggered a memory of The Tubes. While this particular video of the song is decidely hetero, it does have its own campiness and comedy to it. haha

Last edited:
Another favorite one of mine. (It kinda has echoes of Paradise By The Dashboard Lights. haha)

Talk To Ya Later

I met her on the strip
It was another lost weekend
The band was too slick
And the people were twisted
So I asked her for a date
She reluctantly agreed
Then we went to my place
And she never did leave
She won't even miss me when she's gone
But that's ok with me I'll cry later on
It's been six months
She hasn't shut up once
I tried to explain
She's driving me insane
Talk to ya later
Don't want to hear it again tonight
Talk to ya later
Just save it for another guy
Talk to ya later
I'll just see you around
Get out, I'm tellin you now
Do you catch my drift
What could be plainer than this
Nothin more to be said
Write me a letter insted
I don't mean to be cruel
But I'm finished with you
Talk to ya later
Talk to ya later
Just save it for another guy
Talk to ya later
I'll just see you around

In homage to the late great Dame Olivia Newton-John, I'm gonna post a few of her songs in tribute.

Last edited:

If any of you want to take a look at this video just for nostalgia of the 80's, it has several homoerotic moments in it. This video was pretty far aheaad of its time in giving some positive recognition of gays in society.

If any of you want to take a look at this video just for nostalgia of the 80's, it has several homoerotic moments in it. This video was pretty far aheaad of its time in giving some positive recognition of gays in society.
And from all the evidence her co-star John Travolta was very “gay friendly” too.

00175FD5-E475-4B10-883D-AA194960BD05.jpeg

I no shit want to learn how to play the piano so bad. I tried learning guitar when I was a young teen, but my uncle passed away while I was in a lesson and I was like "you know I think this is a sign." and stopped going lol I played the trumpet in middle school (still can play it). I ALSO thought about trying the sax but decided not to. I know for sure though I want to learn the piano!!!

I no shit want to learn how to play the piano so bad. I tried learning guitar when I was a young teen, but my uncle passed away while I was in a lesson and I was like "you know I think this is a sign." and stopped going lol I played the trumpet in middle school (still can play it). I ALSO thought about trying the sax but decided not to. I know for sure though I want to learn the piano!!!

More power to you. I took up kettle drums as a kid and was to join an orchestra but chickened out , too ashamed just as AI did at the YMCA too ashamed to show my naked fat body. Well after 20 I lost 40 pounds, joined a gym and became an nudest & when I lived in San Diego spent all my free time between the gym and Blacks Beach.