• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Great selections by Chac with Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass, and Tampa with Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield, (The Righteous Brothers). Great stuff guys. :thumbup:

I've had some music stuck in my mind the last few days, here's a few earworms to share!

Etta James and Glenn Miller are not artists that I normally listen to, but it shows that great music is timeless. Thank you Chac for “opening my ears” to some fantastic sounds.

Great selections by Chac with Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass, and Tampa with Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield, (The Righteous Brothers). Great stuff guys. :thumbup:
I was actually turned on to this Righteous Brothers video by watching a reaction video of another guy who was seeing and hearing them for the first time. Unfortuantely when I tried to post the great reactoion video, it wouldn't post on the forum. Fortunately though the original music video does. :)

Last edited:
Interesting that I can post any YouTube video on the forum. I’ve yet to find any that do not post. I also have no issues viewing YouTube videos that others post. I have no clue why this is the case for me, yet others sometimes cannot post or view certain videos from YouTube. It’s a total mystery to me.

Interesting that I can post any YouTube video on the forum. I’ve yet to find any that do not post. I also have no issues viewing YouTube videos that others post. I have no clue why this is the case for me, yet others sometimes cannot post or view certain videos from YouTube. It’s a total mystery to me.
Some videos have issues that will not allow the link to play on the post but open a tab to the right of the post where they do play. I post two videos on the Sports thread & wake sure they play there.

I think I may have shared this in the forum before. It's a sad tale. But it's a timeless lesson on the evils of racism. I'm a big fan of the legendary Billie Holiday. She is related to all of us as a sister, as a holy child of God...regardless of whether her skin color may be different from our own. There have always been rumors that she was also a friend of the ladies. Possibly men too for that matter. But regardless, we in here may share that "Family" human connection to her within our own community and life experience as well.

This is one of her most controversial songs. It's hauntiing and always sends chills up and down my spine just thinking about it.

Perhaps this song is on my mind because I saw George Takei on Graham Norton discussing how his family was rounded up after Pearl Harbor and put (at the point of guns) into an internment camp. His family and many others were surrounded by walls, barbed wire, watch towers, tanks and a whole oppresive environment where they were hated based on nothing but their race and country of origin.

Anyway, moving on...

The legend of the story behind the song goes, (as I understand it) that Billie Holiday was booked a gig (in the 1930's) to perform at a white nightclub deep in the Jim Crow, KKK South. Back in the extemely segregated South if a Black performer was fortunate enough to be asked to perform at all... These were just a few of the indignities to which Black performers could expect to endure. First off, even though they might have, by the grace of their own talents and hard work at their artistic craft, been deemed worthy enough of white owners of establishments to perform for white audiences... They were not allowed to enter said establishments in the same front entrances as their audiences. They had to enter and leave through the back door, hidden from view.

If the white club did not have a Negro bathroom, (which was usually the case) they had to "just figure it out" as to how to relieve themselves, outside of a restroom, in the least conspicuous way possible. So the legend of the song goes, that Billie Holiday was performing at just such a kind of club decades ago. She was probably dressed in an elegant evening gown as the star performer. At some point that night, nature called and she had to relieve herself. As was the norm of the times for Black people she went out the back door and squatted in the bushes. It was then as her eyes adjusted to the darkeness, that she looked up and saw a body hanging from a tree across from her. It was "just" another Negro who had been lynched.

Then she had to go right back into the club and perform as if nothing had happened.

Here she performs her song, "Strange Fruit".

Last edited:
I think I may haver shared this in the forum before. It's a sad tale. But it's a timeless lesson in the evils of racism. I'm a big fan of the legendary Billie Holiday. She is related to all of us as a sister, as a holy child of God...regardless of whether her skin color may be different from our own. There have always been rumors that she was also a friend of the ladies. Possibly men too for that matter. But regardless, we in here may share that "Family" human connection to her with our own community and life experience as well.

This is one of her most controversial songs. It's hauntiing and always sends chills up and down my spine just thinking about it.

Perhaps this song is on my mind because I saw George Takei on Graham Norton discussing how his family was rounded up after Pearl Harbor and put (at the point of guns) into an internment camp. His family and many others were surrounded by walls, barbed wire, watch towers, tanks and a whole oppresive environment where they were hated based on nothing but their race and country of origin.

Anyway, moving on...

The lengend of the story behind the song goes, (as I understand it) that Billie Holiday was booked a gig (in the 1930's) to perform at a white nightclub deep in the Jim Crow, KKK South. Back in the extemely segregated South if a black performer was fortuante enough to be asked to perform at all... These were just a few of the indignities to which Black performers could expect to endure. First off, even though they might have, by the grace of their own talents and hard work at their artistic craft, been deemed worthy enough of white owners of establishments to perform for white audiences... They were not allowed to enter said establishments in the same front entrances as their audiences. They had to enter and leave through the back door, hidden from view.

If the white club did not have a Negro bathroom, which was usually the case, they had to "just figure out" how to relieve themselves, outside of a restroom, in the least conspicuous way possible. So the legend of the song goes, that Billie Holiday was performing at just such a kind of club decades ago. She was probably dressed in an elegant evening gown as the star performer. At some point that night, nature called and she had to relieve herself. As was the norm of the times she went out the back door and squatted in the bushes. It was then as her eyes adjusted to the darkeness, that she looked up and saw a body hanging from a tree across from her. He had been lynched.

Then she had to go right back into the club and perform as if nothing had happened.

Here she performs her song, Strange Fruit.

Wow, never heard that before, very powerful song. I can't even imagine what that must have been like

Etta James and Glenn Miller are not artists that I normally listen to, but it shows that great music is timeless. Thank you Chac for “opening my ears” to some fantastic sounds.

Loved Etta james in particular. Thanks buddy! :)

☺️ I'm trying to expand my music taste a bit more, I've been so stuck in the 70s to 2000s music that I rarely listen to the newer stuff or older. I had on the Elvis station the other day in the car, heard some songs by him that I didn't know existed. Don't know if I posted this here before but one of my favorites by Fats.

☺️ I'm trying to expand my music taste a bit more, I've been so stuck in the 70s to 2000s music that I rarely listen to the newer stuff or older. I had on the Elvis station the other day in the car, heard some songs by him that I didn't know existed. Don't know if I posted this here before but one of my favorites by Fats.

You might try classical

Wow Chac! I love the music you are posting on this thread. Both Elvis & Fats Domino were a bit before my time of listening to popular music but this is one fucking fantastic song. Please keep posting here on this thread. I love it. :love:

Tonight I was out picking up some last minute Christmas gifts. I heard this on the radio and I thought I'd share. I just love singing along to it, even if I can't carry a tune in a bucket 😬

Tonight I was out picking up some last minute Christmas gifts. I heard this on the radio and I thought I'd share. I just love singing along to it, even if I can't carry a tune in a bucket 😬

Another great song, Chac! I love your eclectic taste. You don’t need a good voice to keep sharing what you hear and what you like with us, your forum family! Thanks buddy!!!!

The music I listen to spans hours, kind of hard to upload

This one holds a special memory for me. It was during the pandemic when I found the most beautiful guy on Chaturbate. He was a dancer and danced to this song. I'm not a fan of Iggy Azalea (she definitely has had some controversies) but when I hear it, all I can think about is that guy dancing (he has been gone from Chaturbate for well over a year now 😭), I spent hours in that chat room talking with him and the other peeps that were in the room. It was not your typical Chaturbate room, yes there was nudity but damn did we talk about anything and everything.

The song is based on a nursery rhyme called "little Sally Walker" - https://allnurseryrhymes.com/little-sally-walker/ Iggy turned it into a twerking song. It's catchy so be warned , I'm not responsible for any earworms that won't leave

This one holds a special memory for me. It was during the pandemic when I found the most beautiful guy on Chaturbate. He was a dancer and danced to this song. I'm not a fan of Iggy Azalea (she definitely has had some controversies) but when I hear it, all I can think about is that guy dancing (he has been gone from Chaturbate for well over a year now 😭), I spent hours in that chat room talking with him and the other peeps that were in the room. It was not your typical Chaturbate room, yes there was nudity but damn did we talk about anything and everything.

The song is based on a nursery rhyme called "little Sally Walker" - https://allnurseryrhymes.com/little-sally-walker/ Iggy turned it into a twerking song. It's catchy so be warned , I'm not responsible for any earworms that won't leave

Very interesting, not the song so much , but the connection for you between the song and your Chaturbate guy. I was never a real user of that service, although for a few months I did watch one guy named Jake. I guess I have a thing for guys named Jake. But as I have my regular YouTube guys I watch, I should really find a Chaturbate boy who will talk to me, strip naked and jack off too.

Sorry, I really got off the music theme on this post. lol. But it is your fault Chac for your story, “behind the music”. 😉