• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

I no shit want to learn how to play the piano so bad. I tried learning guitar when I was a young teen, but my uncle passed away while I was in a lesson and I was like "you know I think this is a sign." and stopped going lol I played the trumpet in middle school (still can play it). I ALSO thought about trying the sax but decided not to. I know for sure though I want to learn the piano!!!
Do it Adam! You are still a very young guy and this is a great time to pursue your musical interests.

By the way, why don’t you add a few links to your favorite songs? I’m always curious to hear what my fellow forumites like to listen to, even if it is very different from my taste in music. I wish more folks would share their musical taste with us here on the forum. And that certainly includes you, Adam!

With the news of the passing of Lamont Dozier, of the legendary Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team, here are two of my personal favorite songs of his.

There are SOOO many!!!! But ill have to go with this gem here!

Those that watched the tv show, if you remember I used to be a DJ. As a result I will listen to just about any genre of music and enjoy many, however Im country at heart and I'm a romantic. Here is mine!

I’ve mentioned many times how YouTube has become my favorite website, (after Broke Straight Boys, lol). I watch it on my big TV and I listen to o it when I go to sleep. Early this morning I was listening to one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs, although there are dozens and dozens that fit in that category for me. But this is The Byrds hit version of, “My Back Pages”. I glanced over to the comments and the first one really struck a chord with me. The guy said,

“Turned 70 in March, our music still rules, was in college avoiding the draft when this came out in 1967. Learn to enjoy your life, it happens pretty fast.”

Right on brother! 👍

I heard this song the other day and it brought back so many memories of listening to this College Dudes in the 90's when I was driving home from work at 1 or 2 am after the night shift. This song soothed me and washed away the day's stresses and worries that I had just left. I was amazed by the unique voice of this new singer. I was also so impressed that this francophone Quebeker who struggled speaking English during American interviews at the beginning of her career, sang so beautifully and flawlessly in English.

I admit I was not prepared for this video tonight either. I had never seen it before. The video itself is a work of art. The choreography is fantastic. Kudos to the artists and videographers who put it together. I'm floored by how beautiful she is here. Breathtaking! She brings out a 5% bi side in me that I didn't know I had. haha Not that I'd want to have sex with her. But I think I'd stare at her off and on all night if she was in crowded room near me for the evening.

Last edited:
Am I the only person here that loves classical music and some opera?

It's hard to say if you don't post some to see if others like it. Hint, hint. haha

With our new forumite Max from Great Britain revealing he is a Bob Dylan fan, and Hurriciane Ian devastating Florida, I am reminded of this Dylan classic, the live version from the Rolling Thunder tour when I think Bobby looked and sounded great!

Not a well remembered song but a true period piece from 1966 which conjures up some fantastic memories for me from back then. :001_smile:

Great choice Mikeyank. Bob Dylan has always been one of my favourite singers and many of his songs resonates today as they did back in the sixties.

Great song Mikey - I'm a bit Dylan fan and my favourite album is Blood on the Tracks. These days my musical taste has been inspired by cover artists who really have come a long way - especially the American ones like the cute and very musical Josh Turner. Listen/watch this version of Joni Mitchell's Carey

And I forgot that Max from England during his intro thread also told us that he a fan of Bobby. :001_smile:

As I searched out this thread, I discovered that I am not the only Bob Dylan lover ever on the forum. I came across this beautiful song with photos from Bob’s life. Great video, great song, great artist.

I came across this older vid tonight and I wanted to re-post here. With all the serious crap downing down in the world right now, I figured all of us could use some lighthearted comedy and entertainment. This song (for me at least) delivers on both.

I came across this older vid tonight and I wanted to re-post here. With all the serious crap downing down in the world right now, I figured all of us could use some lighthearted comedy and entertainment. This song (for me at least) delivers on both.

That was funny! I never got into One Direction, I have heard a few of their hits, but the majority of the boy bands kinda reminds me of this song by Kevin Fowler as they are mostly in it for the $$$$

Yes Chac. A lot of boy band kind of music is all about cashing in on the new flavors of the month or the year. As we've recently been discussing the greed and corruption of the likes of Ron Pearlman, the industry has its darker sides too. There is still a lot of "casting couch" mentality in the entertainment industry. Just like slimeballs like the Harvey Weinsteins of the world are the Hollywood movie studio (and even TV equivalents) to the Pearlmans of the music industry.

I liked a lot of the boyband music of years past. Not enough to buy a College Dudes or a download, but enough to enjoy it on the radio and inside clubs. Or even as just background music in restaurants or other public venues. For the haters of boybands, I guess you could liken some of their less popular songs to just slightly more elevated "bubble gum" music of the past. lol

Last edited:
I’m not exactly sure why this song was on my mind today, but as I was out and about doing my morning chores, this song was swirling around in my head. It is a beautiful song.

I bought the Danny Wilson College Dudes with this great song on it back in the late 80's. I was re-watching the movie "There's Something About Mary" last week. It included a brief clip of this song in the movie and I smiled from the nostalgia of it. This song always takes me to a somewhat weird but very pleasant place. :)

I've had some music stuck in my mind the last few days, here's a few earworms to share!