• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

My absolute favorite Dietrich song.

Stowe I guess we are similar old soles. When I was a kid I was such a nerd I didn’t listen to popular music much as a kid. I loved to listen to a collection of 45’s that my parents had on my record player. These were hits from the 40’s and 50’s like Stardust, Blue Moon, Moon River and my favorite You Belong to Me, sung by Jo Stafford. I also was a huge fan of the Great Gatsby with Robert Redford. I fell in love with Irvin Berlin’s What’ll I Do. On one of the most romantic evenings of my life I walked into the Royal Orleans in New Orleans for dinner with my first boyfriend who I was madly in love with, a dark suited man at a grand piano was playing What’ll I Do, in the long empty marble hallway leading to the Rib Room, it was perfect.

Repareur, I agree with you about "What'll I do" (I play and sing it for my own enjoyment frequently), My real love is for classical and operatic music. My favorite love making music is Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini and his 2nd piano concerto. If you unfamiliar with the Rhapsody, do yourself a favor and listen to the 18th variation. Even if your a hard core rock fan, I think you will appreciate this beautiful music.

Repareur, I agree with you about "What'll I do" (I play and sing it for my own enjoyment frequently), My real love is for classical and operatic music. My favorite love making music is Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini and his 2nd piano concerto. If you unfamiliar with the Rhapsody, do yourself a favor and listen to the 18th variation. Even if your a hard core rock fan, I think you will appreciate this beautiful music.

It is beatiful. Thank you. I have heard it before and I’m pretty sure it’s been used in some movie soundtrack. Very inspirational.

It is beatiful. Thank you. I have heard it before and I’m pretty sure it’s been used in some movie soundtrack. Very inspirational.

Both the Rhapsody and the concerto have been used in movies and commercials as well.

Thank you Mike! I have been been put on (temp) oxygen, as a result. I go tomorrow, (Friday), for the check-up/ok-or-naysayer from the physician's assistant, as to whether I can be with my family in Los Angeles over the holidays-or if I get to remain here, in Denverish.

Thank you for sharing Bob. And great to see you back on the forum. I hope you are feeling better!

Today is the 80th birthday of the second most important musical act of my lifetime, after The Beatles. Happy Birthday to the great Bob Dylan!!!! :smiley-love021:

This is kind of random, but this song popped into my head and I have to say that Nat King Cole had one of the great voices in the entire history of music. Spectacular!

Me thinks some 1 is more interested in the pic than the music!

The Beatles are far and away the most important musical artist to me of my lifetime. I got Disney Plus just to watch the new three part Peter Jackson documentary Get Back. I’ve been savoring over it since Part 1 was released on Thanksgiving Day. I just finished watching the final part tonight. If you love The Beatles as I do, it was totally satisfying except I wish there was more to watch.

Some music themes of Internet TV are very good. For instance I especially like Rawhide & the Long Ranger themes to mention just two.

I see that you had posted this song back in August, Tampa. I just noticed it this morning and listened to it and enjoyed it. I’d heard the name Machine Gun Kelly but knew nothing else. The song reminds me of some of the fine Green Day songs that I enjoyed a couple of decades ago. Thanks for enlightening me Tampa. :thumbup1:

I happen to like all sorts of music ranging from Beethoven & happy operas to the up-to-date latest music if it is not jarring of gloomy & where their are vocals they have good voices.

I see that you had posted this song back in August, Tampa. I just noticed it this morning and listened to it and enjoyed it. I’d heard the name Machine Gun Kelly but knew nothing else. The song reminds me of some of the fine Green Day songs that I enjoyed a couple of decades ago. Thanks for enlightening me Tampa. :thumbup1:

Oh, You're welocme Mikey.

Fun pop culture fact... Pete Davidson on SNL has started doing parody impersonations of Machine Gun Kelly on the show. Apparently MGK was not impressed with how he was portrayed. So he's asked SNL to let him come on and do an impersonation of Pete Davidson. haha