• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

One more from the Bee Gees and I promise, I will stop. lol This was their performance live on The Ed Sullivan Show. I think I fell in love with young Barry Gibb that night. The next day at school, I kept thinking about Barry at the very end of the song when the music stopped as he kept singing, "It's only words and words are all I have to take your heart away". It is still beautiful as is Barry in this video now fifty-two years later.

One more from the Bee Gees and I promise, I will stop. lol This was their performance live on The Ed Sullivan Show. I think I fell in love with young Barry Gibb that night. The next day at school, I kept thinking about Barry at the very end of the song when the music stopped as he kept singing, "It's only words and words are all I have to take your heart away". It is still beautiful as is Barry in this video now fifty-two years later.

I loved The Bee Gees. Saturday Night Fever was my favorite album I used to listen to it on my 8 track player in my 1976 Camero Rally Sport.

Interestingly I crashed that car while cruising a boy on campus a few years later. Lol,

In honor of the return of joninliverton who started this thread back in 2009, I wanted to share a very old song which I only learned of a few months ago. During this pandemic I've been listening to a lot of early Bob Dylan music and discovered this timeless song regarding the connection between war and God.

In honor of the return of joninliverton who started this thread back in 2009, I wanted to share a very old song which I only learned of a few months ago. During this pandemic I've been listening to a lot of early Bob Dylan music and discovered this timeless song regarding the connection between war and God.

Great choice Mikeyank. Bob Dylan has always been one of my favourite singers and many of his songs resonates today as they did back in the sixties.

Great song Mikey - I'm a bit Dylan fan and my favourite album is Blood on the Tracks. These days my musical taste has been inspired by cover artists who really have come a long way - especially the American ones like the cute and very musical Josh Turner. Listen/watch this version of Joni Mitchell's Carey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki6q49kbWHY

Great song Mikey - I'm a bit Dylan fan and my favourite album is Blood on the Tracks. These days my musical taste has been inspired by cover artists who really have come a long way - especially the American ones like the cute and very musical Josh Turner. Listen/watch this version of Joni Mitchell's Carey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki6q49kbWHY

With all your varied tastes in music Jon from the deep past to the present, I've always found it both a little bit surprising and a lot delightful that you've also had an affinity for what to my ear would be considered American folk music.

Well I got that American/Canadian taste from my late father. I'm not sure now why my links are just showing up as links rather than including the pics like Mikey's are. Maybe there is something in settings.

I just found this on YouTube the other day. It's the remastered video of Queen's Live Aid performance in 1985, considered by many to be the best live rock performance of all time. The guys stole the show.

Spend the time to watch and listen. The video is so vivid and colors so vibrant, you feel as if you are there. And the remastered sound track is sharp and crystal clear.

Most of us are still under stay-at-home, so play this and give yourselves some timeless entertainment.

And especially for you Mikey - here is a Beatles cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iJCXCZ-dc
Thank you Jon for that great cover of that iconic song. While it wasn’t John, Paul, George and Ringo, the dude was a one man band!

As far as using the full you tube link, you must go to the “film strip” icon to paste your link Jon, just like on that other forum we used until recently. It is the same V-bulletin format.

Jon, When you want to post a song, see the little icon, second from the right that is in the shape of a piece of film. Copy the YouTube URL and paste it in the box that pops up and it will appear as Stowe and my songs do.

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 10.25.45 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 10.31.49 AM.jpg

Then click OK and it should come up like this.

Another Beatles cover - these are really good

Very nice! You know that this coming June 1 will be the 50th anniversary of the release of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, from which this song came from. Great to know that younger artists are still covering it a half century later. God, that makes me feel old, but I am old. lol

To celebrate the one billionth view (now over 1.1 billion) of Bohemian Rhapsody on YouTube, Queen released a remastered copy of the iconic song. The visual and tonal quality improvement is remarkable. Take a listen and enjoy.

Queen is always looking for new ways to stay connected to its fans. Last year it put out a call to submit a video for "Don't Stop Me Now". There were 10,000 submissions. They were cut individually to make up this video of fans singing and dancing to the song. I would have loved to watched the videographer at work. Hope you enjoy this.

Queen is always looking for new ways to stay connected to its fans. Last year it put out a call to submit a video for "Don't Stop Me Now". There were 10,000 submissions. They were cut individually to make up this video of fans singing and dancing to the song. I would have loved to watched the videographer at work. Hope you enjoy this.

Stowe, you made my day! Love it!