• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Beatles

This song is apropos of nothing, except that I heard it on the radio this morning and can't get it out of my head. The Fab Four were young and exuberant and immensely talented and this is a great example of Early Beatlemania!

This song is apropos of nothing, except that I heard it on the radio this morning and can't get it out of my head. The Fab Four were young and exuberant and immensely talented and this is a great example of Early Beatlemania!

I went to a private Catholic high school. We had an extremely rigid dress code. The summer before my senior year I grew my hair out like the Beatles'. On the first day of school I came with my new haircut plus wearing black converse sneakers. As soon as the prefect of discipline saw me he sent me to detention. He also told me I would stay in detention until I cut my hair. I remained in detention for the remainder of the school year.

She's Baaaack! The Divine Ms M, Bette Midler, singing a song from her new album which was released this week. This was telecast on the Today Show this morning. She has come a long way from the time she performed at gay bath clubs. Enjoy!

She's Baaaack! The Divine Ms M, Bette Midler, singing a song from her new album which was released this week. This was telecast on the Today Show this morning. She has come a long way from the time she performed at gay bath clubs. Enjoy!
When I first learned of the gay bathhouse scene in the early 1970's, the first one I went to was The Continental Baths in the Ansonia Hotel on West 74th St & Broadway in New York City. I never saw Bette perform there, but on Saturday nights, there was a little cabaret where the posh men and women came all dressed to the nines to watch the entertainment, while the gay boys ran around in their towels, and the steam room was right opposite the stage. Going there on Saturday nights was a rather decedent environment, like something out of ancient Greece or Rome. By the way, her piano player was Barry Manilow.

th

th

th

Already ordered Mike, as is the new Neil Young College Dudes.

Jon,

I don't know if this will be of interest to you (musicians seldom give good interviews): but here is Neil Young on "Charlie Rose", talking about his new album and his political and ethical concerns. (There is a very interesting interview about art, afterward, but you are free to skip that, if you wish.)

"A" XOXOXOXOO

[video]http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60468337[/video]

When I first learned of the gay bathhouse scene in the early 1970's, the first one I went to was The Continental Baths in the Ansonia Hotel on West 74th St & Broadway in New York City. I never saw Bette perform there, but on Saturday nights, there was a little cabaret where the posh men and women came all dressed to the nines to watch the entertainment, while the gay boys ran around in their towels, and the steam room was right opposite the stage. Going there on Saturday nights was a rather decedent environment, like something out of ancient Greece or Rome. By the way, her piano player was Barry Manilow.

Enjoyed this greatly, Mike. Very funny lady. Infinite charm. Not a bad voice, either.

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

Mike ~

This is just for my friend Jon, because I know he will love it, so very, very, much ;-) (I chose the karaoke version, replete with lyrics, so Jon can sing along, when he's feeling especially sentimental!!! :)

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

Hmmmm -

Perhaps I ought to redeem my reputation (and taste) a little, before the evening is done.

"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

*All great pianists are either Jewish, or homosexual. I am. . . BOTH." ~ Vladimir Horowitz

Believe it or not, this old man has been around for quite a while. I used to get high and listen to "Poison" in my day. I still get high but my choice of listening music has toned down some. Besides classical organ I listen to a lot of Alternative, New age and Reggae music today. This song came out after I had abandoned my hustling, prostituting days. I can not deny it, if I could go back, I would do it all over again. After all these years, one does not realize how much I miss my days on the street. It is an addiction which I still live with today.

Last edited:
I was driving back from the Bronx this afternoon on the FDR Drive with the windows open on a sunny 60 degree day, with the classic rock station blasting and this fine song came on the radio! Gotta love Bowie!!!