• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Lynryd Synyrd, Free Bird. This band had the custom of displaying the rebel flag in their concerts. The flag was a controversial symbol in the deep south of the US. To the African-American community it represented the south's history of slavery. The Anglo community defended this, saying it represented their proud heritage as Confederates who fought against the Union in the Civil War. At present, it is illegal to display this flag in public in Florida. One will see the occasional flag flying in private homes in rural parts of the state.

I heard this on the radio a few minutes ago and had to post it. I love One Republic. For those of us who have been in discussions on the other forum, this has nothing to do with that. This is just a song I like. Enjoy! P.S. He was playing this in the key of B flat. I could tell by watching his fingers on the piano.

Last edited:
First off, let me say I am not a big fan of Christmas music. However, I saw this this morning on the Today Show and liked Idina Menzel's version of Silent Night. BTW - looking out side the windows is Mikeyank's home town.

Last night on a cold rainy night in Times Square in New York City, Bruce Springstein did a marvelous job stepping in for Bono fronting U2 at the concert for World AIDS Day.

Last night on a cold rainy night in Times Square in New York City, Bruce Springstein did a marvelous job stepping in for Bono fronting U2 at the concert for World AIDS Day.

Mike, I posted that concert on the other forum.

I posted this on the family forum but I will repeat here. This song is quite appropriate at Christmas time as members throughout the globe celebrate in all types of climate. Check out Johnny Marr's harmonica solo.