• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Although certainly not a favorite song of mine, I heard this song this morning on the radio, and it was mentioned how Lauren Bacall was the last of the sixteen celebrities mentioned in the song to die. Here is a bit about about the sixteen:

The song came out in March of 1990; Greta Garbo died just a month later. (James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and others had already gone, of course.) Bacall, 24 years on, was the final one.

Greta Garbo (April 15, 1990)

Marilyn Monroe (Aug. 5, 1962)

Marlene Dietrich (May 6, 1992)

Joe DiMaggio (March 8, 1999)

Marlon Brando (July 1, 2004)

James Dean (Sept. 30, 1955)

Grace Kelly (Sept. 14, 1982)

Jean Harlow (June 7, 1937)

Gene Kelly (Feb. 2, 1996)

Fred Astaire (June 2, 1987)

Ginger Rogers (April 25, 1995)

Rita Hayworth (May 14, 1987)

Lauren Bacall (Aug. 12, 2014)

Katharine Hepburn (June 29, 2003)

Lana Turner (June 29, 1995)

Bette Davis (Oct. 6, 1989)​

The song was a tribute, of course, to a certain kind of old-fashioned glamour. With Bacall gone, that flame has just about burned out.

th

Last edited:
Although certainly not a favorite song of mine, I heard this song this morning on the radio, and it was mentioned how Lauren Bacall was the last of the sixteen celebrities mentioned in the song to die. Here is a bit about about the sixteen:

The song came out in March of 1990; Greta Garbo died just a month later. (James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and others had already gone, of course.) Bacall, 24 years on, was the final one.

Greta Garbo (April 15, 1990)

Marilyn Monroe (Aug. 5, 1962)

Marlene Dietrich (May 6, 1992)

Joe DiMaggio (March 8, 1999)

Marlon Brando (July 1, 2004)

James Dean (Sept. 30, 1955)

Grace Kelly (Sept. 14, 1982)

Jean Harlow (June 7, 1937)

Gene Kelly (Feb. 2, 1996)

Fred Astaire (June 2, 1987)

Ginger Rogers (April 25, 1995)

Rita Hayworth (May 14, 1987)

Lauren Bacall (Aug. 12, 2014)

Katharine Hepburn (June 29, 2003)

Lana Turner (June 29, 1995)

Bette Davis (Oct. 6, 1989)​

The song was a tribute, of course, to a certain kind of old-fashioned glamour. With Bacall gone, that flame has just about burned out.

th
Dear mike
Meaningful Post,Picture,Song... To come home to.Think I was born at the wrong time...xoxoxo johnny

Dear mike
Meaningful Post,Picture,Song... To come home to.Think I was born at the wrong time...xoxoxo johnny
ive always thought the same thing about myself as ive always believed I was meant for to be born ages ago. Dan x

Favourite CDs/Albums

Well a long time I also started a thread about members favourite albums but it died a death. As I type this I am listening to AC/DC's Back in Black album, which I reckon is one of the best albums of all time.

What are you guys listening to now - and I don't want to hear about your wives groans lol

Well a long time I also started a thread about members favourite albums but it died a death. As I type this I am listening to AC/DC's Back in Black album, which I reckon is one of the best albums of all time.

What are you guys listening to now - and I don't want to hear about your wives groans lol

Tool, "The Pot." I love their music!:thumbup: Damn, I'm feeling a "liquid dinner" coming on.

There was a superb Kate Bush documentary on the BBC yesterday evening. Hope you get it over there soon, it's worth a million bucks. She must go down as a child prodigy. She wrote the song below when she was just 15. She was introduced to David Gilmour of Pink Floyd at 15 and he went down to her parents to see her and she played him 50 songs... The story goes on..

Top 10 guitar riffs of all-time

I heard a story in the news driving home from work. BBC Radio 2 had it's listener vote on the greatest guitar riffs of all time. This is their list and a youtube live version of the #1 song on that list!

BBC 2 voters

1. Whole Lotta Love, Led Zeppelin

2. Sweet Child O' Mine, Guns 'N' Roses

3. Back in Black, AC/DC

4. Smoke on the Water, Deep Purple

5. Layla, Derek and the Dominoes

6. How Soon is Now, The Smiths

7. Down Down, Status Quo

8. Money For Nothing, Dire Straits

9. You Really Got Me. The Kinks

10. Money, Pink Floyd

I heard a story in the news driving home from work. BBC Radio 2 had it's listener vote on the greatest guitar riffs of all time. This is their list and a youtube live version of the #1 song on that list!

BBC 2 voters

1. Whole Lotta Love, Led Zeppelin

2. Sweet Child O' Mine, Guns 'N' Roses

3. Back in Black, AC/DC

4. Smoke on the Water, Deep Purple

5. Layla, Derek and the Dominoes

6. How Soon is Now, The Smiths

7. Down Down, Status Quo

8. Money For Nothing, Dire Straits

9. You Really Got Me. The Kinks

10. Money, Pink Floyd

Yes the played all 100 songs this last Monday, which was a bank holiday in England and Wales.

Here is another track from the great album Reggatta De Blanc.. If you havn't got this album then I recommend you download it.. xxjonxx

Last edited:
Youtube compilations - Acoustic Neil Finn set - Thinking of you Grace

Now that the "other forum" is not more - sorry Robert, here is a compilation of Neil Finn acoustic songs that will remind me of my good friend Grace from Tasmania. We both love Neil and I love her too.

This is my absolute #1 favorite song Elvis Presley every did. I have sung this so many times at Karaoke. I ran across this sexy video of Elvis today so decided to share it.