• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Thanks, Louis! IDK If this is unfortunate, or not, but I just now woke for NO REASON, so I decided to check in, after putting this on, only to see your post. I had the song in my head LOL

Bastille performed this live on the Today show this morning.

I recently bought David Crosby's 4 College Dudes box set, called Voyage. So I was listening to it on random play and came across this song. So I Youtube'd it and found this clip from 1970. The banter before the song begins is cool. Guess David and Graham are like Mikey and me lol.

It's a beautiful song though

Oops, it ends with Teach Your Children, so double bonus.

Great song Jon. It instantly reminded me of "To Sir With Love." The movie, of the same title, is definitely worth watching.

My 2 favourite songs are the power of love by Jennifer rush and take on me by aha people always used to lets say extract the urine about those songs as for someone of my age people always expect me to listen to moden stuff but I just can't get used to it as I like my songs to have words that you hear rather than just the music and weird wording. Oh yeah I recently found the Celtic angels album online and I really like to listen to that when I meditate. Sorry I know that's more than one song but once you get me started its hard to shut me up lol. :)

I 'usually' am not a fan of Tina, but I was watching "The Voice", and one of the contestants covered this. I have not gotten it outta my head since, so since you are my friends, I will share my ad nausium (sp?) with you guys! LOL (I still like the sog though!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1RfK-C_4k

Oh shit, I feel like it's going to be one of those fun nights...I start with this rhythmic addition..

NIIICE, Beth!!! I forgot about Godsmack. GREAT SONG!! OMG, I wished the radio would play more Godsmack, even though they haven't had anything new in a LONG ASS time!! They did a bomb live version, too.

Oh shit, I feel like it's going to be one of those fun nights...I start with this rhythmic addition..

Last edited:
This is for Grace - a dear friend and ex member of Broke Straight Boys

Back in 1979 when that song was released, the Knack were said to be the "next Beatles", much as the Bay City Rollers were called the same thing in 1978, but obviously we have not yet had, the next Beatles.

And Jon, you know where to find Grace, on another forum. Why don't you post it where she will see it?

Brooklyn Roads

While I've never been a big Neil Diamond fan, as Peterh of Seattle is, but I did find this fine video of what is a quality song. It includes images of old Brooklyn, The Brooklyn Bridge, Coney Island, Ebbets Field where the Brooklyn Dodgers used to play, some old movie palaces of yesteryear, and not the multi-plexes of today. I even saw a shot of Montero's Bar which still stands just around the corner from my apartment on Atlantic Avenue. And the song is universal about the roots which we all come from. It's a real good song and an excellent video for me!