• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Be they world travelers

This one is a real throwback in time for me. They played it often on MTV when I was in college. Back when Music Television played music. lol

Dear Tampa,

Along those same lines cums the "classic video" listed below. It is timeless in scope and dedicated to all those current and former forumites hailing from the Outback -- World Travelers -- where ever they may be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD40Dr-gF_U

Forever in your spell and Best Wishes!

Stimpy

Last edited:
Glad you liked it Stimpy. Here's another throwback along those same lines. Another 80's classic. :)

Here's a song that Jon had posted a live video to on another thread. Until yesterday I had never seen the full official music video to it. The group said at the time (in 1989) that this song was about freeing women from the confines of a patriarchal society. It's part social commentary, part art, and speaks to the symbiotic relationship that the female and male energies contribute to our society and civilization. The ying and the yang. The sun and the moon, the wind and the rain.

They also said this song spoke the fact that to free women also means freeing men. That women as human beings are not to be treated as worthy of less respect or dignity. And that the feminine energy is not to be dismissed as undesirable or a sign of weakness in the general course of our lives. That men would find more creativity and gentleness (and perhaps even more happiness?) if they allowed themselves to embrace some of what might be considered some of the more feminine aspects of their personalities.

I got the College Dudes to the album in 1989 after seeing it reviewed on CNN. I didn't find out until yesterday that they are a British band. The video looks like it was filmed in L.A. Just as many others have been. The video to this song is so moving, haunting, lacking in subtlety and yet full of symbolism. If anyone doubts that music and the videography behind it can be an art form that touches your soul...I hope they'll watch this one with an open mind.

Tears for Fears ~ Woman in Chains

Last edited:
My interest in rock music pretty much began just before The Beatles hit the American airwaves. My station of choice was WMCA, New York, "home of the hits, home of the good guys". While the focus was on rock and roll, the station did play the entire top 25 each week, which included music that was not rock, and one of the big songs from 1964 was by Gloria Lynne, called "I wish you Love".

I read this morning that she passed away yesterday, and her haunting big hit song has been running through my head all morning. While I may not have appreciated the lyrics and the beauty of the song back at age fourteen, I sure appreciate it now.

Rest in peace, Gloria.

Paul McCartney did a live gig for BBC radio this week. It should be available on TV soon, so keep an eye on it. Tampa I cannot watch the T4F link as it is not watchable in this country.

Paul McCartney did a live gig for BBC radio this week. It should be available on TV soon, so keep an eye on it. Tampa I cannot watch the T4F link as it is not watchable in this country.

Sorry Jon. What's wrong with this picture when the video to a song done by a British band is not available in Britain? *shakes head* It seems to me that since they are a British band that maybe you could find the official video to the song on another site in the U.K. If you were willing to go through the effort of course...

Thanks Robert. It looks like that was a magical night to be in Belfast. :)

I found this version that us Brits can see lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5-c79LQ3aM

Did you realise this thread is on it's 100th page yay xx

That link says it can't be seen in MY country. lol Figures... :) If it's the original 1989 video, I'm glad you got to see it Jon. I'm not even bi and yet I'm crushing on Oleta Adams. :smiley-love021: What a voice and what a beauty and presence she is. She's mesmerizing.

And yes. Congratulations Jon that your thread has reached 100 pages.

:waw:

Hi, I'm opening this one up again. Particularly because I've heard that Christine McVie is returning back to Fleetwood Mac full time. I'm tempted to go over to Madison Square garden in October but tickets are so expensive, then if you include the flights and hotel, I would have to sell my body on the streets.

I found this song completely by accident - as you do on Youtube. Thought I'd share it with you members as it's a beautiful song.

Hi, I'm opening this one up again. Particularly because I've heard that Christine McVie is returning back to Fleetwood Mac full time. I'm tempted to go over to Madison Square garden in October but tickets are so expensive, then if you include the flights and hotel, I would have to sell my body on the streets.

Or Broke Straight Boys?!:drool: You know you would be a huge success!