• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

This is a clip from one of my favorite musicals. The song is Tentative D'enlevement from Notre Dame de Paris. It has subtitles for those of us that can't speak French. The quality isn't the greatest but the play is wonderful and the subs are accurate as far as I can tell.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?feature=plpp&v=CmTaOV7DVq8

And here's Bohemienne:

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?feature=plpp&v=FICutFuEIgg

And my favorite song of them all-Ave Maria Paien

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?feature=plpp&v=UY30Qgj6LJM

Last edited:
I heard that there will be a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden, here in New York City on December 12, to benefit the relief fund for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Wow! This is a spectacular lineup, so far.

Lineup
•Paul McCartney
•Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
•Billy Joel
•Roger Waters
•The Who
•Alicia Keys
•Kanye West
•Jon Bon Jovi
As this is our "favourite" music thread, I thought it appropriate to discuss this mega concert starring most of my all time favorite bands and artists who are still performing, and now the Rolling Stones were added to the lineup for this coming Wednsday night at the Garden. I will not be attending in person, but will set my DVR and enjoy all of the music. This is a latest lineup and broadcast info write up:

By Randy Lewis
December 7, 2012, 11:47 a.m.

The Rolling Stones have jumped aboard the already rock star-studded lineup for next week’s benefit concert to raise money for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.

The Stones join previously announced performers including Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Kanye West, the Who, Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Alicia Keys, Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder.

The show, called “121212: The Concert for Sandy Relief,” will start Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time at Madison Square Garden and benefits the Robin Hood Relief Fund. It will be carried on dozens of broadcast and cable TV channels nationally and internationally, including CBS, HBO, VH1 Classic, EPIX, Fuse, AXS TV and G4 and internationally on A&E International, the American Forces Network, Sony Entertainment Television, HBO (Latin America) and 37 MTV channels.

The music also will be carried on Clear Channel Radio stations and streamed on various websites including Yahoo, YouTube, AOL, Vevo, Hulu and MTV Networks. Event organizers say the show will be accessible to 2 billion people worldwide.

The concert will be simulcast to dozens of movie theaters in affected areas of New York and New Jersey, and free tickets will be distributed to residents of those regions.

Hi dudes,

I love music and although I play acoustic guitar (badly) I prefer listening to my collection as well as my dad and uncles.

My musical range goes from A to Z ranging from all types of music, be it pop, rock, country, folk or classical. Does anyone else have such a diverse range ?

I love musice I have been playing guitar for 14 years, and I listen to pretty much everything, but I have to say I love real punk rock. Not that crap that they make these days and call punk, but the real stuff from th 70s and 80s. Oh just keep playing you'll get better with time.

I heard that there will be a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden, here in New York City on December 12, to benefit the relief fund for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Wow! This is a spectacular lineup, so far.

Lineup
•Paul McCartney
•Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
•Billy Joel
•Roger Waters
•The Who
•Alicia Keys
•Kanye West
•Jon Bon Jovi

My sister was lucky enough to see Roger Waters et al perform The Wall in its entirety recently. She says it was an awesome show, really sore I missed it!

The husband and I have been trying to revive our youth this year by going to as many gigs and concerts as we could. Radiohead were, as ever, seriously shitkicking - we see them whenever the play a UK date. New York rock band We Are Augustines are a new band and pretty bloody good. Old favourite Spiritualized rocked Camden Playhouse, Hot Chip were all good and M83 (who you'll have heard on adverts, TV, film trailers, just everywhere) absolutely destroyed Brixton Academy.

Also managed to see both The XX and Sigur Ros for the first time at Bestival, which is way better than Glastonbury. The music goes on ALL NIGHT LONG! You'd think it was EUROPE or something!!

I've never met anyone who has heard Sigur Ros' music and not liked it. I walked down the aisle to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L_DQKCDgeM

And we had our first dance to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH97ma9YiI

Here is the current UK Christmas number 1. It's a mixture of artists who came together to produce a song for the victims of the Hillsborough soccer disaster in 1989 when 96 fans lost their lives at the Sheffield stadium. The song although made famous by The Hollies was actually written by Neil Diamond.