• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

For whatever reason, I am unable to load some Youtube videos of the "505 Chorus" a group of young men from Alb. N.M., who specialize in Barbershop competition. Several of the boys are well know to Carl and me, and three of them, including Carl's son Erik, are now professionally employed in New York. One, Ivan Miler, is an opera singer, another, Michael Stokes is a published and produced singer/songwriter with two+ albums in just over a year. (He is the soloist in the video "Somebody to Love".) Erik Clack is a professional singer at St James Church, and just finished the lead in the Hampton's summer revival of "Singing in the Rain". I hope you all enjoy!

They're amazing, Marky. Anyone who can sing impresses me, but to be able sing without music just stuns me!

...I hope I uploaded the right clip...:smile:

I couldn't find JJ's version of the song above but I did find this song from the same album Body and Soul. Please listen to it, it brings goosebumps to me.

I couldn't find JJ's version of the song above but I did find this song from the same album Body and Soul. Please listen to it, it brings goosebumps to me.

I watched it and I liked it, but please explain what it is I just watched, Jon. These are images of mostly old New York City, from my parents and grandparent's time, although some seem like colorized versions of old photographs, as well as some modern photography too.

Is this a Joe Jackson instrumental? I am only familiar with his song from the 80's, I believe, "Is she really going out with him?"

I watched it and I liked it, but please explain what it is I just watched, Jon. These are images of mostly old New York City, from my parents and grandparent's time, although some seem like colorized versions of old photographs, as well as some modern photography too.

Is this a Joe Jackson instrumental? I am only familiar with his song from the 80's, I believe, "Is she really going out with him?"

Yes it is a Joe Jackson instrumental Mike. It's from his album Body and Soul from 1984 from which all the above songs are from. I have all his albums on my ipod and I was listening to them on my home from work yesterday and I couldn't get them out of my head. The first song called The Verdict is from the film of the same name.

JJ is not only a phenomonal songwriter but also a superb performer and instrumentalist.

Jon, I loved the Joe Jackson selections. I always really enjoyed his music and wished he was more appreciated for his talent.

Suze DeMarchi fronting INXS for a special project in 2010...

I just love Suze DeMarchi...*too damn bad I'm not a lesbian kinda shrug*

I guess it must be the way the lyrics are interpreted, because I hear a song about a person wanting to take care of someone else...

I agree with Grace......I took it like one of those great written sex scenes, where one tells the other to lay back and let them explore.

Yes, Grace, I too, took it the same way as you did, thus I shared it. Those that know me on the forum, know that no matter how POPULAR/how cool a beat a/the song has, if it is CONDONING such actions, UNLESS it is proven/told to be true, I would NEVER glorify/promote it.

I appreciate/welcome all others' comments, nonetheless!

I guess it must be the way the lyrics are interpreted, because I hear a song about a person wanting to take care of someone else...