• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

The Beatles were a bit before my time and I must confess I know very little about them..but *bemused shrug* I adore Paul McCartney and Wings!

At one long age end of school concert, the school bully was recruited to sing this Beatles song. Much to my surprise, because she had the personality of the devil, she possessed the voice of an angel...

Well they were well before my time Grace, but they're songs have always been played on the radio so even the kids of today grow up with them.

The Beatles were a bit before my time and I must confess I know very little about them..but *bemused shrug* I adore Paul McCartney and Wings!

At one long age end of school concert, the school bully was recruited to sing this Beatles song. Much to my surprise, because she had the personality of the devil, she possessed the voice of an angel...
Thank you so much Grace, for playing that marvelous video of Paul and the boys doing Yesterday. There is no way I can express in words the influence that the Beatles had over my life, and how they touched all of American, (and obviously the world too) back in late 1963, into their incredible breakthrough year 1964. I was only 14 years old, but starting with their music, their haircuts, their attitude, they changed my life, and I believe the world as well.

Watching your clip, I'm reminded that Paul was called, "the cute Beatle", and I totally subscribed to that theory, but looking back now, I realize that John, George & even Ringo were all very cute Beatles as well!

Again, I can NEVER get too much Beatles!!!

I've mentioned this on the other music thread but this week celebrates 50 years since the Beatles published their first record back in 62. So what is your fav Beatles song - please post a clip where possible. thanks
Jon, I don't have a "favorite" Beatles song, but 100's of favorite songs, but this is the first Beatles record that I ever heard, played by a disc jockey on my favorite radio station, the WMCA Good Guys.

I recall an early winter day in 1963, rushing home from junior high school, and going to our local record store to buy the single, 45 rpm on vinyl, wrapped in a colorful Capital label record jacket, rushing home, and I played that song hundreds of times at full blast. (I was the only one home in the early afternoon). There was something about this record and song that was different than anything I had ever heard before.

I'll See you a Paganini and raise you a Ravel

Dear Robert,

I love your selection of Paganini, but my life long favorite is none other than Maurice Ravel's Bolero filmed at a flash mob in Copenhagen Central Station.

Sincerely hope you enjoy this,

Stimpy

A Beatles favorite of mine since I first heard it has always been...

Dear Mikeyank,

I hope you like this selection!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Dear Mikeyank,

I hope you like this selection!

Sincerely,

Stimpy
I sure do like your selection, Stimpy. They are so amazing, as they progressed in their musical stylings from the relatively simple, but captivating songs of teenaged awakenings of lust and the desire to love and be loved, into their psychedelic era, and they weren't following the trends, but instead they were creating them, and the rest of the world followed their lead.

Back in 1964, at the height of Beatlemania, this simple, silly song became a #1 record, as it expressed the emotions of teenage girls & some boys too, all around the world, including at least one fourteen year old fan in Brooklyn, New York! :blushing:

Sounds of Silence

Soul Searching Melody: No one does it better than Simon & Garfunkel...

PS Also featured in the movie sensation of its time known simply as "THE GRADUATE". Dustin Hoffman, the recently graduated student, is staring into an aquarium vacantly "contemplating his navel" in the lingo of its time. His character had no direction in his life at the time.

One of my all time favorite movies,

Stimpy

Music is emotion

Dear Robert,

I love your selection of Paganini, but my life long favorite is none other than Maurice Ravel's Bolero filmed at a flash mob in Copenhagen Central Station.

Sincerely hope you enjoy this,

Stimpy

My very dearest cumrade Stimpy,

Indeed I enjoyed your Ravel's Bolera version (video) from start till finish. Starting with chicken skin over my arms, and finishing with those strange shivering's down my spine. If present on the Danish station, being there, at the right time... one would have been tempted to unzip and start... beaten meat in the beat till the 'petit mort' (tiny death) released us.

Music is emotion... so this is from me for your friend:

and watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67HtWxSWILg&feature=related

Last edited:
I wanted to post this in reply to Graces pick of Bob Seger's Night Moves, on the other music thread, but wasn't quick enough! At any rate, here's one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite singers, Natalie Merchant when she was with 10,000 Maniacs...

While searching for a song for the other music thread I came across this song. Land right issues aside, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the beat of this song.

I wanted to post this in reply to Graces pick of Bob Seger's Night Moves, on the other music thread, but wasn't quick enough! At any rate, here's one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite singers, Natalie Merchant when she was with 10,000 Maniacs...

Quite good but not as raunchy and dirty as Pat Benatar..

Thanks to Ambivalent for reminding me of this song - he posted it on the other side but I think it is worth of this thread. Listen to the words and read the Youtube comments - there are some deep stories there.