• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Talk on another thread about the TV show MASH made me want to hear the theme music once again...I remember coming across the words to the theme music for the first time (many years into re-runs) and crying at how poignant they were...

Mmm - that 1D song on youtube was a pirate and not supposed to be shown. The band had not been due to release the single until a few weeks time but now they have had to release it this week.

Mmm - that 1D song on youtube was a pirate and not supposed to be shown. The band had not been due to release the single until a few weeks time but now they have had to release it this week.

Hmmmmmm, It came from their youtube channel. Maybe there is a rebel in the group?

While most of my musical favorites are from the 60's and 70's, on occasion a song will seep into my brain, and I heard one of those "new" songs from a few years ago today at my gym, and I can't get it out of my head. It's actually an excellent song!

I heard this at a friends place...I don't usually like mish-mash rap, but kinda works for me

This is Paul Carrack's new single. It sounds very 60s ish from what I can tell but it's a lovely song. One for families and grannies I think

Grace, there is nothing wrong with your song choice. Mash ups are very popular right now, and some of them are amazing. Pit Bull also seems to be teaming up with so many performers lately, the song he does with Jennifer Lopez is one of my favorites.

Jon just prefers music that was made before he was even born...........

The Who I'm Free

Today was my last day of work for the next ten days as my employer will be closed for religious observance, and since I left the office this afternoon, this fine song from the Who's rock opera Tommy has been on my mind.

Please note Broke Straight Boys forumites, that I choose the Youtube version showing off Roger Daltry's fine body. In fact I saw The Who four times at concerts, and Roger never failed to show off his assets. :thumbup1:

I heard this song this morning on the radio and I'm still singing it to myself. This version has still's from the classic "Fast Times At Ridgemont High", which is where I first heard this Jackson Browne song. The movie was also my introduction to Sean Penn in his classic role of Jeff Spiculi, the stoned surfer. There were a few cute guys in the film too, but I most remember the kid who played Mike, the ticket scalper, along with Spiculi.

PS Ray Walston who was televisions' My Favorite Martin had a great role as Mr. Hand, Spiculi's teacher. Good song. Great movie, and I see it was released in 1982, that's 30 years ago. Yikes.

Attachments

• imagesCAPFYQ5I.jpg
    imagesCAPFYQ5I.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 46
  • seanpenn.jpg
    seanpenn.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 20
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 47
Grace, there is nothing wrong with your song choice. Mash ups are very popular right now, and some of them are amazing. Pit Bull also seems to be teaming up with so many performers lately, the song he does with Jennifer Lopez is one of my favorites.

Jon just prefers music that was made before he was even born...........

Thanks Ms. K, I'll have to listen to this one later when my husband isn't around. Anything JLo turns him into a lovestruck school boy and I fear my laptop would disappear from my lap and onto his lap pretty damn quick! :smile:

This is Paul Carrack's new single. It sounds very 60s ish from what I can tell but it's a lovely song. One for families and grannies I think

Thanks for posting! I used to love Squeeze! I don't even know how many times I saw them perform back in the 80's & 90's. I had no idea Paul was still making music. Now if only he and Jools and Chris & Glen would get together and put out a new album!

Dearest Blake,

You have exceeded our expectations from the very beginning. Speaking for myself you will always have a place in my heart. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your kindness to me and to us. Your willingness to share glimpses into your own life as well as your constant desire to please the fans, are just part of what makes you so special to so many of us in here. You have given us so much more than the simple enjoyment of your video work for its own sake. When I close my eyes to go to sleep at night at the end of a tough day...my mood is lifted just by knowing that there are some amazing and kind people in the world like you. XOO

Thanks, Tampa. You're too kind. You should see me now....NOT. lol

This song came to mind this evening when thinking of both Blake and Buckeye. Years from now there will come a point for Blake when age and the linear time of earth have changed his youthful features. Age has a way of turning us into caricatures of our former selves. Yet most importantly, in my mind's eye Blake's inner beauty will never fade for me. Neither (on a secondary level) will my memories fade of his physical beauty when we met him in the prime of life.

So this song is for Blake and Robb.

This song came to mind this evening when thinking of both Blake and Buckeye. Years from now there will come a point for Blake when age and the linear time of earth have changed his youthful features. Age has a way of turning us into caricatures of our former selves. Yet most importantly, in my mind's eye Blake's inner beauty will never fade for me. Neither (on a secondary level) will my memories fade of his physical beauty when we met him in the prime of life.

So this song is for Blake and Robb.

Damn, Tampa, I never had a song dedicated to me! I like the way you dedicated it to "Blake and Robb". Makes us look like a couple. lol

I don't really mind aging...never did. It happens to all of us if we live long enough. I was always told you are as young as you feel. Until about a year ago, I felt as I did in my 30's, but illness and surgeries have dragged me down a bit lately. But I still have a positive attitude and am looking forward to the next 50 years. Just a little slower though.

I hope Blake continues to seize the moment now, while he is young, because NOTHING lasts forever and it will be over in what will seem like a wink.

Thanks, Tampa.

Damn, Tampa, I never had a song dedicated to me! I like the way you dedicated it to "Blake and Robb". Makes us look like a couple. lol

I don't really mind aging...never did. It happens to all of us if we live long enough. I was always told you are as young as you feel. Until about a year ago, I felt as I did in my 30's, but illness and surgeries have dragged me down a bit lately. But I still have a positive attitude and am looking forward to the next 50 years. Just a little slower though.

I hope Blake continues to seize the moment now, while he is young, because NOTHING lasts forever and it will be over in what will seem like a wink.

Thanks, Tampa.
Robb, you remain thoroughly "forever young" based on your playful, youthful attitude exhibited on the forum. You are definitely a treasure of this forum, and I look forward to reading your posts for the next 50 years or so. :001_tongue:

I've mentioned this on the other music thread but this week celebrates 50 years since the Beatles published their first record back in 62. So what is your fav Beatles song - please post a clip where possible. thanks