• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Wow! Thanks Rob, I'd totally forgotten how much I adore listening to Taylor Dane...I have a bit of a thing about the tone and pitch of voices and I so covet her's

This one's my fave

On the song linking thread I spoke of an event that highlighted an interesting cultural difference between OZ and the US.

This is the OZ band I mentioned playing 'Beds are Burning' at the actual event. The sound quality isn't the best but you have to take a peek at Peter (lead singer) Garratt's awkward dance moves...even I (Ms Super Clumsy) can do better *smug smile*

I like that we don't usually fixate on one group or performer. But.... haha This is my favorite of Taylor Dane's: :)

On the song linking thread I spoke of an event that highlighted an interesting cultural difference between OZ and the US.

This is the OZ band I mentioned playing 'Beds are Burning' at the actual event. The sound quality isn't the best but you have to take a peek at Peter (lead singer) Garratt's awkward dance moves...even I (Ms Super Clumsy) can do better *smug smile*

Lead singer reminds me of that guy from The Hills have Eyes - Scary or what..

Wow! Thanks Rob, I'd totally forgotten how much I adore listening to Taylor Dane...I have a bit of a thing about the tone and pitch of voices and I so covet her's

This one's my fave

Grace, I am a HUGE fan of hers. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I'll Be Your Shelter is one of them! As is this one, from her first album, which wasnt released as a single...

taylor.jpg

I enjoy all music except for rap. Im sorry if you disagree but I think little of it is talent or makes sense. I just dont prefer it but obviously some do. Hate it or not I actually enjoy country music quite a bit. I am known to listen to a variety of thing though and really enjoy oldies. Like music from the 50's 60's and 70's. Elvis is my favorite.

My all time favorite music and this may be suprising is... I dont even know what to call it. Middle Eastern maybe. Music from Egypt and arabic countries. With instruments like the oud and singing thats more like a chant if that makes sense.

Grace, I am a HUGE fan of hers. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I'll Be Your Shelter is one of them! As is this one, from her first album, which wasnt released as a single...

View attachment 7878

OMG! You not only met her, you hugged her! That definitely tops my meeting 'Men at Work' in my PJ's with bed hair...Lol :smile:

I enjoy all music except for rap. Im sorry if you disagree but I think little of it is talent or makes sense. I just dont prefer it but obviously some do. Hate it or not I actually enjoy country music quite a bit. I am known to listen to a variety of thing though and really enjoy oldies. Like music from the 50's 60's and 70's. Elvis is my favorite.

My all time favorite music and this may be suprising is... I dont even know what to call it. Middle Eastern maybe. Music from Egypt and arabic countries. With instruments like the oud and singing thats more like a chant if that makes sense.

This is an interesting combo of traditional eastern meshing with a powerful western beat...listen until at least 4.30 where the tempo changes dramatically.

Last edited:
Lead singer reminds me of that guy from The Hills have Eyes - Scary or what..

Depending on what side of the political fence you're sitting on, what's even more scarey is he's now the minister for environment in one of our two main political parties...

This one just came out, and it reminded me of Straightcurious. I wonder where he has been. :(

Thanks Miss K, I hadn't heard that before. I must admit I am not a pop fan nor a rap fan either. Like Jason, I mainly listen to music from the 50s to mainly the 80s, so really anything before I was born lol. I'm not saying that I don't like any music after the 80s, there are a few good songs, it's more of a generalisation.

If I was going to date any of these 1D guys it would be Zane Tate. He's come on a bit since the nervous guy we saw in X factor and as you can see he had a major singing part in this video.

This one just came out, and it reminded me of Straightcurious. I wonder where he has been. :(

I just watched the video, Ms. K. They sure are a cute bunch of lads. :biggrin:
And I miss Straightcurious too. Hopefully we have not seen and heard the last of him. :001_unsure:

I just watched the video, Ms. K. They sure are a cute bunch of lads. :biggrin:
And I miss Straightcurious too. Hopefully we have not seen and heard the last of him. :001_unsure:
I'll share again a couple of my (our?) favorite pics of One Direction. :)

Attachments

• one-direction-harry-styles-and-liam-payne-crotch-grab.jpg
    one-direction-harry-styles-and-liam-payne-crotch-grab.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 20
  • one-direction-ass-grope-gay1.jpg
    one-direction-ass-grope-gay1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I hope Grace will like this one. :)

Grace loved it! Thank you Tampa :smile:

Here's a laugh for you...I usually listen to Broke Straight Boys wearing headphones but I though I'd listen to Sting headphone free...no moaning and groaning at Kodi-pitch to worry about. My husband who was outside heard it, liked it and we ended having a mini tug of war over my precious laptop. I have to admit he won, but only because I let him so my laptop didn't get torn in two.

Desert Rose is now safely on his ipod and he has returned my laptop...I'm going to ply him with copious amounts of good red wine later (it's Saturday here) and ask him what else he peeked at...

I'm so glad you liked it Grace! I assumed you would already be familiar with the song. Especially so since you like you like music with Arabic influences...as this one does have several verses sung in Arabic. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm thrilled to have been able to introduce a "new" song to both of you. I bought the College Dudes many years ago and the song really does something to me.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO. I haven't posted a song in a while. So I have never watched The Voice before, and I was forced to sit and watch a few episodes while on vacation with the peeps I was staying with. There was one performance that just blew me away! So I actually had to go buy in on iTunes. I NEVER DO THAT! I love it, it is a cover of Toxic by B.S. who I am not a fan of either! But this precious cupcake that does the cover is just so adorbs that I have fallen in love! This video is shit, but it's the only full length version that I could find on YTube. I dare you to not like it!!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO. I haven't posted a song in a while. So I have never watched The Voice before, and I was forced to sit and watch a few episodes while on vacation with the peeps I was staying with. There was one performance that just blew me away! So I actually had to go buy in on iTunes. I NEVER DO THAT! I love it, it is a cover of Toxic by B.S. who I am not a fan of either! But this precious cupcake that does the cover is just so adorbs that I have fallen in love! This video is shit, but it's the only full length version that I could find on YTube. I dare you to not like it!!

Ooooh that was good! I'm not familiar with the original but this singer really captured my attention way over and above the musical beat, which is relatively unusual with modern music/songs.

You're right, Miss D, the video was shit except the 'ass cream' van...LMAO!

The Beech Boys recorded a concert for the BBC this evening. I heard some of it on the radio later on and sounded good. Hopefully it will be online or on DVD soon. They still sound fabulous.