• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Check this one out... I know its a few years old already, but I just heard it for the first time in January. Its a mash-up of Blondie's Rapture and The Doors Riders on the Storm. I think both the song and the video are brilliant!
You're doing better than me, Rob, because this is the first time I've come across it...well worth the discovery, another potential mish-mash that just seems to mesh...
While I am a huge Doors fan, and a great admirer of Debbie Harry and Blondie, particularly the great Rapture, but I'm not sure that this worked for me, but I had never known that this video existed and I thank you Rob for that!

This has been showing on OZ TV lately, no doubt elsewhere as well...
Although my feelings about Julian Assange are ambivalent, for some reason everything about this clip haunts me...

Music really does have power...

You all know I love Jake Shears and the Scissor Sisters. But this song in particular really speaks to me. Always. You know that moment when someone just enters the realm of can't live with you, can't kill you, and you really wish you could express that to them, but you can't? It's not a feeling I have very often. Blessedly. But lately, it's on repeat in my head. Maybe it's my subconscious? haha!

Wish this was a real vid, but at least you get the full bene of the lyrics! :)

You know that moment when someone just enters the realm of can't live with you, can't kill you, and you really wish you could express that to them, but you can't? It's not a feeling I have very often. Blessedly.

I do know that feeling. haha You know the relationship has kind of run its course. And you know it's time to end it. But you'd like to pick and choose some of the benefits. As if we had the luxury of that choice. haha :001_rolleyes:

No offense to the original singer, Pat Benetar. But I just prefer JCM's interpretation of it. :) I saw him in concert once...many moons ago. lol

Dedicated to Ms. Kianna

While I was obsessed with his older half brother David, this one goes out to my favorite forumite Ms. K!

Thanks Mikey! That may have been the first album I ever had......but I was so little then I can't be sure. But I definitely remember a Shaun Cassidy t-shirt in first grade. Maybe he was my eras Justin Beiber? Or, maybe that means my mother had a thing for him?????

The Hardy Boy lunchpails were all over the schools at that time. haha As an adult I see another pun in referring to Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson as the "hardy" boys. lol Stevenson's onetime wife Kirstie Allie famously quipped about him in an award acceptance speech. On a huge stage and a tv audience she thanked her husband Parker for giving her the "Big One". :)
She told Barbara Walters later that she really meant the "Big One".

Attachments

• Tomb357.jpg
    Tomb357.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 23
  • CblogParker_hardy_boys.jpg
    CblogParker_hardy_boys.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Hardy5.jpg
    Hardy5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 49419_original.jpg
    49419_original.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 1463.jpg
    1463.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 20
I'm not much of a country fan at all. However... This one I like. haha

If Grace is looking for an oldie but goodie that she can shout to... This would be one. :)

If Grace is looking for an oldie but goodie that she can shout to... This would be one. :)

Actually, that song really does bring back memories. My first underage disco experience :biggrin: was at a place named The Knack , and yes, they did play My Sharona a lot...lol

This was really one of my favorite songs back in the day. I was interested in Aussie things after neighbors moved there. My first taste of Vegemite came soon after.

Actually, that song really does bring back memories. My first underage disco experience :biggrin: was at a place named The Knack , and yes, they did play My Sharona a lot...lol

We watched Super 8 recently and ended up surprised that we didn't own this song, yet. We do now! #2 son loves it!

We watched Super 8 recently and ended up surprised that we didn't own this song, yet. We do now! #2 son loves it!

I remember a DJ at one 'disco' refusing to play it again....I think he was fed up with hearing every night over and over and over...

Unfortunately, I think the band was a one hit wonder.

BTW...I actually met the band members of 'Men at Work', although I haven't a clue what I said to them...far too awe struck!

I left home when I was very young and I was living in a flat that was one of several, late one night after they'd been playing in town the band ended up in the flat next door. I try to keep the exact details of the encounter slightly fuzzy in my memory, because I have an awful feeling I met them with bed hair :shock: and wearing pajamas...:blushing:

Last edited:
I'm glad that if you were already aware of the song, that at least it's one that many of you like. haha :)

You have to listen to the lyrics. She tells wonderful quirky stories.

Someone mentioned The Tubes recently. It got me to thinking of one of my favorites of theirs. haha