• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

This 'oldie but a goodie' is especially for my Broke Straight Boys girlfriend besties...Beth, Lovelumps/Laura, Ms. K and Miss Deidra...just because I felt like it...

I would've liked to include some special boys, but I didn't want to embarrass anyone...you know being stuck with the girls and all...

The original...none of that crazy remix shit...oh my gosh...did I just say shit...that must be Beth's influence..lol :biggrin:

Thanks Grace! I just love Cyndi. I think Time After Time is my favorite, and soooooo many people have sung that one lately.

A slight detour from the usual music on this thread, but I found this tonight and thought you, Mike, might enjoy...

Such a sexy song. Unfortunately this version is far too short...
Thank you Grace. The original "The Girl From Ipanema" was a hit from the sixties by - Stan Getz & Astrid Gilberto.

Of course being the "pervy" guy I am and was back in 1964 as a 14 year old horny kid, the line that I always remember is when the situation is turned around

Tall and tan and young and handsome
The boy from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, each girl he passes goes ahah
When he walks, he's like a samba
He swings so cool and sways so gently
That when he passes, each girl he passes goes ahah

Here is a version by a female singing about that sexy boy on the beach:

A slight detour from the usual music on this thread, but I found this tonight and thought you, Mike, might enjoy...

s

Such a sexy song. Unfortunately this version is far too short...

I just love Frankie!

This 'oldie but a goodie' is especially for my Broke Straight Boys girlfriend besties...Beth, Lovelumps/Laura, Ms. K and Miss Deidra...just because I felt like it...

I would've liked to include some special boys, but I didn't want to embarrass anyone...you know being stuck with the girls and all...

The original...none of that crazy remix shit...oh my gosh...did I just say shit...that must be Beth's influence..lol :biggrin:

Thanks, Grace! That was the perfect anthem for my day yesterday. I went out on a shopping trip with my young girlies, they're all 22, work colleagues. We went to the hip record store and the alt clothing store where I bought a vinyl jacket, and ended at the tattoo shop where we all agreed to get something pierced, but I was the only one to go through with it! Did my nose! It was a great day!

Thank you Grace. The original "The Girl From Ipanema" was a hit from the sixties by - Stan Getz & Astrid Gilberto.

Of course being the "pervy" guy I am and was back in 1964 as a 14 year old horny kid, the line that I always remember is when the situation is turned around

Tall and tan and young and handsome
The boy from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, each girl he passes goes ahah
When he walks, he's like a samba
He swings so cool and sways so gently
That when he passes, each girl he passes goes ahah

Here is a version by a female singing about that sexy boy on the beach:

How'd you know I adore Julie London...

How'd you know I adore Julie London...
I guess it was serendipity as you sent me Frankie singing "Girl from Ipanema", and I found Julie London doing "Boy from Ipanema", and you love Julie London. It's all part of the ties that bind us forumites. :001_smile:

What an unusual combination this is, but it's good.

I had to listen to it a couple of times before I got feel for it, but you're right in a slightly left of center way it does work.

There's this hugely popular market (Salamanca Market) down south and every Saturday for years a beautifully exotic lady plays a huge harp along bongo drum player who obviously enjoys a hippy lifestyle....incredibly they're partners, and even more incredibly their music meshes like magic...

Gosh, I hope I haven't posted this before, but it came up in my playlist tonight and I just love love love this song.

And I love this artist because he reminds me so much of my favorite bands from the 80s.

Gosh, I hope I haven't posted this before, but it came up in my playlist tonight and I just love love love this song.

You can never go wrong with Alison Moyet! That voice does something to me I cant explain!

I'm very much not a music expert so take my observations lightly...

Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was the first song to be released accompanied by an official choreographed clip, which set an incredible precedent...

Now take a peek at one of my favorite songs and the clip that was usually presented with the song....very different songs, many years in between, but similar visuals with the moving facial shots.

If you're wondering what the point of my story is...nothing, just interesting...

Check this one out... I know its a few years old already, but I just heard it for the first time in January. Its a mash-up of Blondie's Rapture and The Doors Riders on the Storm. I think both the song and the video are brilliant!

Good effects on this one.

That was great! Although I must have watched this clip in the past, I've never taken notice of the ancient/traditional/modern dance comparisons as I did this time I watched it.....what ever else he may have been, Michael Jackson's musical and dance talents were amazing

Check this one out... I know its a few years old already, but I just heard it for the first time in January. Its a mash-up of Blondie's Rapture and The Doors Riders on the Storm. I think both the song and the video are brilliant!

You're doing better than me, Rob, because this is the first time I've come across it...well worth the discovery, another potential mish-mash that just seems to mesh...