• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

That’s an interesting question if NYC has changed significantly over the past 25 years. To me a native New Yorker who has lived here my whole life, I don’t see radical changes. But I suppose it has changed of course since 9-11 and during the Pandemic shut down in 2020-2021, Manhattan became a ghost town. But now there are more tourists than ever before and new building going up every day, so I guess it has changed but in my opinion mainly for the better!

Crazy! Thanks for sharing.

Here we are into Labor Day weekend 2024. These holidays, seasons and years seem to whiz by. In my neighborhood street parking has always been an issue with the limited garage spaces almost as expensive as monthly rent for many. I gladly gave up my car when I retired from full time working in 2016. But I still notice that on the long holiday weekends such as today are the only times that multiple street parkng spaces are open, as car owners leave town for the weekend.

Happy Labor Day weekend. :001_smile:

IMG_5414.jpeg
IMG_5415.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg

While it is still technically summer for another two plus weeks, it is the Tuesday after Labor Day and for all intents and purposes, it is the beginning of the fall season. The temperature this morning is 57 F and there is a cool breeze in the air. The leaves on trees are all still green but the change feels imminent. School does not begin in New York City until Thursday and then the streets will be crowded in the morning with parents walking their children to either the local schools or to the bus stops, but it is definitely starting to feel like fall in these parts.

Happy Pre-Autumn!!! :001_smile:

IMG_5420.jpeg
IMG_5422.jpeg

It's finally the end of the week. I am looking forward to watching the new Beetlejuice movie this weekend with the family. What does everyone else have planned?

It's finally the end of the week. I am looking forward to watching the new Beetlejuice movie this weekend with the family. What does everyone else have planned?
That is fabulous Chac. Family is everything. Enjoy the movie and the family time. :thumbup1:

This is a rest weekend for me. Being semi-retired I normally work two days a week, but for the past three weeks, I’ve been doing four day weeks to help out during my company’s busy season. Monday I am resuming my regular schedule, but I am currently reacquainting myself with my recliner. :wink:

Every morning for the past three months or more, my morning routine is to throw on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt as I go out to do my morning routine. Today as I stepped outside I was surprised that I was actually cold……well not really cold but there was a chill in the air. The temperature was 56 F as the changing of the season is happening. Today is the first NFL Sunday of the season, (Go Giants, lol). Time and life moves at a rapid pace and we need to get as much out of every day that we can. So says mikeyank, ancient philosopher. :wink:

IMG_5430.jpeg
IMG_5431.jpeg

Every morning for the past three months or more, my morning routine is to throw on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt as I go out to do my morning routine. Today as I stepped outside I was surprised that I was actually cold……well not really cold but there was a chill in the air. The temperature was 56 F as the changing of the season is happening. Today is the first NFL Sunday of the season, (Go Giants, lol). Time and life moves at a rapid pace and we need to get as much out of every day that we can. So says mikeyank, ancient philosopher. :wink:

View attachment 183212View attachment 183213

My nephew had a scrimmage today, I was freezing my ass of at the field LOL 🥶. Fall is definitely around the corner and I'm looking forward to hot mulled apple cider and pumpkin pie 😊

Last night I had dinner with friends in the neighborhood and took a walk on the Brooklyn Heights Promendade after dinner. With tomorrow being September 11, 2003, twenty three years after the attack on the WTC, they had the light beams shining in the footprint of where the towers stood, directly across from the Promenade here. I did not take pics last night, but it is identical to this one I took three years ago on the twentieth anniversary of the event that as my brother said, “changed everything”.

1725974382239.png

Today was a beautiful warm late summer day and I walked through Brooklyn Bridge Park. I’ve taken many pics and posted them on the forum, but today I was marveling how a once abandoned waterfront set of piers on a concrete strip has been transformed into a beautiful grass covered series of green spaces, trails and water on the same ground.

First is a picture I found online of the old piers, followed by the pics I took today.

IMG_2436.jpeg
IMG_5446.jpeg
IMG_5444.jpeg
IMG_5448.jpeg
IMG_5450.jpeg

The image I posted above of the piers along the Brooklyn waterfront before the park is small and not clear. In this pic, it is from long before I lived here, before I was born back in 1949 when the Promenade was first being built. But it does give a better idea of the waterfront piers on the left side. Today that is where Brooklyn Bridge Park has been created. A pretty stark transformation from a concrete shipyard to a man made beautiful green space. :001_smile:

IMG_2437.jpeg