• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

Why is it called Dumbo? Was the elephant named after it?

I'm not too taken with that haircut common among young men. That sweeping forward look. It makes a lot of the lads look very similar.

Why is it called Dumbo? Was the elephant named after it?

I'm not too taken with that haircut common among young men. That sweeping forward look. It makes a lot of the lads look very similar.
A) DUMBO is an anacronym for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass. New York City has a ton of neighborhoods named similarly. It may have started with SOHO, (South of Houston Street), Tribeca, (Triangle Below Canal Street), and it goes on and on…..

B) I love the haircut common among young men because to me it emphasizes their youth. It was similar back when I was their age, (in prehistoric times, lol). Yes it is tribalism but I like that guys “coming of age” like to put a stamp on their generation. Even back when we all had long hair and sideburns and wore bell bottoms, etc. etc. it was kind of ironic that we wanted to state our individualism from mainstream society by being “different”….yet we all looked the same. And I would think it was similar in the 1950’s, 1940,s, and so on and so forth. The more things change the more they stay the same.

IMG_2501.jpeg
IMG_2504.jpeg
IMG_2503.jpeg

As a side note, I always love when you post Treb, because you have your own way of looking at things and I never know exactly what you are going to say, whereas I am terribly predictable, lol Please keep posting whenever you can Treb. :thumbup1: