• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

Today has been the warmest day yet of 2024 in New York City. I started in Brooklyn Bridge Park and later was up on top overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Pretty day in New York City.

IMG_4632.jpeg
IMG_4633.jpeg
IMG_4634.jpeg
IMG_4636.jpeg

'Twas quite the warm day. Lots of youth lazing about on the greenery on campus. Five sockless sandal-wearers, so still super strange to me. But lots of lads in shorts!

Today was another pleasant day here, although not as warm as Thursday being a weekend there were many more folks outside today, as I again enjoyed exploring Brooklyn Bridge Park.

IMG_4645.jpeg
IMG_4641.jpeg
IMG_4650.jpeg
IMG_4651.jpeg
IMG_4654.jpeg

People usually make New Year’s Resolutions in January, but I am trying to start one as Spring begins. I am going to try to walk at least three times a week. I was watching a YouTube video which lead to five more, expounding on the virtues of walking every day and the benefits for almost all of the organs on the body just by walking. I am working two days a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays and when I checked my phone yesterday, I realized that I get quite a few steps in walking to the subway and to the office and then walking around the warehouse checking things out during the day. So two days of walking involving work and three more on non-work days would be a good start or me.

After some warm days last week, today was twenty degrees colder and windy but I bundled up and walked close to three miles, and it is hilly in my neighborhood. I took the street to near the Brooklyn Bridge and then across the park and back up the hill to Brooklyn Heights streets.

It was pretty quiet today as it is a weekday and it wasn’t ideal weather, but there are always tourists and locals walking, running and bicycling about. I am terrible about sticking to healthy resolutions but I’m going to give it a try. And besides the people I saw quite a few ducks or geese, (I’m not sure which they are), but it was a nice day to walk and take a few pics.

IMG_4658.jpeg
IMG_4656.jpeg
IMG_4662.jpeg
IMG_4666.jpeg
IMG_4665.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg

And while the trees are still mostly bare I did see some yellow flowers, (I don’t know their names as I’m not a botanist either :001_rolleyes: ), one group down in the park and then different ones up on the street back in the Heights.

IMG_4664.jpeg
IMG_4663.jpeg
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4670.jpeg

And while the trees are still mostly bare I did see some yellow flowers, (I don’t know their names as I’m not a botanist either :001_rolleyes: ), one group down in the park and then different ones up on the street back in the Heights.

View attachment 182427View attachment 182428View attachment 182429View attachment 182430

I believe these are forsythia... I could be wrong but my Mom loved the one outside her bedroom window.

And you spotted Canada geese in the first few pics (I don't really like them, they crap all over the place and the males can be aggressive sometimes when around females) and maybe ducks in the last (can't tell if they are mallards it's a bit blurry). I love the pics as usual 😊

I myself was on journey and spent time on a boat going to Nantucket today. First time I have been there (was a work trip). It's a beautiful island and very old time ish. I can't wait to go back.

I believe these are forsythia... I could be wrong but my Mom loved the one outside her bedroom window.

And you spotted Canada geese in the first few pics (I don't really like them, they crap all over the place and the males can be aggressive sometimes when around females) and maybe ducks in the last (can't tell if they are mallards it's a bit blurry). I love the pics as usual 😊

I myself was on journey and spent time on a boat going to Nantucket today. First time I have been there (was a work trip). It's a beautiful island and very old time ish. I can't wait to go back.
Thanks Chac for your expertise identifying the early blooming flowers, the inhabitants of the water and if they were Canadian geese, they’re noisy mother fuckers. lol . It was quiet in the park with just a few folks walking about and as I approached the water, I thought I heard people but the geese were squalking And I’m pleased that you enjoyed my amateur photography.

That’s cool that you went to Nantucket today. I watched a YouTube video on that island and it’s history. It was a place where the Whaling ships were based and I learned that whales were the main source of oil to fuel lanterns as I recall. And there are some beautiful historic homes there too, from that documentary. Very cool

And finally hearing the name Nantucket makes me thing if a song by a group called Mountain. I know you enjoy live performances Chac, so please watch and listen to Nantucket Sleigh ride. Cool song. :thumbup1:

I completed my abbreviated two day work week yesterday and was planning to comply with my new Spring Resolution of walking for an hour today. However this second day of Spring feels more like winter. This morning was 31 Farranheit with a wind chill making it considerably colder. It is pretty outside but I am postponing my walking for a more seasonable day. :001_smile:

IMG_4671.jpeg

I completed my abbreviated two day work week yesterday and was planning to comply with my new Spring Resolution of walking for an hour today. However this second day of Spring feels more like winter. This morning was 31 Farranheit with a wind chill making it considerably colder. It is pretty outside but I am postponing my walking for a more seasonable day. :001_smile:

View attachment 182441

Slacker! 🤣. Ahahaha. Just kidding 😃. I woke up this morning teeth chattering because I left the bedroom window cracked open, it was quite nippy and I decided to remote start the car to warm it up. These bones don't like cold anymore LOL

It was cold again this morning but it warmed up to 40 in the afternoon and I got a good walk in at Brooklyn Bridge Park. The fields are mostly bare but a few signs of flowers starting to blossom, but I’d think he freezing temperatures are not good for spring flowers. :ohmy:

Give it another few weeks and the soccer field will be full and the boaters will be using the dock.

IMG_4679.jpeg
IMG_4675.jpeg
IMG_4673.jpeg
IMG_4674.jpeg

It was cold again this morning but it warmed up to 40 in the afternoon and I got a good walk in at Brooklyn Bridge Park. The fields are mostly bare but a few signs of flowers starting to blossom, but I’d think he freezing temperatures are not good for spring flowers. :ohmy:

Give it another few weeks and the soccer field will be full and the boaters will be using the dock.

View attachment 182460View attachment 182461View attachment 182462View attachment 182463

Mmm yes, soccer fields filled with hot college jocks shirtless with sweat dripping down their slightly hairy chests, being wicked away by the gentle breeze. 🥵🥵

Can you tell I'm horny as fuck right now 🤣🤣

I had a great walk today. The YouTube videos I’ve been watching for the last week say that even a thirty minute walk at a moderate pace is really good for you. I walked for close to two hours on a chilly but sunny day today. I thought I’d avoid the park right along the East River where I usually walk, so I just walked but found myself in DUMBO, (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass). It is a huge tourist spot today.

There is a pizza war where Grimaldi’s was the place to go with the original brick oven pizza. But a family dispute happened and they moved next door and but the original location calls themselves Juliana’s but with a sign that they have the original Grimaldi brick oven. I don’t understand it all but tourists line up for both. I buy my pizza in a small shop by the slice. But here are my pics from today of the competing establishments and the lines to get in. And today was a chilly non season day.

IMG_4683.jpeg
IMG_4682.jpeg

IMG_4684.jpeg
IMG_4685.jpeg

Then I walked a few more blocks to Washington Street where the tourists take the “iconic instagram photos” in the oval of the Manhattan Bridge where the angle makes it look like the Empire State Building is in the oval. A pic of the iconic shot and the folks taking selfies and pics of fellow tourists.

IMG_4686.jpeg
IMG_4690.jpeg
IMG_4689.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg

And then a little further onto the pebble beach with the tourists getting shots of the bridges, the lower Manhattan sights across the river, and I wound up taking some shots myself of some of the more attractive guys doing the tourist thing. :biggrin:

IMG_4697.jpeg
IMG_4695.jpeg
IMG_4700.jpeg
IMG_4699.jpeg
IMG_4698.jpeg

It was family game night for me, playing card games and shooting the shit with the family. I made some dips, but couldn't eat a lot. I'm having issues getting one of my medicines due to the demand (the big craze for the GLP1's that are all over the news and tic-tok). I'm a diabetic and this is a lifesaving medication for me, and the people that just want to lose 10-20 lbs to look good on their next vacation are gobbling up the supply. 🤬. It's actually much more complex but yeah, HUGE demand for this medication and I can see why, it works. If you haven't seen Oprah's special on it, it is worth a watch.

I've resorted to taking half my dose so I can keep just some of it in my system (I have a small reserve, but it will only last me a month and change at half doses). I'm back to not being able to eat and having burps. God it feels like Satan is farting out of my stomach sometimes 🤣 (look it up, it's a thing LOL)

But other than that, I'm good. Hope everyone's upcoming week is great!