• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Computer Stuff

Do any of you guys know what it means when your are watching a website, e.g., Broke Straight Boys, and in the lower right-hand portion of the screen a message appears from Norton that says something like, "High CPU Usage"?

It means that the central processing unit (CPU) is working hard - possibly running too many programmes at once. Hidden programmes such as Norton are sometimes the cause of this but it's better than getting viruses.

It means that the central processing unit (CPU) is working hard - possibly running too many programmes at once. Hidden programmes such as Norton are sometimes the cause of this but it's better than getting viruses.

Norton can be pretty sensitive and raise concerns where there is none. If I was running Norton and that came up, I would find it annoying......what is one to do, replace the processor? I mean really. If the thing is running slow, I will know it, dont need to tell me. lol.

Some things are processor intensive, most things not. Running big database querries, encoding/editing video, converting media, those are, and I dont need nanny Norton to tell me my computer is working. (RANT!) Rarely will it have anything to do with viewing a website....streaming a video has more to do with bandwidth than processor. Its most likely some program or process running on your PC, and even so, its Norton getting involved in something unrelated to virus protection and trying to make itself useful by warning you that your computer is thinking. (HEAVEN FORBID!) I personally think its a joke. My parents have it and its constantly warning them of things that are no cause of concern. But they say "Norton said.." and I just tell them I ripped that sucker out long time ago. haha (Not a fan of norton) Bla.

Short answer. Scan for viruses and get rid of them if you catch one. High CPU you can pretty much ignore.