• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

10 random facts about you.

Government work is a definite possibility. I figure that as I take classes, I'll get a better idea of what's out there and narrow it down from there.

Also, I googled this "chilango margarita" and... Oh my. I'll have to give that a try. The best drink I've ever had was at Melt in Cleveland. It was this concoction with grapefruit and vodka and something else... but it had crushed basil in it. It was amazing. I tried to recreate it at home and failed.

I just googled Melt and the grilled cheese menu has me drooling! That cocktail isn't on their menu.... It requires further research....

I thought you knew how to make all the yummy drinks?:scared:

I know how to make many, many yummy drinks... Actually, I collect cocktail books and shakers and glasses and pitchers. However, that one hasn't hit my radar until today... I love a good cock-tail mystery :wink:

Don't let her try and fool ya into thinking she isn't quite mixer! :-D

Don't let her try and fool ya into thinking she isn't quite the mixer! (aka, the 'mix-ah-logist', LOL) :-D :scared:

OMG... I once had a friend introduce me as a master... cocktologist!!! Can you believe it! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Grapefruit Basil Yumminess...

Hey awill24... I was looking for some recipes and found these three... Do any of these sound like what you had at Melt???

xanadu cocktail: basil and grapefruit Grove Park Inn
2 basil leaves
1/2 grapefruit, juiced
1 1/2 ounce Hendricks Gin
1/4 ounce simple syrup
club soda
1 thin slice grapefruit
In a rocks glass, muddle 1 basil leaf with symple syrup. Fill the glass with ice. Add fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and gin. Stir and top with club soda. Garnish with basil leaf and sliced grapefruit.

Grapefruit Basil Martini
• 2 ounces vodka
• 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
• 1 -2 teaspoon simple syrup (equal parts of sugar and water)
• 2 -3 basil leaves
Directions:
1. 1 Muddle a couple of the basil leaves with the simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass or shaker.
2. 2 add the other ingredients, plus ice.
3. 3 Shake until very cold and pour into a martini glass.
4. 4 Place a nice-looking leaf in the drink.

http://www.shezoom.com/video/2085

Hey awill24... I was looking for some recipes and found these three... Do any of these sound like what you had at Melt???

xanadu cocktail: basil and grapefruit Grove Park Inn
2 basil leaves
1/2 grapefruit, juiced
1 1/2 ounce Hendricks Gin
1/4 ounce simple syrup
club soda
1 thin slice grapefruit
In a rocks glass, muddle 1 basil leaf with symple syrup. Fill the glass with ice. Add fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and gin. Stir and top with club soda. Garnish with basil leaf and sliced grapefruit.

Grapefruit Basil Martini
• 2 ounces vodka
• 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
• 1 -2 teaspoon simple syrup (equal parts of sugar and water)
• 2 -3 basil leaves
Directions:
1. 1 Muddle a couple of the basil leaves with the simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass or shaker.
2. 2 add the other ingredients, plus ice.
3. 3 Shake until very cold and pour into a martini glass.
4. 4 Place a nice-looking leaf in the drink.

http://www.shezoom.com/video/2085

Wow. You've done your research! The drink was a special the day we were there... Figures.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's closest to the second recipe there. The only thing that I think must be different is the amount of grapefruit juice because it was just a hint of grapefruit - not strong at all. Not sure if there was another mixer in there to calm it down or what...

Ok, 10 random things about me.

1. I'm American, but my heritage is European mutt. A joke amongst my family and friends is I'm a Commie Nazi Jew. I can trace ancestors to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Germany, Poland, Hungary, the former Czechoslovakia, and Scotland. The town I was born in was heavily "slavic". Nearly everyone's last name ended in -ski, -sky, -ich or -ick.

2. I first had sex with a guy at 13 (my best friend), and a girl at 16 (wanted to see what the guys were raving about.) I came out as bi at 15 and gay at 19, 1 month before I was to be married. Needless to say she was not too happy. But we are great friends to this day.

3. I recently quit smoking cigarettes by switching to an ecig.

4. I've been single and celibate since May of 2006 by choice. Last ex did me over pretty bad and it wasn't till the last year that I felt ready to try dating again.

5. I'm hopelessly in love with my bisexual best friend. He has a GF and is 11 years my junior.

6. I use and support legalizing medical marijuana. I was born a day late... 4/21

7. I love football and hockey. Go Bills, Ravens, Eagles, and Flyers. and Cindy Crosby is a crybaby bitch.

8. If I ever won Powerball or MegaMillions for a BIG amount, I would buy a tropical island, build a house and farm on it, and say screw you to civilization, minus my friends/family who might want to come live or visit.

9. Despite becoming bitter and a bit jaded over the years, I'm still a hopeless romantic and believe my soulmate is out there somewhere.

10. I'm an excellent chef and potions master(mixologist), although I've had no formal training in either, unless you count the food network and bartending for 2 years at an Applebees.

Lasher, your 10 Randoms are great. You are such an interesting person, you will fit iin so well, with our little disfunctional family.

Congratulations on quiting smoking.

I hope some of our other new posters will post their 10 Random's as well.:thumbup1:

Ok, 10 random things about me.

1. I'm American, but my heritage is European mutt. A joke amongst my family and friends is I'm a Commie Nazi Jew. I can trace ancestors to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Germany, Poland, Hungary, the former Czechoslovakia, and Scotland. The town I was born in was heavily "slavic". Nearly everyone's last name ended in -ski, -sky, -ich or -ick.

2. I first had sex with a guy at 13 (my best friend), and a girl at 16 (wanted to see what the guys were raving about.) I came out as bi at 15 and gay at 19, 1 month before I was to be married. Needless to say she was not too happy. But we are great friends to this day.

3. I recently quit smoking cigarettes by switching to an ecig.

4. I've been single and celibate since May of 2006 by choice. Last ex did me over pretty bad and it wasn't till the last year that I felt ready to try dating again.

5. I'm hopelessly in love with my bisexual best friend. He has a GF and is 11 years my junior.

6. I use and support legalizing medical marijuana. I was born a day late... 4/21

7. I love football and hockey. Go Bills, Ravens, Eagles, and Flyers. and Cindy Crosby is a crybaby bitch.

8. If I ever won Powerball or MegaMillions for a BIG amount, I would buy a tropical island, build a house and farm on it, and say screw you to civilization, minus my friends/family who might want to come live or visit.

9. Despite becoming bitter and a bit jaded over the years, I'm still a hopeless romantic and believe my soulmate is out there somewhere.

10. I'm an excellent chef and potions master(mixologist), although I've had no formal training in either, unless you count the food network and bartending for 2 years at an Applebees.

my boyfriend is actually czeck (however the hell you spell it!) and his last name ends in a -sky and before him i was celibate! but i cant agree with you calling Crosby and crybaby bitch, we gon have to fight. you dont talk about our captain that way! your number 9 sounds a lot like me and david actually, we are both quite jaded and have been screwed over (him more-so, damn that man is tough). i am also self taught in the art of cooking (throw a bunch of shit together in a pan and hope for the best!). fun fact for you, mike was heavily into marijuana legalization, you should find his thread about it (if you find his name under my friends list, you can see the threads he started under the statistics tab). i am proud to say im going green, but have quit for the moment so i can find better employment....sad. well i loved your 10 things! love to chat with you sometime.

I couldnt've summed it up any better!:thumbup1:

my boyfriend is actually czeck (however the hell you spell it!) and his last name ends in a -sky and before him i was celibate! but i cant agree with you calling Crosby and crybaby bitch, we gon have to fight. you dont talk about our captain that way! your number 9 sounds a lot like me and david actually, we are both quite jaded and have been screwed over (him more-so, damn that man is tough). i am also self taught in the art of cooking (throw a bunch of shit together in a pan and hope for the best!). fun fact for you, mike was heavily into marijuana legalization, you should find his thread about it (if you find his name under my friends list, you can see the threads he started under the statistics tab). i am proud to say im going green, but have quit for the moment so i can find better employment....sad. well i loved your 10 things! love to chat with you sometime.

1) I love Chinese Food
2) I like to dance
3) I went to 9 different school growing up
4) I have 2 tattoos
5) I've been in 8 car accidents, totaling 3 vehicles and has been the passenger in a 4th.
6) I truly believe I will win the lottery one day
7) I've lived in 3 different states, and moving to Florida in 3 weeks.
8) I hate wasting time, waiting on people, and being late.
9) I can keep a secret
10) I have had sex with 7 girls and fooled around with 15 guys, all of which were straight.

an updated 10 random facts:

1. i am planning on getting a tattoo of a phoenix on my hip
2. i lose track of time running along the west side highway
3. i met my twin sister from another mister on these forums
4. i had to cut my hair for work and i miss it
5. i am more stubborn than anyone you could hope to meet
6. if i were to move anywhere, it would be california
7. i have major ocd
8. when i cook dinner, i give my boyfriend diarrhea
9. i am an american idol freak!
10. i'm engaged.

Well intentioned advice...

an updated 10 random facts:

1. i am planning on getting a tattoo of a phoenix on my hip
2. i lose track of time running along the west side highway
3. i met my twin sister from another mister on these forums
4. i had to cut my hair for work and i miss it
5. i am more stubborn than anyone you could hope to meet
6. if i were to move anywhere, it would be california
7. i have major ocd
8. when i cook dinner, i give my boyfriend diarrhea
9. i am an american idol freak!
10. i'm engaged.

Dear Zyl84,

I want to offer my congratulations to you and your partner on your engagement.:thumbup::thumbup: It makes me very happy for you as you are a special person as is your loving partner in real life. God Bless you both!

However, my well intentioned advice to you based on your 10 random facts is for you to stick with Americal Idol and let him do the cooking! :lol:

Sincerely,

Stimpy