• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

10 random facts about you.

sounds like nurse87 is a blend of MsK, MsDeidra, Lovelumps, ...
no supreme favorites, just love for the 'cream' of the crop ;)

It's amazing how many teens nowadays have never seen the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... (although to their credit they do enjoy the 60s70s80s music)

I'm sure Nurse87 has her patient ward 'whipped' into shape. Set the boundaries and they'll be fine.

btw, have you checked out any of the bonus sites?

Oh Yes! I remember those days in the Ward!

Our patients are expected to shower themselves....so it may seem odd if I suddenly wanted to help. Although I'm sure the side effects of such interactions would be much more pleasant than most psych drugs.:thumbup1:

As for which videos to show them, I completely agree with Diesal/Jimmie. I'm providing the goods, why not use something I love :w00t: I'll be sure to have restraints at the ready, just in case euphoria reaches a manic level and they need to be restrained for everyone else's sanity.

The Diesal/Jimmie videos are by far my favorite. I also love Zakk, Shane, Austin & Jase to name a few. Oh, and Diesal

It's amazing how many teens nowadays have never seen the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... (although to their credit they do enjoy the 60s70s80s music)

I'm sure Nurse87 has her patient ward 'whipped' into shape. Set the boundaries and they'll be fine.

Dearest nurse87 and kaalaaupuni,

To begin with, I have truly taken all my meds, you wanta see? Here Look! Please don't take any of the following personally.

I am so much a fan of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", as it was a ground breaking movie about the abuses in mental health facilities. I have to wonder, nurse87, how you arrived at an avatar associated with a picture of one of the most "hated" female characters in movie history. Even the Republican's hateful depiction of Hillary Clinton didn't come close to the extreme hatred this cinematic character has engendered. She is synoymous with cruel adherence to such past Psychiatric practices as the widely abused "shock therapy treatments" and, even worse, having your brain scrambled via a short procedure called a "lobotomy" as depicted below.

As the character "Nurse Ratched" was a person to be feared in her cool dismissal of her patients and her sadistic thrill seeking retalitatory and cruel treatments on her patients.

I can only believe you are anything but the villain as horrifically depicted in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". To have chosen this particular avatar, you must undeniably be made of strong character. However, should you ever see me on your ward, I am the "compliant and submissive one".

Dear Kaalaapuni,

I share in your concern over movie greats. In answer to your question, "It's amazing how many teens nowadays have never seen the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"... (although to their credit they do enjoy the 60s70s80s music)" Unfortunately, they are into things that "have a good beat and are easy to dance to". They are missing so much of what made American movie history so very great. But with their I-phones, video games, reality shows, and partying, what on earth can compete and, besides, they haven't the time, sadly.

Sincerely,

Stimpy (as in the SS Stimpy currently under repair)

Attachments

• lobotomy.jpg
    lobotomy.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 26
  • lobotomy 2.jpg
    lobotomy 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 22
Dearest nurse87 and kaalaaupuni,

To begin with, I have truly taken all my meds, you wanta see? Here Look! Please don't take any of the following personally.

I am so much a fan of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", as it was a ground breaking movie about the abuses in mental health facilities. I have to wonder, nurse87, how you arrived at an avatar associated with a picture of one of the most "hated" female characters in movie history. Even the Republican's hateful depiction of Hillary Clinton didn't come close to the extreme hatred this cinematic character has engendered. She is synoymous with cruel adherence to such past Psychiatric practices as the widely abused "shock therapy treatments" and, even worse, having your brain scrambled via a short procedure called a "lobotomy" as depicted below.

As the character "Nurse Ratched" was a person to be feared in her cool dismissal of her patients and her sadistic thrill seeking retalitatory and cruel treatments on her patients.

I can only believe you are anything but the villain as horrifically depicted in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". To have chosen this particular avatar, you must undeniably be made of strong character. However, should you ever see me on your ward, I am the "compliant and submissive one".
Yesterday Kaalaaupuni called her the nice version of Nurse Ratchet, and she said a patient called her that, hence the avatar.:001_smile:

What up nurse87! Nice to see another lady on the forum and one that loves my future ex-husband Diesal is always good in my book! ;-)

I must admit that I didn't see the movie until I started working on psych and a co-worker brought it in to watch one nightshift, so I'm sorry to say I was one of those teens :blush: But I do enjoy good music so point for me! I do my best to "whip" everyone into shape....maybe more appropriate in my personal life than professional life?:lol:
I have checked out some bonus sites. I actually found Broke Straight Boys through College Boy Physicals. I have a hard time with some of the College Boy Physicals movies though, I find myself critiqueing their medical technique, which I know is so not the point, but as a nurse I guess it just comes naturally. I usually have to fast forward through the beginnings of the scenes, but once I get past that I enjoy quite a few of them.

Kaalaaupuni called her the nice version of Nurse Ratchet, and she said a patient called her that, hence the avatar.:001_smile:

What she said! I by no means think nurses should be so cold. However, I did find humor in the fact that 2 people in 1 day called me that. I really don't take people's comments too seriously, I get called more names in the run of a day than I did my whole life before starting work. Nature of the beast I suppose. I have to be able to laugh at myself and things around me....otherwise I may end up the patient instead of the nurse:scared:

Hello and welcome Nurse87 from another RN

I have checked out some bonus sites. I actually found Broke Straight Boys through College Boy Physicals. I have a hard time with some of the College Boy Physicals movies though, I find myself critiqueing their medical technique, which I know is so not the point, but as a nurse I guess it just comes naturally. I usually have to fast forward through the beginnings of the scenes, but once I get past that I enjoy quite a few of them.

How very funny as this was the same way I found Broke Straight Boys! I too am a female RN, but I have spent the vast majority of my years (20+) in SICU recovering Open Heart patients. I always "have to bite my tongue" when I see the medical techniques, especially taking a BP as it is obvious the cuff is not being inflated 90% of the time. Oh well...

Once again welcome.

Best regards,

Chris

How very funny as this was the same way I found Broke Straight Boys! I too am a female RN, but I have spent the vast majority of my years (20+) in SICU recovering Open Heart patients. I always "have to bite my tongue" when I see the medical techniques, especially taking a BP as it is obvious the cuff is not being inflated 90% of the time. Oh well...

Once again welcome.

Best regards,

Chris

Hi Chris.. These guys are only playing a part and they do their best. I love the "foreplay" in College Boy Physicals scenes and I too realise that the docs don't do things by the book - but that's because they're not real docs lol.

A big high 5 to all you people in the medical profession by the way. You do a great job as do all members of the emergency services.

Quite a sad thing happened here in my town last Sunday. I had just taken my dog out and sat on the veranda - yes in the cold - with a cup of tea and all of a sudden this helicopter flew very low over my mums house. It was from the Air Ambulance service, which is run by charity donations. I heard later on that the helicopter landed on a nearby football (soccer) playing field where an amateur sunday soccer game was being played. One of the players had got injured and luckily a trained medic was at hand to diagnose a possible broken neck, so he called in the helicopter service. The medic was dead right, the guy had broken his neck in 2 places.

Suuuuuuuuure. But the question is, do you want him when I all done with him? :tongue_smilie:

Hmmm...hadn't thought about that. But I think he's worth it :001_tt2:

Once again welcome.

Best regards,

Chris

Thanks for the welcome! Happy I'm not the only one who feels this way about College Boy Physicals! :lol:

I gave this another bump. We have had a lot of new members recently, and we'd love to get to know them.:thumbup:

Okay, so I think I'm ready to start posting after lurking for a bit. I signed up for a trial membership and, in deciding whether or not to stick around, the message boards greatly influenced my decision. It seems like a great community with a lot of awesome people.

1. I love to dance and I love music. I spend much of my day dancing like a fool in my kitchen.
2. I love foreign languages. I speak some French and I'm working on German. I'd love to learn others, including Italian and Arabic.
3. I am a full-time college student and I work retail.
4. I have 3 cats. Not a fan of dogs.
5. Margaritas are my favorite.
6. I'm a knitter. I go to a knitting group once a week and they're just about as dirty there as you guys are on here.
7. I like books/movies that deal with tragedies, like 9/11 and WWII.
8. I'm very close to my family and after witnessing the dramatics of some other families, I'm very grateful for them.
9. I have a goal to visit all 50 states in my lifetime and am currently at 22.
10. I don't eat any seafood or pork products. I have convinced myself that I was Jewish in a past life.

Oh, and my name is Alison. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome Alison!!! Nice to have another girl in the house:) I was a French major in college. I drank too many margaritas last night and have a killer headache today;)

Don't let my avatar fool you... I'm Laura.

Welcome Alison. I agree with you on margaritas, and this is a great little community.:001_wub:

What are you majoring in?

Thanks for the welcome, ladies!

I am transferring after this semester and will then be an International Studies major. Not really sure what I'll be doing with that degree, but I'll figure it out eventually. :)

And they come in so many yummy flavors! There is a little place here, that makes the best berry margaritas.

I imagine International Studies would be a great area of study for a government agent. CIA, FBI,............

And they come in so many yummy flavors! There is a little place here, that makes the best berry margaritas.

There is a place in Austin that I frequent when I'm down south called El Chile that makes the best margaritas... their food is fab, too. But their chilango margaritas are to die for... spicy and limey. And they make wonderful prickly pear margaritas, too. I think it's time for an Austin trip.... Spring Break, maybe???

I imagine International Studies would be a great area of study for a government agent. CIA, FBI,............

Government work is a definite possibility. I figure that as I take classes, I'll get a better idea of what's out there and narrow it down from there.

Also, I googled this "chilango margarita" and... Oh my. I'll have to give that a try. The best drink I've ever had was at Melt in Cleveland. It was this concoction with grapefruit and vodka and something else... but it had crushed basil in it. It was amazing. I tried to recreate it at home and failed.