• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The Virtual Coffee Shop, Diner And Corner Pub

That's really cool. The war has become part legend and part myth. Such as in Virgil's "Aeneid". But regardless of how exaggerated or how much historical revision has changed it over the centuries... It really was an actual war that was fought. Reading it in the original Latin in my high school Latin class, I could hardly believe there was ever a woman so beautiful that in speaking of her (Helen of Troy) that it was truly said that, "She had a face that could launch a thousand ships."

I always thought that was such an exaggeration and rather dubious that one woman's beauty could be so great as to really ignite a great and gruesome war over the attainment of said woman. That is until Princess Diana got through her post-pubescent look and hit her real prime after her marriage. Then I got it that that was possible. For me as a gay man, I believe Princess Diana had a face that (in an earlier time period) could have launched a thousand ships.

Happy Mischief's eve or would you prefer a bit of Devil for tonight's brew?:devil:

You know all those cliches the oldsters use to say when we were young. Sadly, they were true. It took a wise youngster to realize they were indeed true.

Although I’ve lived in New York City my entire life, (except for living upstate for four years during college), but I’ve never been a big Broadway show guy. In fact when former forumite Rep came to New York City and took me to the revival of” Boys in The Band”, a few years ago, it was the first Broadway show I had seen in many, many years.

But I am trying to correct that, and today I am going with family members in town for Thanksgiving weekend to a matinee performance of the Broadway version of the 2000 Cameron Crow semi-autobiographical film “Almost Famous”. Here is a clip from Jimmy Fallon of the cast performing Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer”.

And this is the kid, Casey Likes who plays the role of the Cameron Crowe character. I will provide a review tonight when I return home. I am becoming the “Rex Reed” of Broke Straight Boys forum. :wink: LOL

4D9DABB2-E91C-4745-AEAE-51AEACF98ADC.jpeg

Mike "pic"?. I recall you admonished me for using abbreviations in the past And you may notice I have tried not to use them since with you in mind. :)

One more pic of Casey Likes.

View attachment 105197

The show was a lot of fun and Casey was the best player in the show in my opinion. He took the last curtain call and sang and danced his heart out. He even had a shirtless scene where he lost his virginity to three (female) groupies. Lol.

But it was an entertaining show and a fun afternoon.

By the way, as I was walking from the subway to the theatre I was once again thinking about all the people who said New York City was finished during the height of the pandemic, Ha to them! 😆

DCA446FD-4D97-4020-870D-F881E47AD3DF.jpeg
D4CF3F58-76E2-49A4-99CF-545CD900D387.jpeg
F576D03D-904D-4877-9068-6AFE23CC6EFB.jpeg
8F93BEC9-DE34-4747-AA1D-97B5D5C6E79A.jpeg

Winter can be referred to as the season of sleep & therefore renewal.

Winter can be referred to as the season of sleep & therefore renewal.

Actually to me, all the hustle and bustle in the streets was like an awakening. It is energizing for me to be among the happy, joyous people taking in the sights and sounds of the holiday season in Manhattan. I’ve already made plans to spend more time in Manhattan over the next several weeks.