• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Star Trek Phase II

rifle

Reaction score
Finally, the second half of Blood and Fire is available for download. I've been waiting for a year for part two. I do think Kirk's nephew Peter and his husband Freeman are a smashing couple.

Attachments

• pTHMB_Poster_BAF_Hayes2.jpg
    pTHMB_Poster_BAF_Hayes2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 103
Sorry, I realized I posted it to the wrong location, but we no longer have the power to move it.

It's a shame Rodenberry's legacy kept the future straight for so many years...

YAY!

I've been looking forward to this for a year. I've also kept checking Youtube about every 2 months or so to see if part II was released yet. Thanks for the heads up Rifle.

You need to go to the Phase II site. All the current episodes through part II are ready for download. Don't get your hopes too high for II. The screenplay is not as good, nor is the acting.

It's a shame Rodenberry's legacy kept the future straight for so many years...

I wouldn't blame Rodenberry, he said there would be gay characters but after he died Berman ect decided against it. And the thing is Sci Fi and Fantasy literature is full of gay and lesbian characters.

Yes, you're right. The Blood and Fire script was written for the original series and was never filmed. It sat around until the Phase II series started.

Some of my favorite sci-fi is gay oriented and while I am not a fantasy reader, I am very aware of how prominent gay characters are there. Marion Zimmer Bradley, who wrote some of the best fantasy ever, also wrote some of the best gay fiction going, did you ever read "The Catch Trap." It's the best gay love story I ever read, set in a circus, and when I was a younger man made me long for that strong, equal partner. I don't know how many times I've gone back and read it. It took "Front Runner" the step forward it needed. Isn't it strange, in the 60's, 70's - the best gay romance was written by women: Bradley, Mary Rennault (Persian Boy, The Charioteer, Mask of Apollo), and Patricia Nell Warren (Front Runner, Harlan's Race, Billy's Boy). Men were writing that wonderful gay detective fiction: Joseph Hansen (David Bandstetter novels), George Baxt (Pharoah Love novels). It seems so strange now with over a hundred truly brilliant gay writers in all genres who publish material that crosses over into every demographic. If I could write a short story like David Leavitt or poetry like Paul Monette or sharp, witty humor laced with time and place like Armistead Maupin or history like Martin Duberman or mystery like Nava or Zubro or fiction like Picano or Rechy or Mordden - well you get the idea - I wouldn't have to read so much.

Some of my favorite sci-fi is gay oriented and while I am not a fantasy reader, I am very aware of how prominent gay characters are there. Marion Zimmer Bradley, who wrote some of the best fantasy ever, also wrote some of the best gay fiction going, did you ever read "The Catch Trap." It's the best gay love story I ever read, set in a circus, and when I was a younger man made me long for that strong, equal partner. I don't know how many times I've gone back and read it.

Rifle - Thanks for the post. 20+ years ago when Susie and I first got together, she introduced me to the Darkover series. First book I read was Haritage of Hastur. I read all of the Darkover books I could find (I'm pretty sure I've read all of them by now.). I never really read much, but after college and with the right guidance, found that I did actually enjoy reading. Hadn't really heard of her other novels except for Avolon, so, am looking forward to more Marion!!! Thanks!

Please try a little Mary Rennault, too.

Thanks I have been waiting to finish watching this. I wonder when we can se it on the big screen in a theater near you and I locally . LOL Yeah! right... LOL :)