• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Share Your Personal Journey?

Denny, thanks for letting us have that specific insight into the background of one of the sweetest and most amusing members of this forum. You are such a positive element in the group, always taking the high road in disputes and otherwise being creative and thoughtful in your contributions. I suppose tragedies like the ones you've suffered turn some people bitter and others angelic and wise. This forum is certainly lucky to have you.

For those of you who have already offered your wonderful and heart warming comments and for those that may choose to do so in the future. I thank you with all that I am. Loosing so much of my family in such a short period of time while being a terrific shock was also the thing that taught me the extreme value of life. I myself am in poor physical health and fully understand that I may not be here long. It is such a waste to spend any of our tragically short lives bickering and not enjoying all the wonderful things we have to share. Enjoy your life and the things around you. I spent 30 years of my life hiding behind a mask of some one else. I hate the thought of all that I missed by not being ourselves earlier in life. It is my hope by sharing this story that the young people here who may be afraid to be them selves will find the courage to do so.

My observation is on sexual abuse. I was six (we're talking the '40's) and had my first sexual experience with a high school boy who invited me to his house and had sex. Today that would be abuse. Then, I liked it and continued to have sex with him.

My observation is on sexual abuse. I was six (we're talking the '40's) and had my first sexual experience with a high school boy who invited me to his house and had sex. Today that would be abuse. Then, I liked it and continued to have sex with him.

It's a funny old world and a friend of mine could also be described as sexual abuse by his uncle. My friend was about your age and although my friend is now str8, he has said to me that he actually enjoyed the abuse.

It confuses me a bit but I suppose that is life.

Im older too. I remember in the early 70's getting up 4am and horney for a guy. I live in NYC and it was easy then to have easy sex. Went to one of the gay thratres with back rooms and areas and in a few hours had sex with as many guys as I needed. Romance wasn't part of it. People led double lives. Straight married or asexual then gay and enjoying every moment. There were many places to go for it. Then the aids epidemic and places were closed down and people got sick. I guess i was a lucky one I didn't, many did.
I began having a circle of friends like me that needed gay sex and were safe. I had a friend that was living at home with his parents and didnt even wear jeans. He was as straight as they come. I had a job that kept me in the city very late and he would come to my office to change into his gay clothes. He called the private bathroom I had supperman's telephone booth. He now lives in California and is being himself.
As for me I still have a few friends that I play with and still go to some of the backrooms still open in my area.

Im older too. I remember in the early 70's getting up 4am and horney for a guy. I live in NYC and it was easy then to have easy sex. Went to one of the gay thratres with back rooms and areas and in a few hours had sex with as many guys as I needed. Romance wasn't part of it. People led double lives. Straight married or asexual then gay and enjoying every moment. There were many places to go for it. Then the aids epidemic and places were closed down and people got sick. I guess i was a lucky one I didn't, many did.
I began having a circle of friends like me that needed gay sex and were safe. I had a friend that was living at home with his parents and didnt even wear jeans. He was as straight as they come. I had a job that kept me in the city very late and he would come to my office to change into his gay clothes. He called the private bathroom I had supperman's telephone booth. He now lives in California and is being himself.
As for me I still have a few friends that I play with and still go to some of the backrooms still open in my area.
I also live in New York City, and remember the 70's very well, book stores, theatres, back room bars, trucks, the abandoned piers on the lower west side, the baths, etc. I didn't realize that there are still backrooms open around here, but that has lost it's appeal for me, been there, done that. But it was quite an experience being a young gay man in this city, at that time. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

I also live in New York City, and remember the 70's very well, book stores, theatres, back room bars, trucks, the abandoned piers on the lower west side, the baths, etc. I didn't realize that there are still backrooms open around here, but that has lost it's appeal for me, been there, done that. But it was quite an experience being a young gay man in this city, at that time. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Do you guys remember the Sloan House YMCA...I worked in Newark and use to get into the city to the Y...this is 1960, 61.

Do you guys remember the Sloan House YMCA...I worked in Newark and use to get into the city to the Y...this is 1960, 61.
I had heard about the Sloan House YMCA, but when I started going to the gay sex spots around the city, it was 1970 and I never went there. But perhaps a YMCA is more for guys who didn't live here, and needed a room to sleep in as well as fuck in.:001_cool:

New York City was an incredible place to be at age 20, in 1970. I went to my first gay bar, The Sanctuary that summer. It was an old church on West 43rd Street off of Ninth Avenue in Hells Kitchen. Boys would dance with boys and the music was booming with Freda Payne singing Band of Gold. It is an indelible image in my mind. It was good to be young and gay in that city in that era.

I was going to tell Silvercamel in pvt. about the thread we ran last Nov. (08) in which we talked about our memories of life as young gay men, but if anyone can jog my memory as to the title of the thread, perhaps he can view it? Thinking about it, perhaps it was run in early 09?

I was going to tell Silvercamel in pvt. about the thread we ran last Nov. (08) in which we talked about our memories of life as young gay men, but if anyone can jog my memory as to the title of the thread, perhaps he can view it? Thinking about it, perhaps it was run in early 09?

I think my story.... what's yours, or My Family maybe. I was trying to find the fishing and camping story. I could not find it yet.

I even looke in the wildest/strangest place you had sex thread.:confused1:

I think my story.... what's yours, or My Family maybe. I was trying to find the fishing and camping story. I could not find it yet.

well keep trying!

OMG, the camping stories, yes! If you find them Jayman01, please post for others to review, as I dread boring everyone else. Camp was a lot of fun, so was the fishing. Mike indicated he thought I had deleted the stories from the city, if I did it was stupid of me, especially since hunt and peck is still my typing style!

Some of it was seducing and sucking straight boys, MarkyMark. You deleted alot of it. I caught parts of it paraphrased in my comments back to you. Please let me know if that is what you were referring to. :thumbup: We have surely missed our QMOTF. Bless your heart and glad you are now back.:thumbup:

Some of it was seducing and sucking straight boys, MarkyMark. You deleted alot of it. I caught parts of it paraphrased in my comments back to you. Please let me know if that is what you were referring to. :thumbup: We have surely missed our QMOTF. Bless your heart and glad you are now back.:thumbup:

It is good to be back, I missed you guys terribly!

Anyway, I think those three threads have some great stories from your past. Marky Mark you and I spilled enough of our selves on this forum to write three books. I just try to sit back now and enjoy everyone else as much as I can. I still have many a tale to tell when the time is right... As do you a recon...:thumbup:

OMG, the camping stories, yes! If you find them Jayman01, please post for others to review, as I dread boring everyone else. Camp was a lot of fun, so was the fishing. Mike indicated he thought I had deleted the stories from the city, if I did it was stupid of me, especially since hunt and peck is still my typing style!

OMG!!! Marky! Your camping stories are my fave stories on the Forum ever!!! :thumbup:

Aw, shucks! I hope they are still out there somewhere!!