• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Science!!!!

Who here has been to Yellowstone? One of my favorite places to go and I went in late 2010. For those who don't know the last eruption was over 600,000 years ago and guess what? It is way overdue to erupt again. Thing is this is not just a volcano it is a super volcano which can produce eruptions thousands time than most historic volcanos. Here is a quick video for those who don't know so take a minute and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_YUwdiy8I

Who here has been to Yellowstone? One of my favorite places to go and I went in late 2010. For those who don't know the last eruption was over 600,000 years ago and guess what? It is way overdue to erupt again. Thing is this is not just a volcano it is a super volcano which can produce eruptions thousands time than most historic volcanos. Here is a quick video for those who don't know so take a minute and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_YUwdiy8I

650,000 years. Lol that is so weird thatvwe posted that at the same time!:bump:

Interesting fact - The last eruption of a super volcano was in Toba, Sumatra, 75,000 years ago. It had 10,000 times the explosive force of Mount St. Helens and changed life on Earth forever. Thousands of cubic kilometres of ash was thrown into the atmosphere - so much that it blocked out light from the sun all over the world.

So, how many people actually understand/know what geothermal activity is driving the heart of yellowstone national park in Wyoming?

Probably quite a few. We have some brilliant members, doctors, lawyers, professors, teachers, politicians...........

I have never been inside Yellowstone, but I love Yosemite.

Half Dome is beautiful, and the bears are scary.

images

images

Half dome is actually one of the only shear faced rock climbing areas that you actually don't need a permit to climb, and the dome being made of granit rock also acts like a huge lightning rod, so it's really dangerous, a group of 5 hikers were at the top as a storm approached, lightning got crazy and they took shelter in a rock enclosure. A lightning bolt struck the ground passing through the rock killing two of the hikers and seriously burning two, and the only one who was standing having no contact with the wet rock, only suffered temporary blindness. So now they close off the trail when a storm approaches.

images

Wow that looks amazing. I'm not scared of bears. The chances of getting killed by a bear as so slim. The media really uses scare tactics to freak the public out. You actually have a way better chance of falling and dying then you are of dying from a bear.

Half dome is actually one of the only shear faced rock climbing areas that you actually don't need a permit to climb, and the dome being made of granit rock also acts like a huge lightning rod, so it's really dangerous, a group of 5 hikers were at the top as a storm approached, lightning got crazy and they took shelter in a rock enclosure. A lightning bolt struck the ground passing through the rock killing two of the hikers and seriously burning two, and the only one who was standing having no contact with the wet rock, only suffered temporary blindness. So now they close off the trail when a storm approaches.

Good to know and I want to go there even more now lol. :)

You should of been there when I told him how to capture a perfect lighting bolt picture. Use your iPhone to video a storm, then play the video, pause it on a lighting bolt. And capture the picture with your phone.

Coolest thing ever and I'm not sure why I never thought about doing that. :p

As long as you don't get you and CHAD:001_wub: electrocuted at the same time, my heart will survive.:001_wub: