• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Young Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali

He was too "pretty to be a boxer", but he was a damn great fighter too!

caly-young-1962jpg.jpg

370148.jpg

Cassius-Clay-aka-Muhammad-Ali.jpg

d665d2ef60554d0acf09b88271ac97d1.jpg

cassius-clay.jpg

Winning five of five games in a conference tournament is a tough assignment, but it has been done. This year's Duke team heavily relies upon talented Matthew Hurt for point scoring, and another Jay Bilas point was that opposing teams are going after him early in games to draw fouls and try to get him fouled out. That is why Matthew was on the bench near the end of the Georgia Tech game the other night patting Joey Baker's butt, when he should have been in the game scoring lots of points and having Joey pat him. Addressing that issue and keeping Matthew in the game would make an ACC tournament Duke run more possible. You can tell I'm a Met fan as we never give up hope.
You had the faith KG and Step #1 has been accomplished. Final score, Duke 86 - Boston College 51. Bring on Louisville tommorow night. Go Duke. :thumbup:

By the way, Coach K's grandson, 19 year old 6′ 0″, 185 lbs Michael Savarino is a walk on for Duke and he played in the final minutes of the blow out win and he scored a point from the foul line. Very cool for Coach K to have his grandson playing for Duke. I love it!

ba7a9d0874456b97600f4e4bbbdc152e.jpg

You had the faith KG and Step #1 has been accomplished. Final score, Duke 86 - Boston College 51. Bring on Louisville tommorow night. Go Duke. :thumbup:

With a final score of Duke 86 and BC 51, this was the second largest win for Duke in all of ACC tournament history! Great start for Duke!

By the way, Coach K's grandson, 19 year old 6′ 0″, 185 lbs Michael Savarino is a walk on for Duke and he played in the final minutes of the blow out win and he scored a point from the foul line. Very cool for Coach K to have his grandson playing for Duke. I love it!

ba7a9d0874456b97600f4e4bbbdc152e.jpg

Coach K has a good looking grandson!

"Walks like a butterfly and stings like a bee." :)
Younger folks may not realize what an incredible force he was in so many areas of life starting with athletics as he was a great boxer. But more so as a voice of a generation socially, politically and in entertainment too. He was one of a kind, the great Muhammad Ali.

And it was “floats like a butterfly”, but you are too young to remember, Tampa. :blush:

Younger folks may not realize what an incredible force he was in so many areas of life starting with athletics as he was a great boxer. But more so as a voice of a generation socially, politically and in entertainment too. He was one of a kind, the great Muhammad Ali.

And it was “floats like a butterfly”, but you are too young to remember, Tampa. :blush:

Touche' buddy. haha I was rather young at the time. (If I had been born yet at all.) :blush:

With a final score of Duke 86 and BC 51, this was the second largest win for Duke in all of ACC tournament history! Great start for Duke!
By the end of the game yesterday when the walk ons including Coach K's grandson were playing and scoring a few points, the Duke regulars were cheering them on from the sidelines including KG's and mine favorite Blue Devil, (not so much for his play but for his play, but for his smoking hot looks,) #13 Joey Baker!!!!!

DUKEBC15-030921-EDH.jpg

By the way, in the above picture, I also find senior #14 Jordan Goldwire very sexy and below is Freshmen DJ Stewart who has had a remarkable Freshmen year, and I love his smile and his great personality talking to reporters on Zoom in the pre and post game press conferences.

DUKEBC05-030921-EDH.jpg

RAL_DUKEBC-SP-030921-RTW.JPG

And here's a couple more shots of Michael Savarino, Coach K's grandson. When he first became a walk on last season he said that he was told not to call him Papi as he does normally, but Coach when he is with the team. :smile:

DUKEBC31-030921-EDH.jpg

DUKEBC24-030921-EDH.jpg

By the end of the game yesterday when the walk ons including Coach K's grandson were playing and scoring a few points, the Duke regulars were cheering them on from the sidelines including KG's and mine favorite Blue Devil, (not so much for his play but for his play, but for his smoking hot looks,) #13 Joey Baker!!!!!

DUKEBC15-030921-EDH.jpg

By the way, in the above picture, I also find senior #14 Jordan Goldwire very sexy and below is Freshmen DJ Stewart who has had a remarkable Freshmen year, and I love his smile and his great personality talking to reporters on Zoom in the pre and post game press conferences.

DUKEBC05-030921-EDH.jpg

RAL_DUKEBC-SP-030921-RTW.JPG

And here's a couple more shots of Michael Savarino, Coach K's grandson. When he first became a walk on last season he said that he was told not to call him Papi as he does normally, but Coach when he is with the team. :smile:

DUKEBC31-030921-EDH.jpg

DUKEBC24-030921-EDH.jpg

You are correct in that Joey could be sitting on the bench doing nothing, and I would enjoy looking at him! Coach K's grandson is pretty good looking as well. But no one on the Duke team is as hot as Joey!

Staying on the Duke theme, tonight Duke eliminated Louisville 70-56. Freshmen Mark Williams had a monster game with 23 points and 19 rebounds. But now the opposing teams get tougher with Florida State coming up tomorrow night. But for now, I'm loving it!!!! :biggrin:

Staying on the Duke theme, tonight Duke eliminated Louisville 70-56. Freshmen Mark Williams had a monster game with 23 points and 19 rebounds. But now the opposing teams get tougher with Florida State coming up tomorrow night. But for now, I'm loving it!!!! :biggrin:

The Duke ACC tourney run continues with their second big win in as many days!

The Duke ACC tourney run continues with their second big win in as many days!
And now a sudden end has come to Duke's season with a positive test within their program and the team is quarantined and they drop out of the ACC Tournament and all chance for an NCAA appearance has ended. A fitting way for the 2020-2021 season to end. Disappointing but it is reality.

And now a sudden end has come to Duke's season with a positive test within their program and the team is quarantined and they drop out of the ACC Tournament and all chance for an NCAA appearance has ended. A fitting way for the 2020-2021 season to end. Disappointing but it is reality.

That's terrible, but an unfortunate reality we have to live with until mass vaccination and herd immunity brings this pandemic to an end. We are not there yet, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. So frustrating as Duke had started a tourney run with two really impressive wins.

The Coronavirus just spread to the Virginia Cavaliers forcing an ACC tournament semifinal forfeit to Georgia Tech I believe. Just more evidence that, while there is light at the end of the tunnel, we are not there yet. That virus has destroyed a great college basketball conference tournament and possibly threatens the upcoming NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

I am watching Yankees and Pirates playing an exhibition game in Tampa. There are some fans in the stands, not the usual sold out Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, but it is looking and sounding more normal than during the abbreviated sixty game season last summer. I am hopeful for a full 162 game season in 2021. But as we are learning with the current NCAA basketball season, we need to be prepared for anything.

I am watching Yankees and Pirates playing an exhibition game in Tampa. There are some fans in the stands, not the usual sold out Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, but it is looking and sounding more normal than during the abbreviated sixty game season last summer. I am hopeful for a full 162 game season in 2021. But as we are learning with the current NCAA basketball season, we need to be prepared for anything.

I'm not so sure that it a good idea to play a full 162 game schedule in 2021. Doing another sixty game schedule starting in July would have been a whole lot safer with vaccinations completed and herd immunity established. Once again the quest for the almighty dollar overpowers public health and safety concerns. There could be a price to be paid for this.

NCAA Basketball Tournament 2021

The NCAA tournament brackets were announced last night and as expected, my Duke Blue Devils are on the outside for the first time since 1995. A disappointing season to me, but if Mark Williams and Matthew Hurt return, along with the fine Freshmen guards plus some new recruits, next year could be a big bounce back year for Duke.

Meanwhile the tournament goes on with some interesting story lines, including Rick Pitino back coaching Iona and Patrick Ewing leading Georgetown back as well. And Gonzaga with a chance to be the first undefeated champ since Bobby Knight's Indiana Hoosiers of 1976. Here's hoping for a great tournament even without my beloved Blue Devils. lol :crying1:

Let the games begin!

im-163871