• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Zack and The Jets actually won their game today, but I was too wrapped up in the thrilling Yankees-Rays 1-0 game to check out how Zack did. And by the way, my Giants won their first game as well, so the Jets & Giants are now both 1-3. Giants QB, Daniel Jones is no Zack Wilson looks wise, but I’d do him if he asked. Ha Ha.

View attachment 31933

View attachment 31932

You could always choose "All of the Above" and do them both!

On October 2, 1978, Bucky Dent's 3-run home run lifted the Yankees to win the AL East division tie-breaker game vs. the Red Sox after trailing by 14 games. And tonight 43 years and three days later, the Yankees and the Red Sox are back at Fenway Park in another do or die game. Tonight it is in the American League Wildcard game where the winner moves on to the Division Series and the loser goes home. Will history repeat?

Will the 2021 Yankee cutie Tyler Wade hit the big home run? :biggrin:

Nobody knows but it will be an exciting scene tonight in Boston in historic Fenway Park. Games like tonight’s are why I love baseball and rooting on my team.

[ATTACH =CONFIG]32030[/ATTACH]

View attachment 32032

View attachment 32034

I remember that Bucky Dent three run homer. I was listening to the radio to the Red Sox announcers who called it as a pop up that clicked the screen on its downward flight just as the Red Sox leftfielder was about to make an easy catch. In contrast my Yankee fan brother was listening to Yankee announcer Phil Rozzuto who called it as a long titanic blast clearly a home run from the get go. Funny how opposing team announcers see opposite things on the same fly ball!

Well Boston just won 6-2. Congratulations to them and their fans. Now it’s wait till next year for Yankees.

Well Boston just won 6-2. Congratulations to them and their fans. Now it’s wait till next year for Yankees.

Cole is a great pitcher, but he seems to be less consistent with the Yanks than he was with the Astros. Hard to believe that the Yankees swept a three game series in Fenway the weekend before last, but then turned around and lost the one game wild card game in Fenway tonight. That's baseball. Their regular season record was great, but they seemed to be streaky, being unbeatable for a few weeks and then losing for a few weeks, which is dangerous going into a one game winner takes all wild card game, as which Yankee team will you get? The Mets were worse being in first place for over a hundred days until August 1st and then finishing with a losing record. Still the Yankees made the playoffs, so they should be congratulated on a successful season.

Even as a Red Sox fan, sorry for your loss Mike. But you have had many more years in the play-offs than our Red Sox have had.

Cole is a great pitcher, but he seems to be less consistent with the Yanks than he was with the Astros. Hard to believe that the Yankees swept a three game series in Fenway the weekend before last, but then turned around and lost the one game wild card game in Fenway tonight. That's baseball. Their regular season record was great, but they seemed to be streaky, being unbeatable for a few weeks and then losing for a few weeks, which is dangerous going into a one game winner takes all wild card game, as which Yankee team will you get? The Mets were worse being in first place for over a hundred days until August 1st and then finishing with a losing record. Still the Yankees made the playoffs, so they should be congratulated on a successful season.
Thank you for saying that KG. I know of your love for the Mets and not so much for the Yankees. lol I do appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

The old adage at the end of a long season comes into play again. Lol!!!

1A92CB13-8D75-4B65-A623-A89606DFF43E.jpg

The old adage at the end of a long season comes into play again. Lol!!!

View attachment 32101

I think that Leo Durocher first said that! In 1969, Leo managed the first place Cubs until they came to Shea Stadium for a show down series against the Mets. Just before the first pitch, a black cat mysteriously appeared and walked in front of the Cubs dugout and their manager Leo. No one knows where that black cat came from, but we do know that the Mets won that game, that series and went on to win the World Series.