• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Memories from my youth - CYO dances on Friday nights

I'd have to say my favorite would be the old time Country songs but also getting into this whole dub step mixup stuff

I shared this elsewhere online and figured I would share it here too. I know we don't typically share songs in other languages. But this is one of my favorite songs in Spanish that I found accidentally way back in 2003. The Argentinian artist Diego Torres is cute enough. But the song itself just makes me swoon inside. It's really beautiful and touching. I also love the light jazz vibe to it. Plus, he never specifies whether the person he sings this beautiful song to is a woman. :)

Diego Torres sings, Tratar De Estar Mejor (Try To Be Better)

Last edited:
Keeping with the other than English theme, here's one from the wonderful Ritchie Valens, taken from us just as his career was taking off:

I've seen the movie of the same name umpteen times, and I always cry at the end. To have lost him, the Big Bopper, and the great Buddy Holly at the same time was tragic. I can remember when the news came over the portable transistor radio I had.

Last edited:
Here's a great light jazz session from 1985 with a Brazilian flair. You don't have to understand the lyrics to enjoy the music. The whole Harlequin album is fantastic.

Hip hop, old school hip hop, 80's 90's 2000's
HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

Drake. . . . Bluegrass is pretty cool, if you give it a chance. . . though it's a little bit further back in the woods ;-))) :devil:

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

And, Drake - when you are planning to visit Paris or Berlin. . . bone up on the core works of the operatic repertoire. . . hip-hop doesn't really cut it, there. Sadly, hip-hop is STILL considered rather déclassé in polite Parisian circles. (Even though Seamus Heaney, Nobel laureate, DID say that Eminem was one of his favourite poets!)

But hey, I'm going to give you a super head-start, for your European trip - with the greatest operatic aria of all time. (It's OK - thank me later ~ LOL! ;-))))

"A"XOXOXOXOXO:angel2:

HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

Finally, Drake, I'm sorry. . .

Much as you might want them, you cain't have my vast collection of old Liberace albums. . . they are all promised to Jon from Liverton, should he ever return. *Sigh*

"A" XOXOXOXOXOXO