• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

I forgot to mention in my all time favs a while back. The thing is there are so many..

It's amazing how many favorites I have. I had to edit down my playlist on my iPhone because I wanted to add a movie and I had too much music! Among other things... like sexy pix and such :blush:

But this is one of my all time favs. Makes me weepy every time. It's such a beautiful story.

My iphone is purely for my music, although I still have my dads vinyls which I havnt converted to digital for my iphone. The analogue versions sound so much better.

My iphone is purely for my music, although I still have my dads vinyls which I havnt converted to digital for my iphone. The analogue versions sound so much better.

I agree about not messing around with the sound of 45s and 33s. I'm sure many people view this subject differently, but for me when a song or a piece of music that was incredible in its day (analogue) is 'digitally enhanced' often it loses the original magic that made it so special in the first place.

It's amazing how many favorites I have. I had to edit down my playlist on my iPhone because I wanted to add a movie and I had too much music! Among other things... like sexy pix and such :blush:

But this is one of my all time favs. Makes me weepy every time. It's such a beautiful story.

Love, love, LOVE Natalie Merchant! Excellent choice LL!

I tend to like a strong female vocal, usually, but this is one of my faves. Its got a haunting melody. Heard it tonight and as usual, it brought me to the verge of tears...

http://youtu.be/A1kzG9Ld1kI

Last edited:
Here is another song called Anytime. How many stars do you recognise in his line up ?

OMG! I love the Finn brothers. A hundred years ago I ran away to New Zealand and over there, there was this crazy band called Split Enz, they were huge. Then I came back to Oz and so did they as Crowded House. Split Enz, Crowded House, Neil Finn by himself...I don't care I love them!

They did this amazing free..yes I did say free...farewell concert at the Oprah House (late nineties I think) and I was there! Just thinking about it gives me the best chills.

@Grace - Yes I have that free concert on DVD. The clip I posted comes from Neil Finn's 7 Worlds Collide DVD/College Dudes. He picked musicians from all over the world and formed a one off band where they performed in Auckland for a week and disbanded. If you liked the clip then I definitely recommend getting the DVD, it sounds and looks great.

@Grace - Yes I have that free concert on DVD. The clip I posted comes from Neil Finn's 7 Worlds Collide DVD/College Dudes. He picked musicians from all over the world and formed a one off band where they performed in Auckland for a week and disbanded. If you liked the clip then I definitely recommend getting the DVD, it sounds and looks great.

Thanks for the info, Jon, that sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

I like all sorts of different music and my favorites constantly changes, so it's rare for me to enjoy a band forever, no matter what they do...but Neil Finn's sound got in my blood and stayed there.

That song is on my top 10 all time favorites list. Mr Somerville's voice gives me the chills. It's hauntingly beautiful.