• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

As I just got back home now from park, I took a pic of how nicely the trees have turned green. I found a pic from this thread from March 21 showing how quickly the transformation has taken place in less than five weeks.

IMG_4862.jpeg
IMG_1475.jpeg

My “Spring Break” vacation is drawing to a close, as I return to my two day a week job on Wednesday. Today I felt lazy until around 4PM when I decided to go out for my walk, to get my steps in. It was a cloudy day and it started drizzling around an hour into my walk. I wound up in my favorite spot in DUMBO, where there are always tourists snapping selfies with the background of the East River and the lower Manhattan skyline.

Even with the drizzle I got a few interesting pics in. There was some kind of event with signs and people speaking. I don’t know what it meant. There was also a couple getting wedding photos taken, a pink Cadillac and a cute guy taking a pic with his girlfriend. It is a fun spot to go and get my steps in at the same time. :001_smile:

IMG_4867.jpeg
IMG_4868.jpeg
IMG_4866.jpeg
IMG_4869.jpeg
IMG_4865.jpeg

Well I just got back from a mini vacation. I took a few days off to run down to Connecticut and gamble away some of my nephews inheritance (I won't have kids so the bumper sticker on an RV saying "spending my kids inheritance" doesn't apply) 😆🤣

How's everyone doing? Forum seems very quiet

Well I just got back from a mini vacation. I took a few days off to run down to Connecticut and gamble away some of my nephews inheritance (I won't have kids so the bumper sticker on an RV saying "spending my kids inheritance" doesn't apply) 😆🤣

How's everyone doing? Forum seems very quiet
Hi Chac. Glad that you got away for a few days. I’m doing well, finishing up my “stay cation”, resuming my part time job later today. The bad part of not working at all, as many of my fully retired friends are, is totally losing track of what day of the week it is. I do enjoy the structure of my two days working. Good to see you posting! :001_smile:

Hi Chac. Glad that you got away for a few days. I’m doing well, finishing up my “stay cation”, resuming my part time job later today. The bad part of not working at all, as many of my fully retired friends are, is totally losing track of what day of the week it is. I do enjoy the structure of my two days working. Good to see you posting! :001_smile:

Working is good, I know my Dad misses the work sometimes to keep him busy, but he worked until a workplace fall/accident took him out of commission for 6 months. After that and at 74 he said enough is enough (he was a handyman so he did everything from general repairs to painting).

I myself get tired of vacation after about a week and can't wait to go back to work. I genuinely like what I do and the team is my second family, so I enjoy spending time there. I've worked with my boss for 24 years through different employers and I have other friends there with similar times. It's definitely a "work family" LOL

My cat is adorable and hopefully will have a happy and healthy last few years. I have lovely friends of many different generations as old as 72 and as young as 20. The world is fucked up, but what else is new? I think I am on the right path. All things considered, life is good.
Gato.jpg

Working is good, I know my Dad misses the work sometimes to keep him busy, but he worked until a workplace fall/accident took him out of commission for 6 months. After that and at 74 he said enough is enough (he was a handyman so he did everything from general repairs to painting).

I myself get tired of vacation after about a week and can't wait to go back to work. I genuinely like what I do and the team is my second family, so I enjoy spending time there. I've worked with my boss for 24 years through different employers and I have other friends there with similar times. It's definitely a "work family" LOL
It is so important to be happy at work. One of my former co-workers used to say that we spend more waking hours with our work families than we do with our real families. I’m glad that you enjoy your fellow workers. It is an important aspect of life. :thumbup1:

My cat is adorable and hopefully will have a happy and healthy last few years. I have lovely friends of many different generations as old as 72 and as young as 20. The world is fucked up, but what else is new? I think I am on the right path. All things considered, life is good.
View attachment 182701
Pretty cat Treb. And you have a great attitude about life for her, (or him), and for yourself. Life does go by so quickly and it’s great to have a positive attitude. Being negative doesn’t help ourselves or anyone else. :thumbup1:

I worked my two days this week after two weeks of semi-vacation with my company closed for religious observation. So this is a three day weekend for me and the weather cleared and I took my walk through Brooklyn Bridge Park and the streets of Brooklyn Heights. After I post these pics, it is afternoon nap time. 💤

IMG_4877.jpeg
IMG_4876.jpeg
IMG_4878.jpeg
IMG_4879.jpeg
IMG_4880.jpeg
IMG_4881.jpeg
IMG_4882.jpeg

I am back on my Monday & Wednesday work schedule and with today being Tuesday and it being a warm sunny early May day, I took a nice long walk and took pics along the way.

View attachment 182727View attachment 182728View attachment 182729View attachment 182730View attachment 182731View attachment 182732

Nice pictures ☺️

I too am returning to work after 1.5 weeks off. I was a lazy lump today and only went out to my nephew's baseball game. My Oura ring is telling me I've rested enough and to get off my fat ass and exercise again 🤣🤣

Nice pictures ☺️

I too am returning to work after 1.5 weeks off. I was a lazy lump today and only went out to my nephew's baseball game. My Oura ring is telling me I've rested enough and to get off my fat ass and exercise again 🤣🤣
Thanks. Glad you liked my pics. You Definitely should get outside in the nice weather. Soon it will be too damn hot outside. Like Elvis said, It’s now or Never. :wink:

I am now done with the semester, so I have three months off. Though I really need a job. My savings are almost out. And my subscription is about to run out, so I won't be able to come here now that I have free time.