• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

I went on that ferry once. I got seasick.

I take non drowsy Dramamine with me when I have to go on boats or airplanes. It's a lifesaver for me LOL 🤢🤢🤮🤮
Sorry to hear about your sea sickness, Treb. Perhaps Chac's idea of Dramamine might work or perhaps boats are not for you. But for those who can handle the water, I think the NYC Ferry is a marvelous addition to living here. It’s interesting how the water is what made New York and other port cities successful and how over time the shipping industry changed with railroads and automobiles, but now we are using the waters again for transportation, this time of people to work and to play.

And the lines keep expanding at a low cost. For $4.00 you can basically travel from one end of the city to another, from the southern end of Brooklyn, east to Rockaway beach and north through Manhattan, Queens and The Bronx too now, with a free transfer available to another line within two hours of purchasing the original ticket Very cool in my opinion!

IMG_2317.jpeg

Today was a good day. My leg was feeling better so I went to the gym and I got a nice 45 minute cardio workout in.

One thing to note, at the gym, I definitely noticed that the younger guys don't shower after their workouts. Is this the new norm? As I was taking my shower, only two older guys (probably 50-60) stripped down and cleaned off. They have 3 private stalls, so it's not like it's a gang showerhead like we had in highschool locker room. I get really sweaty and gross and I hate the feeling of changing into clothes all funky.

When I went to highschool we never showered after gym either, and it was umm... ripe in the afternoon if you had PE in the morning LOL 🦨🦨

Oh, and PS: there was a guy in the gym working out in a tank top, that was a 100/10. Like a Greek god statue. Definitely muscular, think Zac Efron of today, but not bulky, more sculpted and toned. OMG, I will be dreaming about him 😍. LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Today was a good day. My leg was feeling better so I went to the gym and I got a nice 45 minute cardio workout in.

One thing to note, at the gym, I definitely noticed that the younger guys don't shower after their workouts. Is this the new norm? As I was taking my shower, only two older guys (probably 50-60) stripped down and cleaned off. They have 3 private stalls, so it's not like it's a gang showerhead like we had in highschool locker room. I get really sweaty and gross and I hate the feeling of changing into clothes all funky.

When I went to highschool we never showered after gym either, and it was umm... ripe in the afternoon if you had PE in the morning LOL 🦨🦨

Oh, and PS: there was a guy in the gym working out in a tank top, that was a 100/10. Like a Greek god statue. Definitely muscular, think Zac Efron of today, but not bulky, more sculpted and toned. OMG, I will be dreaming about him 😍. LOL

Great that you got to the gym yesterday Chac, for many reasons, mostly for your cardio workout, but secondly for the “eye candy”. As I said previously the hotties at the gym were always my motivation to keep working out harder and longer to get more looks at them. As far as young guys not showering at the gym, that was true fifteen to twenty years ago too. They would just change and go home. The best look I’d get was in the locker room when they stripped off their workout shirt and shorts and change into street stuff. It was always the old, overweight guys who got totally naked. :001_rolleyes:

I continued my walking program on Friday afternoon. It was cool and cloudy and I felt a lot of energy with my Powerbeats in my ears listening to music and I walked further than usual. I went past DUMBO into a small historic neighborhood called Vinegar Hill and close to the Brooklyn Navy Yard. New York City’s first Wegman’s opened in the area four or five years ago and the Navy Yard itself has been redeveloped into an area for new independent start up businesses to use the vast ground where the ships were built and repaired since 1801.

I saw a really cool mural painted by local school kids depicting the closing of the Navy Yard in the 1960’s and the loss of all the jobs there. On my way back through DUMBO I noticed a sign for the last factory building there being converted into condos with a sign showing that you can get in for a cool $2 million. lol It was a healthy walk and educational for me as well. Here are some pics.

IMG_4823.jpeg
IMG_4813.jpeg
IMG_4811.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg
IMG_4814.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg
IMG_4819.jpeg
IMG_4820.jpeg
IMG_4824.jpeg

Awesome job. I highly recommend getting a personal trainer. I do 30 min sessions which is about 43 per time which is not bad. It is the best workout I've ever had.

I"ve never showered at the gym. Even with closed stalls. I've never felt safe. It's sad, I guess.

In what way do you mean safe?

What Mike said? What's making you feel uncomfortable? I just have the nightmare of someone stealing my towel and I'll be left to be all nekked and dripping wet 🤣🤣. A recurring dream from back in my teens hahahaha. If we had showered in highschool I know for a fact my bullies would have done that to me. One tried to drown me at summer camp. I still don't like having my face fully underwater from that hellish experience.

Awesome job. I highly recommend getting a personal trainer. I do 30 min sessions which is about 43 per time which is not bad. It is the best workout I've ever had.

I definitely need to look into that. My work has a gym in it including a trainer (a perk that is provided at no cost to us), so I'll have to setup an appointment for a consultation.

I’m trying to get a good walk in on every day that I don’t work unless the weather prevents it. I did my longest solo walk yet on Friday when I got to the Wegmans near the Navy Yard. Saturday my feet and calves felt tired and I decided to take a rest day. After watching the Yankees game and catching up with two friends on the phone, it was around 5 PM and the sun had come out and I thought I’d at least get out for a short walk.

It was so pretty out and I was feeling good and I wound up walking and resting a bit for over two hours. I discovered a live band playing right under the base of the Brooklyn Bridge. I kept walking to the popular areas where I saw a lot of tourists as DUMBO is apparently in every NYC tourist guide book. Always lots of cute young guys on my visits there. :001_smile: . Then I walked the paths back through Brooklyn Bridge Park and back home. I’m glad I decided to do a late afternoon walk.

IMG_4827.jpeg
IMG_4828.jpeg
IMG_4833.jpeg
IMG_4835.jpeg
IMG_4836.jpeg

To be naked is to be vulnerable. I can't afford the gym now, but I doubt I'd start showering there even now in my new enlightenment period.

In other news, me and some of the lads went to the Barnes Museum yesterday. As it was a "holiday" I didn't flee when offered a joint. I had forgotten how awful smoking anything is and coughed for 5 minutes. I was in a weird state. I felt the urge to do squats and did right outside the museum. Some people stole my Uber and Uber refused to refund it. And I bought beer for the two 20 year old pals who walked me to the subway, so I was also criming, I guess. Then I stayed up all night and watched someone else watch a season of a reality show, and I hate reality shows. Strange day.

To be naked is to be vulnerable. I can't afford the gym now, but I doubt I'd start showering there even now in my new enlightenment period.

In other news, me and some of the lads went to the Barnes Museum yesterday. As it was a "holiday" I didn't flee when offered a joint. I had forgotten how awful smoking anything is and coughed for 5 minutes. I was in a weird state. I felt the urge to do squats and did right outside the museum. Some people stole my Uber and Uber refused to refund it. And I bought beer for the two 20 year old pals who walked me to the subway, so I was also criming, I guess. Then I stayed up all night and watched someone else watch a season of a reality show, and I hate reality shows. Strange day.
To my weird way of thinking, hanging out with two 20 year old pals is a fun time. :001_tt2:

And regarding getting high, while I haven’t smoked in eight years, I did notice something in the park yesterday on 4-20-24 and I propped it up on a rock and took a pic. Your post Treb gives me an excuse to post it here. :wink:

IMG_4834.jpeg

To my weird way of thinking, hanging out with two 20 year old pals is a fun time. :001_tt2:

And regarding getting high, while I haven’t smoked in eight years, I did notice something in the park yesterday on 4-20-24 and I propped it up on a rock and took a pic. Your post Treb gives me an excuse to post it here. :wink:

View attachment 182645

I must say while I don't smoke, I have found a fondness for the CBD/THC gummies. I'm probably a weakling LOL as they are 50mg CBD and 5 mg THC, but these new ones have some melatonin in them to help my insomnia and 30 minutes after taking one, damn I am OUT. I got up to go pee one last time the other night and I was like whoa, that's hitting heavy as I was a bit unsteady hahahaha. I can only imagine what a full joint must be like.

Hmmm now that I think about it, this may explain the munchies I have had lately and not loosing weight despite working out 🤣🤣🤣

My week is off to a good start. Even though I only work two days a week, my company is closed for the week and this is vacation week. Perhaps more physiological but I feel like I’m on vacation. I’m continuing to walk everyday. I explored the Brooklyn neighborhood of Gowanus today. I didn’t think to take any pics but when I arrived back to my neighborhood, I rounded off my afternoon with a few hundred extra steps to hit the magic 10,000. And I took a couple of pics of some flower beds along the Promenade. Pretty flowers on a pretty day, and I’m feeling pretty good!

IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4847.jpeg

Yesterday I had a physically shitty day. Today on the other hand I am pain free so I wanted to share my positive feelings with my fellow members & invite everyone just to say whatever and share with us all regardless how you feel. I hope you have an awesome day.
Mary & George on STARZ King James has always had handsome young men. The King's favorite got everything he wanted as long as he pleased him. Mary is George's mother. She wants her handsome son to be the King's lover. Starring Julianne Moore and Nicholas Galitzine. A lot of sex in Season One.

Mary & George on STARZ King James has always had handsome young men. The King's favorite got everything he wanted as long as he pleased him. Mary is George's mother. She wants her handsome son to be the King's lover. Starring Julianne Moore and Nicholas Galitzine. A lot of sex in Season One.
Very hot indeed. The mother tells her son that the King is cock struck and to give him whatever he wants. I wish I had Starz but I am already paying for so many streamng services that I never watch. Why can’t this be on one of those? :001_rolleyes:

IMG_1472.jpeg
IMG_1473.jpeg

Fulton Street in Downtown Brooklyn was the major shopping district in Brooklyn in my father’s time and my grandfather’s time. I remember as a young boy going on occasion.

I needed to go to Apple Store on Flatbush Avenue yesterday and back today, and instead of taking the subway, I walked and took some pics representing the changes as Fulton Street is now mostly a pedestrian mall except for buses and the end near DeKalb and Flatbush Avenue are part of the Mega Towers going up all over New York City.

The Dime Savings Bank of Brooklyn has been closed for years but the historic building maintained. Now The base is being incorporated into Brooklyn Tower, 93 stories, 1066 feet tall. The first pic is the lobby of the bank, part of the structure. I copied it from online. The exterior shots, I took of Brooklyn Tower and another super tall building going up.

IMG_4854.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_4851.jpeg

Abraham & Strauss was the big department store on Fulton Street. It was converted into Macys and still operates today. You can see the base of the building with the oxidized green was the original A&S with the additions on top. The blending of old and new in New York City. And a pic of a dirty faded plaque on the building commemorating the original store.

IMG_4859.jpeg
IMG_4858.jpeg