• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Game - linking songs

I've read everything she's written, other than the 3 books she rote under the name A.N. Roquelare (The "Beauty" trilogy) and have many signed first editions of her novels. Have you read The Witching Hour? Far and away my favorite of all her books. It might seem a bit daunting at 1100+ pages, but totally worth it! She is a master story teller! She makes you believe in Vampires, witches or whatever she's writing about!

I have read all her books, but it was so long ago I'm going to hunt them all up and get back in to them again!

Okay...so I know this is word association (I think??) but I just had to share this song because the words and the clip are just fabulous! And it is kind of thought association and band association so I'm sure that must count somehow...

Iva Davis or Ivan Davies..not sure... anyway, he's the lead singer for the band Icehouse and he sung this extended version on the Opera step as we flicked over to the millennium...

Grace, it's time we understood the rules hun. How did you get your Icehouse song from the previous poster me. Mine is Icehouse's Hey little girl so you could have either changed the band to Waterboys for example or the name of the song to for example Little sister by Ry cooder.

Are we all now getting the drift on how the game should be played LOL.. shruggs

I think I love you even a little bit more right now! It's my favorite book! I re-read it every couple of years. I have a signed first edition on my nightstand, but have a dog-eared paperback for reading.

I need to get it on my Kindle for iPhone. It's been years, but I've read it at least 5 times. I loaned my copy to a gf years ago, along with all my hardcovers of every Anne Rice book I owned. She was a voracious reader. At the time, I didn't think to get them back before she moved to Australia and gave away all her worldly possessions... and mine....

Oooh! I'd have been soooo not pleased! I think I still have every book I've ever read! When I moved to LA from NY, I left records, clothes, furniture, but I made sure I packed all my books.

OK, so where were we? I'm confused about the direction our game was taking last, since we had 2 Icehouse songs in a row and Jon got upset and I apparently wasn't listening to content clearly enough and made some game changing mistakes, too.... So can I just post a song that's closely related to our last couple of posts???

I checked up on youtube for connections to Hey, Little Girl, and there was a Del Shannon song of the same title, which made me think of a Barenaked Ladies song. This is here.

Then I asked Ian what he thought of when I told him the title of the song, Hey, Little Girl, and he said...

Kids... LOL!

Word association, song association, 6 degrees of separation... I think the journey is what's important.

Wow Jon! That's amazing. And a tough act to follow. Here's one of my absolute favorites from a while ago. I used to crank it up in my car and sing it so loud that I'd have tears running down my face.

I had assumed all along that they were American. But in the videos the singers (and their hairstyles) looked British to me. I just checked on that. Here's a snippet from Wikipedia:

"The Outfield are an English pop rock/power pop power trio based in London, England. The Outfield are unusual for a British band in that they enjoyed commercial success in the U.S., but never enjoyed a similar success in their homeland.[4] They began recording during the mid-1980s,[5] and they released their first album, Play Deep, in 1985 through Columbia Records. The album reached No. 9 on the Billboard 200 list and then reached triple platinum in America.[6] Their single "Your Love" reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 as well as No. 7 on the Mainstream Rock chart,[6] and it became their signature song. It went on to be featured in a number of 80s-themed compilation albums,[7] a[1] The other singles "Say It Isn't So" and "Everytime You Cry" also made it into the top 20 on the Mainstream Rock chart."

So you can proudly call them your own Jon. haha