• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Formite trip

Great post mike. Beautiful pictures of the Dakota. Great book out there about the Dakota. I have it somewhere? Christmas is coming..
Lauren Bacall, Judy Holliday, Leonard Bernstein, Boris Karloff to name a few lived there.
The board wouldn't let Madonna in. To much riff raft.
Wonderful history. Built in 1880s . They say there are many ghosts that walk the halls. Was and looks like it is still one of New Yorks Grandest addresses.
At the time there was not a apt big enough for Jackie. My Dad used to say I new more stuff that would not get me anywhere. LOL This is one.
Loved your trip boys sorry to see it come to a end. And your still friends.:sun:xoxoxo

Says who??? lol nah he's alright I guess for a brooklynite!! I prefer the hot Ricans in The Bronx....

Great stuff Johnny! None of which I had realized! And Peter.....I'm with you on that!

Quiet Wednesday & Great Home Cooked Meal

Peter wanted a quiet mellow day on Wednesday prior to heading for the airport, to begin his long journey back home to the great Pacific Northwest today, rather than walking around my "hood" to check out the remainder of Brooklyn Bridge Park and Dumbo attractions that he had missed. It was probably for the best as I found myself very tired all day, even napping in my easy chair. I guess the youngin' wore out this old man by pounding the pavement pretty much non-stop every day, for the last week, and it kind of caught up with me on Wednesday.

Peter who is half Mexican, prepared one of his famous Mexican dinners which I've heard so much about over the last year and a half and damn it was delicious. The menu consisted of chicken enchiladas, home made rice, refried beans and Mexican rice. Everything was made from scratch, nothing pre-prepared in the store. He actually began cooking the beans the night before and the rest was cooked in bits and pieces throughout the day on Wednesday while we did our laundry in the machines in the basement, and listened to some great music by Neil Young, Neil Diamond, the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, the Beatles and more.

I have a small kitchenette in my one bedroom city apartment, whereas he lives in a house with a full kitchen and dining room back home in Seattle, so he had to cook everything in sections, using my one frying pan, one casserole dish and one large pot on my small four burner stove here, but it turned out to be spectacularly good, and as he only knows how to prepare large meals, I now have four containers of the same meal in my freezer ready to pop in the microwave. We also had delicious French vanilla ice cream for dessert, (which you can tell from my pictures that I don't really "need" for my waistline), but what the fuck, this was the last night of a fun filled vacation week, which I will remember for the rest of my life, with my forum buddy, who became an even better "real life" buddy.

As we have chronicled each day of our week with pictures, we thought it was appropriate to show you folks the results of Peter's "slaving over the stove" all day to create his masterpiece fucking delicious meal. They do say a picture is worth a thousand words.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That looks great! And what a way to end a vacation too! Glad you guys spent the last day enjoying a great meal, music and each others company! You're both great guys!

Sincerely!
Betu:up:

My last post from NYC. I honestly had a great time on my vacation it couldn't have turned out any better. From the pics you can tell we saw everything (well most) of everything I wanted to see. I will miss Mikeyank (Andy)lol as we were good friends from the forum, but now are great friends. Next post from Seattle, unless I get mugged and raped in Chicago then my vacation continues lol

And I totally enjoyed your trip. Nice way to end it with a beautiful meal.Thanks for keeping me informed every day. Made me feel I was there.
Safe trip home Peter. mike get some rest. Ayden will be here soon. Love you guys. Sappy but true.
Love ....johnny

Last edited:
OMG! That food looks freakin' awesome! As I look at it at even 10:30 in the morning, it's making me hungry. lol

I'm so glad you had such a good time in New York Peter. I never doubted that Mikey would be a wonderful host and chaperone. :angel:

Love you guys!

Thanks to all who were interested and your comments regarding our one week journey throughout the five boroughs of NYC, plus a trip upstate to meet the wonderful BETU. But I do have three final images to share thanks to Peter's i-phone.

This is me posing with my Broke Straight Boys towel, as seen in my BTS, personally autographed to me by Blake, Jason and Denver, a picture of the street sign on Montague Street, which is the main shopping and restaurant street in Brooklyn Heights. It was also mentioned in Bob Dylan's classic song, "Tangled Up In Blue".

"I lived with them on Montague Street
In a basement down the stairs
There was music in the café at night
And revolution in the air"

And finally Peter all packed up and ready to go to the airport to begin his journey back home to Seattle.

As for me, I need to rest today, as I am still off until Monday and I'm totally exhausted from the whirlwind week.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Thanks to all who were interested and your comments regarding our one week journey throughout the five boroughs of NYC, plus a trip upstate to meet the wonderful BETU. But I do have three final images to share thanks to Peter's i-phone.

This is me posing with my Broke Straight Boys towel, as seen in my BTS, personally autographed to me by Blake, Jason and Denver, a picture of the street sign on Montague Street, which is the main shopping and restaurant street in Brooklyn Heights. It was also mentioned in Bob Dylan's classic song, "Tangled Up In Blue".

"I lived with them on Montague Street
In a basement down the stairs
There was music in the café at night
And revolution in the air"

And finally Peter all packed up and ready to go to the airport to begin his journey back home to Seattle.

As for me, I need to rest today, as I am still off until Monday and I'm totally exhausted from the whirlwind week.

View attachment 13163

View attachment 13164

View attachment 13165

:nicethread: :clap:

The food looks absolutely gorgeous. But where was the drink ? lol Glad you and Peter had a great time..
Thanks Jon. But apparently you don't read the forum as diligently as I thought you did. Peter is now sober for something like 22 years, so no alcoholic beverages for peterh. He has no problem with people around him drinking, but alcohol is not a big part of my life. I am more into the natural herbs as Louis is. lol But Peter is totally sober, so it was soda pop with dinner. But with food being so incredibly delicious, wine and herb were not at all necessary. And I have four portions frozen so the Mexican fiesta will go on all week.

Thank you so much Mike, Peter and Betu, you guy have been so kind to share your fun with us! Lots of love, Beth

I wish I had some of that food right now I'm starving!!! lol Man thats a long trip, not quite sure the mileage but across the whole length of the USA takes some time. So good to be home and this is one of those days I'm glad I live alone.....

I wish I had some of that food right now I'm starving!!! lol Man thats a long trip, not quite sure the mileage but across the whole length of the USA takes some time. So good to be home and this is one of those days I'm glad I live alone.....

You shudda taken a doggy bag..

Hey!

Thanks to MikeYank and Peter and Betu, for this wonderful, wonderful travelogue!!! I haven't been in New York City since 1982, but this brought back beautiful memories for me - especially the shots of St. Patrick's Cathedral, where I prayed once-upon-a-time, and the beautiful shops along Fifth Avenue :)

I am so glad you guys had such a great time together - because this is what life is all about, really, n'est-ce-pas? It was so generous of you guys to share some of the best moments of your visit together, and it was an absolute thrill to see what fun you had!!!

Mike, thank you in particular, for sending me that photo of "Mr. K's reataurant"! That made me laugh SO HARD, and I have sent the photo on, to Mr. K. (who is off at work, right now - but I am sure he will love it, too.)

Mike, I rashly said to Mr. K. - Wouldn't it be fun, if we one day visited New York City, and we could stop in at the restaurant that's named after YOU? Mike, that was before I checked the WEBSITE for "Mr.K's restaurant", and found out that it is a four-star restaurant, and a favourite of Natalie Cole, and Tom Cruise. . . . I am afraid that, if I ever take MY Mr. K. there, I will emerge with a cut-up credit card, and a second mortgage :p http://www.mrksny.com/

Anyway, I'm so happy you guys had such a wonderful time - but was this ever in doubt, with MikeYank as HOST? Lots of love, to all of you.

From the Arctic Circle,
"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Hey!

Thanks to MikeYank and Peter and Betu, for this wonderful, wonderful travelogue!!! I haven't been in New York City since 1982, but this brought back beautiful memories for me - especially the shots of St. Patrick's Cathedral, where I prayed once-upon-a-time, and the beautiful shops along Fifth Avenue :)

I am so glad you guys had such a great time together - because this is what life is all about, really, n'est-ce-pas? It was so generous of you guys to share some of the best moments of your visit together, and it was an absolute thrill to see what fun you had!!!

Mike, thank you in particular, for sending me that photo of "Mr. K's reataurant"! That made me laugh SO HARD, and I have sent the photo on, to Mr. K. (who is off at work, right now - but I am sure he will love it, too.)

Mike, I rashly said to Mr. K. - Wouldn't it be fun, if we one day visited New York City, and we could stop in at the restaurant that's named after YOU? Mike, that was before I checked the WEBSITE for "Mr.K's restaurant", and found out that it is a four-star restaurant, and a favourite of Natalie Cole, and Tom Cruise. . . . I am afraid that, if I ever take MY Mr. K. there, I will emerge with a cut-up credit card, and a second mortgage :p http://www.mrksny.com/

Anyway, I'm so happy you guys had such a wonderful time - but was this ever in doubt, with MikeYank as HOST? Lots of love, to all of you.

From the Arctic Circle,
"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Thank you Ambi. I'm glad you enjoyed the images and stories of our week long adventure through the five boroughs of New York City and our trip eighty miles north in New York State. It was a week I will never forget and Ambi, if you and Mr. K do make the trip here, please let me know as I would love to meet you men and perhaps dine with you at "Mr. K's" or more practically at a more reasonably priced restaurant. But thanks again for your kind words. :biggrin:

I also want to thank you guys again for sharing all of your adventures together. I've missed all of you in here. It's good to be back. :001_smile:

I also want to thank you guys again for sharing all of your adventures together. I've missed all of you in here. It's good to be back. :001_smile:
And welcome back Tampa. I hope you had a restful time. And thanks for bringing back this thread for another day, as it was a most memorable whirlwind week of being a tourist in my own city and state, joined by two great guys Peter & Betu who made it most special!!! :thumbup1:

Glad you had a great visit, Peter! (Of course, given the company, that was never in question.)

"A" XOXOXOXOXO