• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Formite trip

It is surprising to me that there is not a direct flight from Seattle, the largest city in the Pacific Northwest into NYC. Or one with a stop over at Chicago-O'Hare. Airline deregulation was supposed to benefit the consumer with more flights and cheaper prices. A perfect example of an economic theory that hasn't really worked in reality to the benefit of the consumer very much. To say nothing of all those small and medium sized cities and towns which have lost all service.
My trip back is through Chicago (which makes sense) but no complaints I found a round trip ticket for $ 380.00 I'm just hoping they don't have chickens running up and down the aisles.

Dear Peter ~

I hope you have a safe and wondrous trip to New York City! I know that you'll have a remarkable time visiting with MikeYank, and Betu: they're such fine and lovely people. One of the greatest things about forums like this (and the Internet generally, I think): is that people who otherwise never would have had the chance to know each other - have the opportunity to become fast friends :) I met some of my best friends in life, in like fashion! :)

Peter, I haven't been to New York City since 1982 ~ but it was a momentous occasion for me, and I loved it. It is a beautiful and a spectacular city, BUT - I will just say this: wherever your FRIENDS ARE (people like Mike and Betu) ~ That is SURELY the best place, on earth. . . whether it is one of the greatest cities on earth, or a tiny, rural, town. BUT, PETER - I feel quite sure that New York City has not yet seen someone of quite your charisma, and personal beauty :)

Have a WONDERFUL time, and of course, we are all looking forward to your photos, and stories, afterward.

Hugs, and lots of love,
"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Wow. How can I top that? haha What Ambi said Mikey, Peter and Betu! :biggrin:

Big hugs guys. I hope you have a wonderful time. xoooo

As I've been busy getting "My Ducks in a Row" in anticipation of this "Meeting of Minds" (and perverse thoughts) I almost missed this thread! So, thanks Mikeyank for alerting me to it!

I think this is something we jokingly talked about a few years back, now....it's coming to fruition....Members from the forum actually creating our own "Meet and Greet" from different states (or the same) but having met on the Broke Straight Boys site Forum! Mark, take note: I'll bet this wasn't something you envisioned but, what a cool thing this site can/has done! Another Broke Straight Boys First or at the very least, something very UNIQUE! Thank you Mark and BLUMEDIA!

Can't wait to meet and spend time with two really special forumites!

Sincerely;
Betudidntknow!

As I've been busy getting "My Ducks in a Row" in anticipation of this "Meeting of Minds" (and perverse thoughts) I almost missed this thread! So, thanks Mikeyank for alerting me to it!

I think this is something we jokingly talked about a few years back, now....it's coming to fruition....Members from the forum actually creating our own "Meet and Greet" from different states (or the same) but having met on the Broke Straight Boys site Forum! Mark, take note: I'll bet this wasn't something you envisioned but, what a cool thing this site can/has done! Another Broke Straight Boys First or at the very least, something very UNIQUE! Thank you Mark and BLUMEDIA!

Sincerely;
Betudidntknow!
Same here my friend. I checked the airline website and Peter is up up and away right now, somewhere between Seattle & Houston, scheduled to arrive in NYC at 6 PM tonight and then our "excellent adventure" begins. :thumbup:

Sincerely;
Betudidntknow!
What a cool post. How Fun. This is a special place ...

Peter arrived on time, and we recognized each other, he knew me from my BTS and I knew him from his pictures. I drove into Manhattan, (after getting lost at and around LaGuardia Airport for a bit). I drove through midtown Manhattan and we took 42nd Street to the heart of Times Square and it does look impressive all lit up at night. Then back to Brooklyn Heights for dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant and a walk on the Promenade.

Peter is sleeping now after a looooong day of flying from Seattle to Houston to New York. Tomorrow starts with our reservations at the Statue of Liberty in the morning and then we explore Manhattan by foot. Hopefully Peter will take some pictures tomorrow and we can post them when we get back here tomorrow night.

It was great to meet my long time forum buddy in person and I think it will be a blast this week, especially on Monday when we join up with Betu. Goodnight forumites.

Peter arrived on time, and we recognized each other, he knew me from my BTS and I knew him from his pictures. I drove into Manhattan, (after getting lost at and around LaGuardia Airport for a bit). I drove through midtown Manhattan and we took 42nd Street to the heart of Times Square and it does look impressive all lit up at night. Then back to Brooklyn Heights for dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant and a walk on the Promenade.

Peter is sleeping now after a looooong day of flying from Seattle to Houston to New York. Tomorrow starts with our reservations at the Statue of Liberty in the morning and then we explore Manhattan by foot. Hopefully Peter will take some pictures tomorrow and we can post them when we get back here tomorrow night.

It was great to meet my long time forum buddy in person and I think it will be a blast this week, especially on Monday when we join up with Betu. Goodnight forumites.[/QUOTE

Well .Thank fucking goodness he got there safe and didn't cause a trouble. I can relax lol......Again..Have Fun Boys.....xoxo

I'm so glad Peter made it there; thank you for letting us know.:001_wub:

mikeyank;153695[COLOR="#FFFF00" said:
]Peter arrived on time, and we recognized each other, he knew me from my BTS and I knew him from his pictures.[/COLOR] I drove into Manhattan, (after getting lost at and around LaGuardia Airport for a bit). I drove through midtown Manhattan and we took 42nd Street to the heart of Times Square and it does look impressive all lit up at night. Then back to Brooklyn Heights for dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant and a walk on the Promenade.

It was great to meet my long time forum buddy in person and I think it will be a blast this week, especially on Monday when we join up with Betu. Goodnight forumites.

Glad to hear Peter made a safe trip! New York City is the epitome " What I envision" when I think of a city! Something and everything you can imagine....goes on there! Upstate New York is the complete contrast! After seeing the city, one would think they were in another state all together when you get as far "Rural" as I am! Even the weather is different! But the "country" life.....just can't be beat!

IMG_0099.jpgIMG_0100.jpg

Glad Peter made it ok and you finally got to meet him in person. Is he really a bitch lol

Thanks for the update, Mike. I know this is going to be a fun time for the two of you.

BTW - you've mentioned something a BTS you were in. What was that?

Glad Peter made it ok and you finally got to meet him in person. Is he really a bitch lol
He's actually a really cool guy. He took a bunch of pics today with his new iphone from the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Museum of American Indians, Madison Square Garden, outside of Macys, the top of the Empire State Building and Times Square and this is only Day #1. He is trying to figure out how to email the pics to me so I can post. If and when he does I will post the pics of Peterh & Mikeyank in NYC. We may not be as young and pretty (at least not me), as Damien Kyle & PC on their road trip, but we are having a lot of fun! :biggrin:

Last edited: