• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Behind the Scenes - Fire Island

hypocrites on the forum

I actually enjoyed the Fire Island scene, for perhaps three reason's that come to mind. One is that I live in New York City, and enjoyed see the Broke Straight Boys road show performers wandering the familiar streets of Manhattan and later Fire Island.

Two is that I had read the negative reviews first before watching it, but was pleasantly surprised that it was light and fun for me to watch. And third is I enjoy watching masculine young guys being themselves, and like the video that was shown of Tyler, and Dustin, and I forget who else, riding in their car, coming back from the outdoor shoot, singing with the songs on the radio, etc. was a real hoot for me. I like watching real young guys being themselves, without a director trying to make the scene slick and smooth.

But even though I enjoyed the clip, I find the hypocrisy coming from those who ask, how dare anyone criticize this shoot, as it is a "freebie" extra for us, and we should be grateful for the free stuff, and not even criticize the rather old mostly boring, "bottom of the barrel" scenes over the last few weeks.

I am a loyal customer of Broke Straight Boys and I enjoy the product, and have no intention of leaving the site in the foreseeable future, but I love free speech even more. If a member of the forum hates an episode, or a model, or anything that he has watched, then he has every right to post his opinion on the forum. I believe as long as they are not invading anyone's privacy, or saying anything illegal or libelous, then that is what makes the forum great.

Please don't tell us that we are being hateful or disrespectful or ungrateful if we express our dislike over a scene. If one member disagrees with another member's opinion, you can either express your own opinion or remain silent, but please don't criticize us for criticizing something that we have seen here.

Again, even though I enjoyed the Fire Island scene, I totally defend the right of anyone to disagree with me and criticize the scene too. I love The First Amendment to the United States Constitution, and I deplore those who want to be "mind police" and favor censorship, in any form.

You really should be consistent in your thoughts Jon. In the Diesal and Jimmy thread you talked about that scene being disappointing simply because it was an older scene and being shown out of order. Here you defend a clip that by and large ISN'T up to the normal high standards. Actually I was dissapointed because it didn't come to the expectations of the last 3 scenes they did together.

Whether it's a freebie or not is irrelevant. It's on the site, and as such should meet the same standards as everything else. I watched it about 5 minutes and stopped as it annoyed me as it did others. That certainly doesn't mean I like the site any less, or I think it's going downhill, I just think it's a clip that shouldn't have made it on here. Have you visited some of the HSBoys sites and in some cases Straight Boys Jerk Off which many members have criticised for poor quality. Is Mark therefore responsible for that too.
And I've said it in other threads, but I too am getting tired of hearing the "Change is a coming" routine. We all know full well there are 365 days in the year, but we've been hearing this since late November-and here it is March and we're still hearing it. Add to that calling previous models "New", and it leaves a sour taste. I actually agree with you on this one.

As for the Mary Whitehouse reference, I'm very close to letting my sub lapse until these "changes" finally make an appearance, but your arrogant attitude makes me just want to leave the forums period. I shoot from the hip, if you don't like it, don't read it

Get off the goddam dead horse!

As someone who was gone a long time and then came back, remember when nobody talked about member's rights and we didn't have so many member's wrongs slapping us in the face. Bad manners are bad manners and I don't care whether you live in New York or Old England. This place used to be full of people who liked each other and said hello and asked about each other's health and jobs and families. Now the best manners on the site are three models and for the life of me I can't figure out why they stick around judging by the way you talk about their fellow performers and, in some cases, them, too.

Everybody seems to think they have a right to say what they want to. They do - no matter how wrong it is to say it. Look around once in a while at how many people have left. If you're the only one left screaming maybe it's time to shut up. Check out the ratings. Remember when Baal was the only one who deliberately rated a scene low. Now everybody with a point to make scores a scene 1. There's nothing wrong with the new Dustin/Tyler scene, but the "Tyler's on too much bunch" deliberately gave it a one" to prove their point and the "Stop showing them out of order bunch" shot a great "Diesal/Jimmy" scene to hell with a vengeance. Then go back and look at your comments - you attack each other in the name of what you have a right to say.

And management? Remember when the director hired the actors and the owner picked the order in which they were shown. Now you're challenging their authorityl. To that point, I might add, owner vowed 'no more gay boys' will be used. Hey! Other than the ladies, we're all gay here. It's a matter of degree. I refuse to read one more argument about a straight person belonging to this site. If you're straight and you are here, keep it to yourself or get counseling. And if you are gay and belong here, and can't tolerate a few gay models now and then, get counseling. And for God's sake stop trying to skewer the ratings to prove your point. Leave the management to do their job. They did all right for five years. If you don't like the menu go to another restaurant or ask them to add another dish but don't be so rude as to ask them to eliminate one because it's not to your taste, other people order off that same menu and they don't all belong to the forum.

And while we're on that subject - the next time a high school football player from Arlington, Texas with absolutely no manners starts calling members names and you continue to encourage him to flaunt his rudeness because you want to see his nakedness on the futon to the point that you challenge the authority of Broke Straight Boys and those with enough sense to realize what's going on maybe you need to deal with your own issues.

I don't want to be mind police. I just want this place to get over the idea that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America gives one the right to use words to deliberately insult, hurt, humiliate or denigrate without consequence.

How many more times can we argue 'gay boys,' 'order of showing,' 'right to say anything I want to?' These arguments and many others are dead horses. I want to get back to the friendly, pleasant place it used to be before a few of you started riding these goddam dead horses into the ground. This place smells so strongly of dead horse you can't smell the cum anymore.

How many more times can we argue 'gay boys,' 'order of showing,' 'right to say anything I want to?' These arguments and many others are dead horses. I want to get back to the friendly, pleasant place it used to be before a few of you started riding these goddam dead horses into the ground. This place smells so strongly of dead horse you can't smell the cum anymore.

You got my vote!..:thumbup1:

As someone who was gone a long time and then came back, remember when nobody talked about member's rights and we didn't have so many member's wrongs slapping us in the face. Bad manners are bad manners and I don't care whether you live in New York or Old England. This place used to be full of people who liked each other and said hello and asked about each other's health and jobs and families. Now the best manners on the site are three models and for the life of me I can't figure out why they stick around judging by the way you talk about their fellow performers and, in some cases, them, too.

Everybody seems to think they have a right to say what they want to. They do - no matter how wrong it is to say it. Look around once in a while at how many people have left. If you're the only one left screaming maybe it's time to shut up. Check out the ratings. Remember when Baal was the only one who deliberately rated a scene low. Now everybody with a point to make scores a scene 1. There's nothing wrong with the new Dustin/Tyler scene, but the "Tyler's on too much bunch" deliberately gave it a one" to prove their point and the "Stop showing them out of order bunch" shot a great "Diesal/Jimmy" scene to hell with a vengeance. Then go back and look at your comments - you attack each other in the name of what you have a right to say.

And management? Remember when the director hired the actors and the owner picked the order in which they were shown. Now you're challenging their authorityl. To that point, I might add, owner vowed 'no more gay boys' will be used. Hey! Other than the ladies, we're all gay here. It's a matter of degree. I refuse to read one more argument about a straight person belonging to this site. If you're straight and you are here, keep it to yourself or get counseling. And if you are gay and belong here, and can't tolerate a few gay models now and then, get counseling. And for God's sake stop trying to skewer the ratings to prove your point. Leave the management to do their job. They did all right for five years. If you don't like the menu go to another restaurant or ask them to add another dish but don't be so rude as to ask them to eliminate one because it's not to your taste, other people order off that same menu and they don't all belong to the forum.

And while we're on that subject - the next time a high school football player from Arlington, Texas with absolutely no manners starts calling members names and you continue to encourage him to flaunt his rudeness because you want to see his nakedness on the futon to the point that you challenge the authority of Broke Straight Boys and those with enough sense to realize what's going on maybe you need to deal with your own issues.

I don't want to be mind police. I just want this place to get over the idea that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America gives one the right to use words to deliberately insult, hurt, humiliate or denigrate without consequence.

AMEN!!!! You said it....how do you think we feel on the management side of things here at our end.

Again, I think the issue is that *WE* in management give the forum members to much advance notice of what is going on and giving out too much info to soon.

Lets go back to the Diesal & Jimmy scenes when Jimmy fucked Diesal I was so excited about this shoot, I place a teaser picture up on the site. Members on this forum "blasted" Mark and I too place this scene up...we even got threats...we didn't put it up that fast...but all the threats we got...we had no choice but to place those scenes up. So now when the next scene of the other Jimmy and Diesal goes up, and it was out of order...we get bitch at here at management...WOW!!! You guys who are bitching are amazing...these are the same guys months ago that wanted see Diesal get fucked...but these guys were soooo impatient that we at management went ahead to satisfy them and place those scenes out of order...since they are out of order..we here them bitching again. The only ones that are to blame on this situation is YOU, the members that bitch about seeing certain scenes that force us to take the content out of order.

Going forward, we are no longer listening to members and Mark and I decided to place the scenes up in order once the HD goes into effect. So bitch all you want...bitch, bitch, bitch...keep bitching....but here at management we are taking a stand.

It goes back to basics...we can't satisfy everyone all of the time, so we are now doing it our way....like it or not :) Because of the bitching, I'm also limiting information of any updates and such because some members of this site can't handle the information and are very impatient. So for those that are hurt by this...don't bitch at me...bitch at the impatient members that keep on beating a dead horse into the ground.

Aquarius and David,

You both make excellent points. I can't stand to see all this negativity. I would much rather see the forum go back in the direction where we asked about each other's loved ones and showed concern for our fellow human beings.

This place needs some levity and certainly some more gaiety. LOL

If members want to brawl and get nasty maybe they should take it underground to the PM's.

David and Mark,

I know that you've been getting beaten up on in here lately. And I'm sorry about that. Not everybody feels that way about the job you're doing. Some of us may find a few of the latest updates less inspiring but I for one am certainly not outraged by them. And I'm willing to wait with antici...pation for the new releases. :001_smile:

Come on people. Lighten up. Please?

People just need to simmer down. I love everything about this site/forum. Even the bad stuff.

Good news all around

Going forward, we are no longer listening to members and Mark and I decided to place the scenes up in order once the HD goes into effect. So bitch all you want...bitch, bitch, bitch...keep bitching....but here at management we are taking a stand.
That's wonderful news David, that you and Mark have agreed to present the new scenes in the order that they were shot. That is what so many of us have been requesting, for as long as there has been a forum. Many of us view the Broke Straight Boys episodes as a reality series, and it certainly makes a lot more sense and adds to my viewing pleasure, when a model is first introduced, and perhaps does a solo, followed by meeting another model and getting into oral and sometimes anal. And as you sometimes reminisce with the models about what they have done on the site in the past, during the shoots David, it is just the right way to present these episodes.

And as far as not telling us about a shoot you did, but that will not be on the site for six months or more, I agree with that too. Don't tell us about it until you are ready to present it for us. That makes good business sense too.

I look forward to the new HD version of Broke Straight Boys, with all the hot new models and the episodes shown in order. Excellent guys:001_smile:. Thank you David and Mark.

And please tell us David and Mark that all the wonderful gay boys that some of us enjoy are still going to be seen occasionally because they so add to my viewing pleasure. It makes such good business sense and has for the past five years.

Oh, yes, and David, continue to pay as much attention, maybe more, to the input you get from those who choose not to belong to the forum regarding content and quality. They pay just as much for their memberships as do the forum members and you are the one who knows what they have to say, not us. That also makes good business sense.

Oh, yes, and David, if once in a while a picture of a dead horse shows up on the forum, please accept it for what it is: a reminder that a picture of bull shit is much less photogenic but the point is just the same.

Being a Fair and Open-minded individual, I decided to go back and re-view this video since a couple of my fellow members whom I hold in high esteem posted that they enjoyed this video.
While I'll admit that the core of this vid was the Broke Straight Boys's out on the town, having a fun time being themselves, I have to stand by my original analogy that it seems as if the camera was handed to a chimpanzee to carry around. Most of the vid is a shot of the world as it looks from the waist down, it's very jerky and rarely focuses on any one subject long enough to allow the viewer time to absorb the moment or the subject, so if one can look past the horrible camera work, I can understand where those of you who can identify the players and landmarks in the video may have enjoyed it.
As for me, I still can't beleive it passed muster. - J

I'm quite shocked that the word "threats" has once again reared up. What kind of threats are you referring to ? Surely if someone was to threaten to hurt you then you could sue them or hand the evidence to the police !! Or take a lesser stance and even bar them from the site. Threatening behaviour is an offence over here and I would expect it to also be an offense in the US.

I think threat means "if you don't hurry up and show me what I want to see" I'll drop my membership. Surely those words have the same meaning in Her Majesty's English as they do here. Now stop trying to change the subject. We're talking about good manners here. Bad manners are an offense now matter how you spell it.

jasonaz, you have made your analogy. We have all read it. It was clever. What was gained by its repetition? It neither sharpened your wit or dulled its effect. I didn't particularly care for the tape either, but then I was always partial to those wonderful still photos that used to appear in the 'tour' section of the forum. I'm sorry those aren't there anymore. Remember the ones that members used to take and post for others to enjoy? The ones from Key West and Mardi Gras last year? I'd be reluctant to post anything if I thought somebody was going to compare my work to a chimpanzee. Get the picture?

Welcome to the forum aquarius

So nice to see a fresh new member joining our little forum, unless you have been here before. Hmmmm, there is something familiar about you that I cannot put my finger on, hmmmm.

If you are indeed new, a very hearty welcome to you Aquarius. If you've been here before, please identify yourself. As we used to say when playing hide and seek when I was a kid, way back in prehistoric times, “Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are”.:cool:

With all due respect, we are working hard to get all the new stuff up on the site. Towards the end of 2009, we did promise many changes to the site for 2010. 2010 has 12 months in the year so within the year you and all the members will be seeing improvements and changes to the site. Rome was not built in a day so take a chill pill my friend. If we can press a magic button and everything can happen instantly, then please forward me that magic button. Nobody from management promised changes on any certain day or time....we just said in 2010. At the moment we only have had 72 days in this year and we still have another 293 days left to go in this year!

I think the point that is being made is not that you guys are taking longer than expected. It's that the quality of videos has dipped dramatically recently. We understand you're busy, technical difficulties arise, etc. etc.

From a marketing standpoint, I can agree that this transition has not been handled very effectively. I'm no professional (I lied... I actually do this type of thing for a living!) but the client relationship could have been maintained more efficiently in the following ways:
  • Double up your filming a few months before the upgrades begin. Then you can release quality shots over the upgrade period instead of dusting off old sub-par shots. There's a reason they weren't published right after they were filmed - they're bullshit.
  • Don't give people THAT much advanced notice. Being in the loop is fun, but waiting forever is agonizing. A good "suspenseful" period of time is 90-120 days. After that, your average client gets tired of waiting.
  • As a continuation to the above, don't let your current standards of quality suffer for an upgrade. To the client, there should be no knowledge that a change is occurring until someone announces it or it has been implemented. If clients start saying "Is something going on? Things seem different!", you've done something wrong.

I'm not bitching, but I'd like to give a more professional view on the complaints. I think a lot of times people don't expect the same professional relationship to occur between a client and a marketing representative compared to a client and a porn site operator. The expectation should be there on both sides, though.

Don't grow balls on the forum and start throwing out harsh names, knowing well that you wouldn't disrespect another vendor in that manner. And in the same respect, don't assume that just because you're providing clients with pleasurable viewing they they will be pleased with any random nude scene you can dig up.

To be honest...I don't think the recent updates are that bad..I really don't know what all the fuss is about with the current updates in the past several weeks. I know I film them...but I don't think they were that bad. Perhaps I'm missing the point here...who knows.

I think threat means "if you don't hurry up and show me what I want to see" I'll drop my membership. Surely those words have the same meaning in Her Majesty's English as they do here. Actually Mr or Mrs know all NO. I remember a while back when there were real threats made against the team but I cannot remember when. Now stop trying to change the subject. Don't try to tell people what they can and cannot do, your earlier post was so diverse in it's content that it could have covered many threads.
We're talking about good manners here. Bad manners are an offense now matter how you spell it.

jasonaz, you have made your analogy. We have all read it. It was clever. What was gained by its repetition? It neither sharpened your wit or dulled its effect. I didn't particularly care for the tape either, but then I was always partial to those wonderful still photos that used to appear in the 'tour' section of the forum. I'm sorry those aren't there anymore. Remember the ones that members used to take and post for others to enjoy? The ones from Key West and Mardi Gras last year? I'd be reluctant to post anything if I thought somebody was going to compare my work to a chimpanzee. Get the picture?

Hiding behind a new name has obviously not dampened your anger or rudeness towards people. I doubt whether it will take a long for some of the more senior members to suss you out.

Whoa Mama...

I tell you, you guys all have way to much energy lol. I have come in from work on the other side of the world and there is all these heat goin on in here.
Us Kiwi's don't get bogged down in all this...we tend to have a beer, chase a few sheep and then have a few more beers.....aahhh the simple life.
I am certainly not being disrespectful to anyone I am actually really proud to associate with a group of guys and gals who have such passion and a way of translating that to the written word.
I don't agree with a lot of the things said but I do think you guys have a cumulatively vast intellect and elequence that makes me proud to be a member of this site.
My writing skills are pretty much humbled by the vast majority of you.

GROUP HUG!!:blushing:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but David, Eddie and Mark basically rock in my opinion. What ever you guys decide to do with regards up dates is fine by me.
I just like watchin hot guys get naked and have sex on film...what can I say I am a simple kiwi. Simple life, simple pleasures.:001_smile:

This is off topic a tad bit, but are we going to get to see the Sean interview soon? I know there is video shot from the events that everyone wants to see, but that interview was mentioned a couple months ago and I really want to see it...

You really should be consistent in your thoughts Jon. In the Diesal and Jimmy thread you talked about that scene being disappointing simply because it was an older scene and being shown out of order. Here you defend a clip that by and large ISN'T up to the normal high standards.

Whether it's a freebie or not is irrelevant. It's on the site, and as such should meet the same standards as everything else. I watched it about 5 minutes and stopped as it annoyed me as it did others. That certainly doesn't mean I like the site any less, or I think it's going downhill, I just think it's a clip that shouldn't have made it on here.

And I've said it in other threads, but I too am getting tired of hearing the "Change is a coming" routine. We all know full well there are 365 days in the year, but we've been hearing this since late November-and here it is March and we're still hearing it. Add to that calling previous models "New", and it leaves a sour taste.

As for the Mary Whitehouse reference, I'm very close to letting my sub lapse until these "changes" finally make an appearance, but your arrogant attitude makes me just want to leave the forums period.

Scott, did i hear your correctly in saying you have a very large gerbil in your ass? hmm well buddy, youre supposed to take him out of the ball before insertion, im pretty sure that large ball with a gerbil inside is causing quite a blockage.