• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball 2019

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
To baseball fans, today is a special day, the beginning of the tradition of our fathers and grandfathers by celebrating Opening Day, a new beginning with all teams starting equally at 0-0, (except for my friend FunBilly's Seattle Mariners & Oakland A's who began last week in Japan). The baseball season is like a soap opera with unanticipated twists and turns going from the chilly days like today through the brutal heat of summer into the fall. To any with a rooting interest in baseball, Good luck to your teams, (but I hope the Yankees win it all and take their 28th World Championship in October). :001_tongue:

8c4207bf-db2e-4067-8b3a-18fbf8a50403.jpg

Play Ball!!!!!!

636705486672149433-USATSI-10770401.jpg

How about a line up of the hottest men on the various teams, preferably at least without their shirts on..........Maybe starting with Buster Posey.......

I'll be wishing the same for my Cards...the number 2 all time Series champs.... :biggrin:
Great traditional MLB team and much like my Yankees, I love the Cardinals traditional uniforms. I am waiting for the first pitch right now.......

Good luck Hardy. :smile: Like I said everyone is tied for first place today. (Except Seattle who is already in first in their division.)

slp2014100617.jpg

aaron-judge-sizes-baseball-best-new-hope.jpg

I googled cute baseball players. At first I thought. KGMets has Mikeyank beat in this category.

D645204E-3D31-47EF-BCEB-2D0CE498E805.jpg

5E7CBFCC-7EE8-4201-959D-CB6A0476D81D.jpg

Then this popped up.

2E58140B-A349-4947-A88E-A62BA103ECF0.jpg

But here is the real story:

361D5EE0-B503-45E7-AC3E-3CDD68CEF8FD.jpg

Last edited:
As far as current "hot" Yankees, no one is in the "Bucky Dent" category.

1c303b97ec7cad3e6999d29486ec20aa.jpg

b8151ae14009815703050508a2b99fdc.jpg

But I think that emerging superstar Aaron Judge is very sexy.

52867451_393529004714022_3099384028206121698_n.jpg

And I have a crush on last yer's rookie phenom Gleyber Torres!

usa_today_10822660.jpg

image.jpeg

Just a quick mention that as Memorial Day has passed and we are at the one third mark of the baseball season, The Yankees despite an incredible string of injuries are playing remarkably well still without key players Judge, Stanton, Didi Gregorius, Dellin Betances and Luis Severino. I understand it is a long season, but it sure has been fun for the first 55 games of the 2019 season.

cut.jpg
862908610.jpg.0.jpg
voit-yankees-alwc.jpg
cut.jpg
usa_today_12727317.0.jpg

To baseball fans, today is a special day, the beginning of the tradition of our fathers and grandfathers by celebrating Opening Day, a new beginning with all teams starting equally at 0-0, (except for my friend FunBilly's Seattle Mariners & Oakland A's who began last week in Japan). The baseball season is like a soap opera with unanticipated twists and turns going from the chilly days like today through the brutal heat of summer into the fall. To any with a rooting interest in baseball, Good luck to your teams, (but I hope the Yankees win it all and take their 28th World Championship in October). :001_tongue:
I started this thread back in late March as the season was starting and now in late September, almost six months later my New York Yankees clinched the American League East title tonight. But there is a long way to go until the end of October when one team wins the World Series. A few years ago, we had a huge Houston Astros fan on the forum, when his team eliminated my Yankees in the American League Championship series. I know that KGMets is still rooting for his Mets team to overcome the odds to make the wild card game. But if we have any other baseball fans on the forum this is the best part of the season coming up as the days grow cool and the baseball gets hot.

Good luck to your favorite team and to my favorite team, the New York Yankees! :thumbup1:

hi-res-ebc1e506b8687df2597446a0efdf8e8b_crop_north.jpg

mfile_1481562_1_L_20190920100549.jpg

Maybe I'm the only baseball fan left on the forum, but I am psyched for Friday and the start of the playoffs for The Yanks & The Twins!

71181570_2424478844477544_2936641007686516736_n.png

Tampa Rays follower here, Mike
So your big game is Wednesday against Oakland out there, Pete. The wild card is an exciting game as it is one game, winner moves on, loser goes home. I am an American League East fan, so go Rays!!!! :thumbup1:

crop_exact_Screenshot_2019-09-29_09.41.54.jpg

I'd love to hear from any other baseball fans on this thread. Even KG who's Mets didn't make it but had a great second half or FunBilly who is a huge Seattle Mariners fan. His team had a bad year but he will be out there on Opening day again next year. I love loyal fans to their teams, win or lose!

So your big game is Wednesday against Oakland out there, Pete. The wild card is an exciting game as it is one game, winner moves on, loser goes home. I am an American League East fan, so go Rays!!!! :thumbup1:

crop_exact_Screenshot_2019-09-29_09.41.54.jpg

I'd love to hear from any other baseball fans on this thread. Even KG who's Mets didn't make it but had a great second half or FunBilly who is a huge Seattle Mariners fan. His team had a bad year but he will be out there on Opening day again next year. I love loyal fans to their teams, win or lose!
I wish I had something to add, but I'm a football guy.

I was asked by a fellow forumite if Yankees manager, Aaron Boone was a "hottie" in his younger days, and my answer is yes. This is a current pic of Aaron at age 46. He is still a handsome man, in my opinion.

USATSI_10737881.jpg

He was a Yankee third baseman in 2003 and hit one of the most famous home runs in Yankee history defeating the Boston Red Sox with a walk off home run in the American League Championship series. This was Aaron then at age 30.

2605816.jpg.jpg

The Yankees swept the Twins 3-0 and now wait for the winner between Houston & Tampa Bay for the American League Championship Series beginning on Saturday. And the hottest Yankee right now is my little hottie, 22 year old Gleyber Torres!!!! :001_tongue:

w640xh480_GettyImages-1174360512.jpg
2d0a5c9c96102c7161c8a81a8f546166.jpg

Well, mikey, as you know, while I'm not a fan of baseball anywhere near your level ( during the season I scan the bball news and scores but only really watch the Series), I've been a Yankees fan since my childhood days. I mean the greatest Yank of them all, The Babe, was born in my hometown of Baltimore.

Then I follow the team where I'm living, and that is the Pittsburgh Pirates. Although with its skinflint owner, the most I can hope for is that the team makes it to .500 - they didn't this year.

And then I feel obliged, in memory of my Father who was a bball fan on your level, to at least follow the Orioles our hometown team. My poor Father has spent many bball seasons spinning in his grave at the ongoing collapse of the Birds. But at least Dad lived during some of the O's glory years, those with Brooks Robinson, Cal Ripken, and so many others.

But I'll be cheering right along with you for the Yanks to go all the way this year!!!!

Well, mikey, as you know, while I'm not a fan of baseball anywhere near your level ( during the season I scan the bball news and scores but only really watch the Series), I've been a Yankees fan since my childhood days. I mean the greatest Yank of them all, The Babe, was born in my hometown of Baltimore.

Then I follow the team where I'm living, and that is the Pittsburgh Pirates. Although with its skinflint owner, the most I can hope for is that the team makes it to .500 - they didn't this year.

And then I feel obliged, in memory of my Father who was a bball fan on your level, to at least follow the Orioles our hometown team. My poor Father has spent many bball seasons spinning in his grave at the ongoing collapse of the Birds. But at least Dad lived during some of the O's glory years, those with Brooks Robinson, Cal Ripken, and so many others.

But I'll be cheering right along with you for the Yanks to go all the way this year!!!!
Thank you my friend! While the Yanks have been the most successful franchise in the history of baseball winning 27 world series, (second place is The St. Louis Cardinals with 11). However the last World Championship won by the Yankees was in 2009 and if they don't make it this year, it will be the first decade since the 1920's without at least one, so for the spirit of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson and Derek Jeter,

images

Thank you Stowe!!!!!!!

I’m not a base ball fan but my partner is an Astros fan. I had to forgo my nightly news programs last night while he watched the game. The good part is we decamped to the local Mexican restaurant during part of the game. It wasn’t even interesting till the end when there was a chance of catching up. So I guess I’m a baseball widow. Something else I never expected to be. In more ways than one because you don’t dare call my buddy, Mikeyank, during a Yankees game.

I’m not a base ball fan but my partner is an Astros fan. I had to forgo my nightly news programs last night while he watched the game. The good part is we decamped to the local Mexican restaurant during part of the game. It wasn’t even interesting till the end when there was a chance of catching up. So I guess I’m a baseball widow. Something else I never expected to be. In more ways than one because you don’t dare call my buddy, Mikeyank, during a Yankees game.
Not during the playoffs Rep. And if Houston beats Tampa Bay on Thursday, it will be New York versus Houston starting on Saturday. We should make a bet. If Houston wins I will wear a “I love Ryan Pitt” shirt and if the Yanks win, you have to wear a shirt that says “Ethan Steel Must Never Bottom” shirt. LOL 😆