• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

*ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS * Please read !!!!

As Tyler chortled about Leon, "Put him on the Forum. Give him a card." Long dude, you have deffo earned your card. You have the right kind of elasticity for the best kind of Forum participation: you value the debate itself more than the winning of a point. How can I say that in a much wordier way? Uh. I'll guess I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

i dont think the fact he purposefully got everyone riled up is comendable at all. then fingers get pointed at people and feelings are hurt. because of his shit, i sat back and watched as jon publically blamed me for what happened with everything else and people leaving. if y'all think that was my doing and intentions then please say so now, so i can just go back to my cave, and simply stay out of everything.

on that note, if anyone has a beef with me, come out with it now. carking i would just love to hear what else you think of me. what i have to say about that, being a drunk drug addict with the mouth of a sailor, none of you know me! deidra knows me. sha knows me. diesal and austin both know me. because they got to see the real me. y'all only get a snippet of what i am on this forum!

i dont think the fact he purposefully got everyone riled up is comendable at all. then fingers get pointed at people and feelings are hurt. because of his shit, i sat back and watched as jon publically blamed me for what happened with everything else and people leaving. if y'all think that was my doing and intentions then please say so now, so i can just go back to my cave, and simply stay out of everything.
Joseph, stay right here on the forum and speak your mind. We don't all have to agree to keep posting. Sometimes we get a bit "carried away" and say some things that we may regret, but to me, the purpose of this forum is to state our opinions, openly and candidly. While I don't like it when someone is rude toward another member, but we are all adults and an uncensored forum is a hell of a lot more interesting than a "nicey nice" place where we are all pc and only state how much we love one another.

Let's all be real, and we all have the right to speak up, so my answer is a resounding NO. Please don't "just go back to my cave, and simply stay out of everything". You have an important voice on the forum, so please remain an active member here. There is room for all of us here including yourself, Longtimefan, Carking, Jon and myself.

And let's also remember that the forum should be a fun place, a diversion from the sometimes harsh realities of life. It's a place where we can openly discuss our attraction to the hot guys that David films, as well as a myriad of other topics. Please don't take anything that goes down here too seriously. It's part of a site that we pay for, for our enjoyment.

Boo...I had your cave filled in with cement. You aint going nowhere....

on that note, if anyone has a beef with me, come out with it now. carking i would just love to hear what else you think of me. what i have to say about that, being a drunk drug addict with the mouth of a sailor, none of you know me! deidra knows me. sha knows me. diesal and austin both know me. because they got to see the real me. y'all only get a snippet of what i am on this forum!

I think it was just a whole concatenation (sorry guys but that's the word) of bad coincidences that led to your being misinterpreted and vilified, that, and the fact that you're so mega out-there with your personal brand of humor which not everyone's willing to go along with when it gets too disgusting for them.

But they've probably said OTT stuff in conversation themselves, maybe thinking to amuse, only to have it fall flat. You should keep on reporting when you barf on the buds or donate your reproductive organs to "Feed The Children" since you're usually funny in a hip, run-on, joe sort of way. You write like a blond gay brokie, Aiden (October 19th, 2009) talks, which is cool. And you'd get a 10 for sure from the people you name who know you in person, partly because your humor almost certainly improves a lot with the support of intonation, expression and body language. On the other hand don't expect ANYone to like you just because D and BiG, or even Diesal and Austin do. I like you almost in spite of that.

There, I've done it myself. Drat.

Joey, if you didn't try to make everything about you all the time, you probably wouldn't be attacked by haters so much. Just an observation, that's all.:wink:

Wow, I found this thread way too late. First, thanks BiGurl for putting all those pics up. It was a good idea and worth clicking on the thread just to see the pics. Something about seeing them arranged differently gave them a fresh look. And for what's it's worth, I love the fact that there are women on this forum. All-Weiner Fests might have their occasional time and place if there's a reason, but in general, variety is far more interesting.

I know I'm new to this forum, even though I've been following Broke Straight Boys off and on practically since the beginning. I'm not used to a forum this small where most seem to know each other. Jumping from topic to topic it's funny to see the same people repeating similar conflicts, just under a different subject matter.

I don't know the whole story behind everyone, but have pieced together bits here and there like a puzzle. I take it that the clashes must not be too deep since everyone returns and the process repeats itself.

I'm just making an observation here so don't take it to mean anything. I sure as hell don't wanna rile up a hornet's nest! But from a relatively outside point of view, it seems like people don't have to be boringly PC to show respect to each other. I mean, it's just common sense to think about how the other person is going react. That doesn't mean there won't be conflicts anyway, certainly with all the personalities involved here. And some people like to push buttons to get a reaction. But it doesn't seem necessary to do it on purpose when it can happen so easily anyway.

It seems it always starts out with somebody saying something they think is funny and the other person takes it as an attack then a ping pong match of put-downs until they leave and rest up for the next match.

Maybe you guys really do actually enjoy that, and if that's the case it's all good. I'm not especially fond of drama myself. I went through that for years and in a sense it relieved boredom and it can even be addicting, but the negative emotions I was building up didn't seem to have a good effect on me.

Although I go out of my way not to offend anyone, it isn't so much because I'm trying to be PC, it's because when I feel attacked I find that I can easily go into a dark mode and before I know it I'm going for the jugular. It's far more lethal when it comes from somebody you don't expect.

I don't really like who I am after the fact though. But that's just me. It actually takes a lot to offend me and I say talk as dirty, disgusting and offensive as you want, but just think about it twice when you are directing it at an individual. You don't have to censor yourself, it's just that calling people out in a public forum, even with the best intentions, is often taken by the receiving end as an attempt to humiliate them in front of the others, so naturally they're gonna fire back. That doesn't mean it has to get boring. It actually might do the opposite and start conversations instead of insults, which seem to kill a thread. Maybe people who were afraid to participate might join in. In any case, there's always gonna be conflict, but try and have fun for chrissakes. It's just a website anyway.

I agree Toddo777. Debate and conflict can be a lot of fun. I can debate and defend the hotness of Diesal/Jimmie all day.:001_wub::001_tt2: Personal attacks are not so fun.

I also think, since Longtimefan got on the thread and told everybody, that he says things just to start trouble, that no one is listening now. Especially since this was a rude comment, directed at one person.

Well said indeed toddo777!

Todd, you old soul. Reading your fair, balanced and well reasoned post made me reflect on the degree to which your observations apply to me. It came to me just now that I'm so wordy, and possibly so willing to push it a bit on this forum, because it's almost the only place I go where English is the lingua franca. My everyday existence is all done in Spanish. So this is an outlet for me, which I may sometimes abuse.

The flip side is that living in Spain presents it's own issues. Just the act of talking is an art here. European Spanish is rich and evolutive, ironic and perverse. There's an agreeable complexity to being funny, and dumb doesn't hack it. When 3 or 4 hip Spaniards are dissecting a subject they can say almost anything to each other in "friendly" debate. You really don't take umbrage since you're already in the process of topping the insult before the moment passes. There's a sort of giddy, ever-escalating buzz to be had from good conversation with clever Spaniards. Addictive. Not conducive to brevity. A bit bloody.

Thanks for your post. This reply doesn't answer it, but I wanted to, uh, "share". You did for me what you're doing here in general, making people think.

@Ms.K - Yeah, I'd rather discuss the hotties too. If I'm in the mood for some real confrontation, I'll head to a political forum where it gets brutal. Here I'd rather make love not war!

@MissD - Hey thanks!

@slimvintage - You bring up a good point. We all come from different cultural backgrounds. Not just differences between countries, but also different generations, family traditions, educations, sexual identities, lifestyles, regions, socio-economic groups, etc...... all the down to different tastes in music and how we dress. Even people living next door to you can have a totally different way of living and thinking.

The only thing that really connects us all seems to be a similar taste in guys. So we're coming here with quite different viewpoints on about everything but liking the models and even then we are all unique. This means we're all gonna communicate differently and have different expectations as to how we wish to be treated. Our intentions aren't always clear to other people.

Good example with Spanish conversation. It works because they have a shared understanding of what is happening. I have friends who I can call a dumbass or shithead and know they won't be hurt or mad. Other friends I'd never talk like that to because it isn't part of our dynamic. A couple of years ago I had a boyfriend who's sense of humor was teasing, ribbing and playful putdowns. I misunderstood his intentions and felt hurt. Week after week the constant teasing caused me to respond the same way. Only I did so out of anger and he could tell. This made him think that I was the asshole saying mean things for no reason. So he responded in anger too.

It eventually caused us to break up. I pondered the reason for a long time and realized what had happened. Just because we perceive something one way, doesn't mean that it's necessarily true. He was quite a bit younger than me and looking back I was the same way at that age. My experiences have changed the way I talk to other people, but I can't expect him to do that overnight, even if he wanted to.

My point is that we need to understand that no one else here will see things exactly like we do. That doesn't mean they're wrong or stupid, they're the way they are according to whatever life has made them. Like someone said earlier, despite the fights there is still a connection. It's too easy to hit the reply button instead of thinking about where someone is coming from. I don't mind people who are sarcastic, if I know that is who they are consistently. It has less meaning if they are always that way. But if a normally polite person says something mean-spirited I know they are pissed. It's just a matter of determining where people are coming from. If everyone knows a person to be a rude jerk all the time, then it's no big deal because it's expected. It's all common sense anyway. Oh well, nuff said. I REALLY have to stop writing these long stream of consciousness posts or they're gonna be a book!