• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

10 random facts about you.

Hey Will,

Thanks for sharing all that with us. Your workplace looks like it could be pretty fun to work at. Lots of responsibility and only a handful of people who know how to do it really well, I'm guessing.

What do you mean by social engineering? And what aspects do you see as ethical vs. unethical?

oi...Novell Netware 3.12 I was a subcontractor at a job with 3.12 servers and the server room was mechanically locked with a physical lock and key. I made a wager I could circumvent the network with the sysadmin. I opened the door with my state-issued ID card and then ran a BIN hack on the server changing the superadmin password to blank and then gave a guest account superadmin rights.

Sysadmins are a funny lot.

The job could be so more much fun if not for these little monsters, called end users.

Hey Will,

Thanks for sharing all that with us. Your workplace looks like it could be pretty fun to work at. Lots of responsibility and only a handful of people who know how to do it really well, I'm guessing.

What do you mean by social engineering? And what aspects do you see as ethical vs. unethical?

I create pretexting, phishing, tailgating, ivr phishing attacks and unleash them on people I know without them knowing I am running the exercise. None of the information gathered is sensitive and the majority of the information that is requested is from me listening to them talk on the cell phones in the hallway or break rooms. Then if they divulge any info, I hand back a sheet of what was sent to me and show them the tactics of scammers and proper procedures with dealing with blackhat attempts.

The movie Sneakers is a good ethical vs. unethical. The Sneakers team are the Greyhats that are more whitehat than black. His friend across the way is the blackhat.

The job could be so more much fun if not for these little monsters, called end users.

True. My last netadmin before I left the company kept asking me if I had a logic bomb that was dependent on regular Active Directory logins and if by leaving, if something would occur. There are some good uses to sharing what you know and then there are the paranoid Net and Sysadmins that trust only in Service Pack updates ^_^

If I can get through a solid month without someone reading about how some rich prince needs some anonymous citizen in a foreign land to help offload their account and just needs their bank info... I'll be a bit happier.

No worries, my energies go towards Deadpool on the Xbox 360, playing Mass Effect 3 on the PC, studying network certification books, occasional use of A4A and a whole bunch of use browsing this awesome site and it's bonus content which blows the idea of "KISS" well out of the water.

I've always had this fantasy whenever I've gotten a virus downloaded into my computer (including "just" spyware for malicious intent) of being able to push a magic button that would send an electronic surge right back to the black hatter. One that would fry every bit of his or their computer network. Would that be illegal vigilante justice? lol A guy can dream. Can't he?

illegal vigilante justice? Hmm.. In today's society any vigilante behavior is generally illegal. However, we're Americans... I'm sure you could get away with it. Bless our corrupted political machine. *Maintains Innocent look*

The main issue would be if they are hiding behind a good enough layer of defense. You could technically trace them down to a generalized area and then you could presumably create an overload on the transformers in the area to create shorts. Or shoot at the fiber optic lines with a BB gun. Fiber splicers hate trying to find BB-related damage.

Well, in my defense I did use the word "justice" in all that. lmao

In my fantasy it's more of a surgical precision strike. One that wipes out all the bad guy's expensive equipment (including of course all memory files) without any collateral damage or inconvenience to other law abiding citizens. And don't get me started on the especially prolific spammers who try to fill up my inbox with ads on a daily basis. :cuss:

Another fact I suppose I could share is that I am 6'1" and in 2006 was 325 lbs. By 2008 I was 240 lbs and as of today I am at 223 lbs. So appearance wise, I'm a bit of a cub. My body hair is mostly fine, so I seem hairless in some places. heh

Main change was removing sodas from my diet. Now I need to find a drive to workout. The apartment gym is quite nice and each building has it's own dedicated gym room.

mg_1942.jpg

Another fact I suppose I could share is that I am 6'1" and in 2006 was 325 lbs. By 2008 I was 240 lbs and as of today I am at 223 lbs. So appearance wise, I'm a bit of a cub. My body hair is mostly fine, so I seem hairless in some places. heh

Main change was removing sodas from my diet. Now I need to find a drive to workout. The apartment gym is quite nice and each building has it's own dedicated gym room.

View attachment 10611

congrats on the change of life...you go! I usually do a good bit of walking, but not in the Texas summer heat; I like to sweat, but only when my husband is involved! :par50:

View attachment 10611

Congratulations on the weight loss BB. Over 100 lbs. Wow! There's a lot less of you than there used to be. lol And I'm sure your heart thanks you for it. :)

You're right about finding the ambition to work out. Simply walking past gym equipment isn't going to magically suck the calories from your body. haha

View attachment 10611

That is amazing, congrats. :D

The 10 facts about me.

1. I'm German, Italian, French, Spanish. :D
2. My name is David but everybody calls me Dave.
3. I'm no into "FemBot's".
4. I forget to cut my nails.
5. I hate being single.
6. I was in the army reserves for 8 years, and loved it.
7. I was in a 3way once.
8. I'm trying to quit smoking.
9. I'd go straight for Johnny
10. I can't stand bitchy people. lol