• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Welcome to the site chat, comments & suggestions

Btw….I’m aware that you can mark the forum read. I’m just wondering if there is a way to mark specific threads. If there is already a way to do this, please help. Lol

In thinking upon your original question further Jay, the only remedy that comes to mind is to go ahead and open the uninteresting (to you) thread (either by first or last page) and then immediately close out of it by backspacing. Then the thread will drop from your current active list as it pretends that you've read it. I always use the "New Posts" tab for entering the forum. So the threads I've already read, with no new comments or activity, drop from the list. However if you are just going into the main forum without the "New Posts" feature it will of course continue to show all fairly recent threads regardless of whether you have already read them or not.

In thinking upon your original question further Jay, the only remedy that comes to mind is to go ahead and open the uninteresting (to you) thread (either by first or last page) and then immediately close out of it by backspacing. Then the thread will drop from your current active list as it pretends that you've read it. I always use the "New Posts" tab for entering the forum. So the threads I've already read, with no new comments or activity, drop from the list. However if you are just going into the main forum without the "New Posts" feature it will of course continue to show all fairly recent threads regardless of whether you have already read them or not.
It was my friend Ms.K who taught me the same thing, Tampa. I always use, “new posts” to see whatever I missed. If a thread is uninteresting to me, I just click on it for a second, and click new posts again and move on to the other threads. It is how I keep everything “neat and tidy” and up to date for my self.

On a side note, Peter will remember the time I got into an online argument with Damien Kyle over that issue. One day, Damien decided to respond to literally over 100 threads from the past. Every time I click on new posts to clear my list, he would open up three more. He must have been online on the forum for hours doing it. When I complained, Damien Kyle lashed back at me as did many forum members. Peter knows I got yelled at by my boss at work that day as well, and Peter and I refer to that day as, “Black Friday”. Everywhere I went that day, I got yelled at. lol

All problems should be so easy to solve. I am one who looks at all new posts, & find most interesting but that's just lil old me!

Site has stopped working for me, it rejects my id/pw and can not post further, sorry

Site has stopped working for me, it rejects my id/pw and can not post further, sorry

Surely I am not alone in this issue. I just was able to logoff & back on but still can't post images!

Even posting this last comment was a battle!

Surely I am not alone in this issue. I just was able to logoff & back on but still can't post images!

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/forumdisplay.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at members.Broke Straight Boys.com Port 80

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/forumdisplay.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at members.Broke Straight Boys.com Port 80

Ted (BluMedia Support)

Dec 23, 2021, 1:50 PM MST

Hi there,

I apologize about that, our host is currently experiencing and outage and they are working on restoring service. I'll let you know as soon as everything is back up.
Thank you,
Ted