• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Poor internet connection to the USA

joninliverton

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Over the last few days I've been getting pretty horrendously slow connection and download speeds from US sites only. Average speeds are about 85kb/sec whereas UK and European sites I'm getting 1.9MB/Sec.

Anyone else from overseas experiencing the same ? What's the situation within the US regarding transfer speeds ?

I just did a speed test with Cnet and got 1483 Kbs so that is not to bad but I to have felt like things have been a bit slower the last few days. For example normally when I stream watch a video it will open up Windows media and start playing within a few seconds. It usually has it completely downloaded and I can fast forward or reverse by the time the video is about half done. Today I actually timed out the buffer and it paused and had to catch up. Just think if we had to go back to dial up??

I just did a speed test with Cnet and got 1483 Kbs so that is not to bad but I to have felt like things have been a bit slower the last few days. For example normally when I stream watch a video it will open up Windows media and start playing within a few seconds. It usually has it completely downloaded and I can fast forward or reverse by the time the video is about half done. Today I actually timed out the buffer and it paused and had to catch up. Just think if we had to go back to dial up??

Well at 85kb/sec it seems like dial up lol. But I've noticed it's just not downloading films either. It takes a few seconds for me to navigate from one thread to another and takes about 4 secs for the system to save a post. If yo're getting 1483 then my issue must be the link between the UK and USA.

Hope this aint Obama's doing. LOL

Still having connection isses?

try using this site to pick a server to test? speedtest.net