• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Ponderings for April 16th 2022

I'm feeling a bit blue today, so instead of just watching TV tonight I decided to keep busy and make a batch of from scratch english muffins at like 9 PM LOL They came out pretty good I must say for my first attempt. I think tomorrow I may make some pancakes for my Dad after I have my eggs, english muffin and corned beef hash. He seems to like them, and I haven't made them in months (I rarely eat bread)

My back has been achy the past week, I took an Aleve and I'm hoping I can get some sleep. I'm still losing weight (almost 90 lbs down now) so yay on that. I'm just rambling here I know LOL 🤣

I'm feeling a bit blue today, so instead of just watching TV tonight I decided to keep busy and make a batch of from scratch english muffins at like 9 PM LOL They came out pretty good I must say for my first attempt. I think tomorrow I may make some pancakes for my Dad after I have my eggs, english muffin and corned beef hash. He seems to like them, and I haven't made them in months (I rarely eat bread)

My back has been achy the past week, I took an Aleve and I'm hoping I can get some sleep. I'm still losing weight (almost 90 lbs down now) so yay on that. I'm just rambling here I know LOL 🤣
Congrads on your weight lose .

Congrats on the weight loss that is hard to do.

Keep up the great work Chac. And enjoy your week off. And I love how good you are to your dad. He is a very fortunate man to have a wonderful son like you.

Today is an “off day” in my semi-retired life and this afternoon I decided to go out for a slice of pizza, (something us New Yorker’s are famous for. Lol). When I was out this morning it was warm and muggy and I was surprised that the humidity had dropped and the breeze was blowing and it felt like an autumn day out. So after my slice, I took a walk down to The Promenade to sit and people watch.

The sky was really cool looking with clouds and sun and I took out my “handy dandy” iPhone to capture the late afternoon views.

IMG_3867.jpeg
IMG_3868.jpeg
IMG_3869.jpeg

In addition to the great views of The East River, Lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, I looked to my right and saw a group of young people hanging out. As pretty as the city views are, hot young guys are even prettier to me. They even appeared to pose for me, but I think they were posing for one of their own group. :wink:

IMG_3870.jpeg
IMG_3871.jpeg
IMG_3872.jpeg

We had torrential rain and a tornado warning mid day, but I still was able to take a nice walk later in the afternoon down at the beach. The seas were angry today and the winds were whipping. Lots of families there all enjoying fun in the sun despite the rain earlier, it's just so beautiful at the beach, I understand why people want beach houses, there is something tranquil about listening to the waves crash against the shoreline

We had torrential rain and a tornado warning mid day, but I still was able to take a nice walk later in the afternoon down at the beach. The seas were angry today and the winds were whipping. Lots of families there all enjoying fun in the sun despite the rain earlier, it's just so beautiful at the beach, I understand why people want beach houses, there is something tranquil about listening to the waves crash against the shoreline
Are you on Cape Cod or near there? I love P-Town and have been to Hyannis Port. I also recently watched a YouTube video on Nantucket. Very pretty there and fascinating history. Very pretty part of country in New England. I love Boston too. But not Red Sox. :sneaky2:

Are you on Cape Cod or near there? I love P-Town and have been to Hyannis Port. I also recently watched a YouTube video on Nantucket. Very pretty there and fascinating history. Very pretty part of country in New England. I love Boston too. But not Red Sox. :sneaky2:
Yes, I'm there. Whilst not a die hard Red Sox fan, the rivalry is real 😂

Yes, I'm there. Whilst not a die hard Red Sox fan, the rivalry is real 😂
I love Boston and I’ve been to more games at Fenway Park than any other ball park other than Yankee Stadium. For a period of five or six years I’d go with three friends there every summer for a weekend series between the Yanks & Sox. We’d stay in town or across in Cambridge. Fun times.

Not much going on here, I had to buy a new mattress, my old one was causing too many aches and pains (got 7.5 years out of it). I went to the local store and played Goldilocks and tried every single mattress they had in the showroom 😂. I settled on a Tempur-Pedic hybrid and had it delivered this week. Three nights later I'm still getting used to it and it needs to break in a bit more still a bit stiff but I'm liking it so far. I didn't like the price though 🤑🤑. When did shit get so expensive??? hahaha

Hope everyone is well!

Not much going on here, I had to buy a new mattress, my old one was causing too many aches and pains (got 7.5 years out of it). I went to the local store and played Goldilocks and tried every single mattress they had in the showroom 😂. I settled on a Tempur-Pedic hybrid and had it delivered this week. Three nights later I'm still getting used to it and it needs to break in a bit more still a bit stiff but I'm liking it so far. I didn't like the price though 🤑🤑. When did shit get so expensive??? hahaha

Hope everyone is well!
I bought a new mattress last year after a lot longer than 7.5 years. It took me several weeks to get used to it, mainly because the box spring was higher and the mattress is so thick that I felt like I was literally “climbing” into bed. And sitting on the edge of the bed trying to put my socks on, I felt like a little kid as my feet were swinging off the side. But now close to a year later, it was a great move. I sleep sp much better. It’s the kind of thing where I didn’t realize how much I needed it until I had it. Within a few weeks, you will be one happy man, Chac!!!!

I guess as we grow older, our ponderings tend to focus on the passage of time, as the clock seems to move faster as the years pass. Here we are in the midst of Labor Day Weekend, 2023, the unofficial end of summer with fall and winter coming on fast. It has been a very hot summer in New York City, although not as hot as in much of the rest of the U.S. and the world and for that I am grateful.

I am grateful to be in relatively good health and able to go into work twice a week, and a bit more right now for busy season and to be able to enjoy getting out and about in my city. Friends and relatives try to get me to travel with them to Europe or wherever, but I am quite content to spend my days right here in New York City.

I wish all my fellow forumites a great Labor Day weekend and hope you get to relax and bit and enjoy the waning days of Summer, 2023.

IMG_2023.jpeg

I guess as we grow older, our ponderings tend to focus on the passage of time, as the clock seems to move faster as the years pass. Here we are in the midst of Labor Day Weekend, 2023, the unofficial end of summer with fall and winter coming on fast. It has been a very hot summer in New York City, although not as hot as in much of the rest of the U.S. and the world and for that I am grateful.

I am grateful to be in relatively good health and able to go into work twice a week, and a bit more right now for busy season and to be able to enjoy getting out and about in my city. Friends and relatives try to get me to travel with them to Europe or wherever, but I am quite content to spend my days right here in New York City.

I wish all my fellow forumites a great Labor Day weekend and hope you get to relax and bit and enjoy the waning days of Summer, 2023.

View attachment 157251

Happy Labor Day!

We are having a “mini heat wave” again in early September which is taking away from the “September feel” of post Labor Day, but the local schools will be starting again this week and the parents walking their kids to the bus stop or to their local schools, and the folks who were on August vacation will trickle back home. As I stopped in several shops this morning, deliveries were coming in and the staffers all seemed very friendly and chipper as everyone is ready to move on from summer into fall.

I hope the transition from summer is going well for all, as before you know it Halloween decorations will be up, and then Thanksgiving and so on and so forth. Have a great start to your week as another season is about to begin!

IMG_2024.jpeg

I completed my busy season at work and this week go back to my two day a week semi-retired status which is just the way I like it, enough of the “working world” to keep me engaged and my mind sharp and to also help me appreciate my other days off, a perfect blend for me.

I slept late and was just out to do my morning chores and we have turned a corner weather wise on this September 19th 2023, there is an early fall like feel in the air, while we still have four more days of summer, until the season officially turns. The trees are still green, but over the weekend I noticed some home owners and building superintendents begin the process of sweeping falling leaves. I didn’t notice many fallen leaves on the ground today, but I did see a few. I took out my trusty iPhone camera to record the beginning of the season change.

A couple of days ago on the “Members Favourite Musing” thread, I posted the great Joni Mitchell song from the late sixties, called, “Circle Game”. I notice more and more as I age, how quickly the seasons “go round and round”.

“And the seasons, they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return, we can only look
Behind, from where we came
And go round and round and round, in the circle game”

Here are my pics from this morning of the still basically green leaves on the trees with just a hint of changing leaves and a few now on the ground………..

IMG_3946.jpeg
IMG_3945.jpeg
IMG_3942.jpeg
IMG_3944.jpeg

I completed my busy season at work and this week go back to my two day a week semi-retired status which is just the way I like it, enough of the “working world” to keep me engaged and my mind sharp and to also help me appreciate my other days off, a perfect blend for me.

I slept late and was just out to do my morning chores and we have turned a corner weather wise on this September 19th 2023, there is an early fall like feel in the air, while we still have four more days of summer, until the season officially turns. The trees are still green, but over the weekend I noticed some home owners and building superintendents begin the process of sweeping falling leaves. I didn’t notice many fallen leaves on the ground today, but I did see a few. I took out my trusty iPhone camera to record the beginning of the season change.

A couple of days ago on the “Members Favourite Musing” thread, I posted the great Joni Mitchell song from the late sixties, called, “Circle Game”. I notice more and more as I age, how quickly the seasons “go round and round”.

“And the seasons, they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return, we can only look
Behind, from where we came
And go round and round and round, in the circle game”

Here are my pics from this morning of the still basically green leaves on the trees with just a hint of changing leaves and a few now on the ground………..

View attachment 160470View attachment 160471View attachment 160472View attachment 160473

That's a beautiful song by Joni, actually probably the first one I listened to at your recommendation. It too is absolutely gorgeous here, a low dew point and in the low 60s now. It's perfect sleeping Temp.

I love this time of year, the season change bringing crisp fall air back (instead of the insufferable high humidity and heat). And pumpkin spice and apple cider. God do I love a nice hot mulled apple cider on a cold night.

Today is a cool rainy first day of fall in New York City, and the forecast is pretty much the same for the whole weekend. But I am quite content, as I hadn’t made any outdoor plans and I am quite comfortable in my apartment with my big screen TV to watch YouTube and maybe venture into some Netflix or Prime and some NFL tomorrow.

Nothing terribly exciting but overall not bad………

IMG_2063.jpeg

You do realize calendar dates do not reflect actual seasonal changes. Seasonal changes are controlled weather patterns that change yearly. Imposed on that or climate changes and those have Steadily increased in New York from the late nineteenth century.