• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Ponderings for April 16th 2022

I am glad you liked it. May I suggest you explore the venue there are so many beautiful songs and what makes it even greater the singers, male & female have awesome voices.

I so love the Forum which allows little olde me to babble on and on and on!

Darron is an amazing player , he has just appeared in a new video whose pictures I have just posted on my thread.

I was at the pharmacy earlier where I got the Flu Vaccine in my right arm and the Covid Booster in the left. I am so glad that I finally got both taken care of together. Of course one never knows when a new virus of some sort will pop up, but for now, I feel good about being immunized.

While I had my appointment for 11:30 AM, and I got a text to check in online, which I did, I still had to sit and wait 35 minutes to get my shots. I was sitting next to the checkout counter where folks were picking up their prescriptions and I listened as each person was asked for their name and date of birth. I played a game with myself trying to guess their dates of birth. I was amazed at how many folks were born in 1990 or 1992. I was already in my forties when they were born. lol. But there were a few ā€œgeezersā€ older than me, so I know I am not the oldest person in my neighborhood. lolololol

I was at the pharmacy earlier where I got the Flu Vaccine in my right arm and the Covid Booster in the left. I am so glad that I finally got both taken care of together. Of course one never knows when a new virus of some sort will pop up, but for now, I feel good about being immunized.

While I had my appointment for 11:30 AM, and I got a text to check in online, which I did, I still had to sit and wait 35 minutes to get my shots. I was sitting next to the checkout counter where folks were picking up their prescriptions and I listened as each person was asked for their name and date of birth. I played a game with myself trying to guess their dates of birth. I was amazed at how many folks were born in 1990 or 1992. I was already in my forties when they were born. lol. But there were a few ā€œgeezersā€ older than me, so I know I am not the oldest person in my neighborhood. lolololol
I am one of those geesers. What happens in the southern hemisphere precedes what happens here by half a year & yes more Covid related stuff is on the way.

Last week, I had the same combination of vaccines in the same two arms as you had. Other than being stuck twice, it wasn't a bad experience. Later that night however, I woke up with a fever and then later with my teeth chattering and just feeling kind of awful. Luckily the whole crappy feeling was gone later the next day. I hope you feel well and don't experience any adverse effects. I still think we are better off being vaccinated as there are a lot of people getting sick. Take care.

Last week, I had the same combination of vaccines in the same two arms as you had. Other than being stuck twice, it wasn't a bad experience. Later that night however, I woke up with a fever and then later with my teeth chattering and just feeling kind of awful. Luckily the whole crappy feeling was gone later the next day. I hope you feel well and don't experience any adverse effects. I still think we are better off being vaccinated as there are a lot of people getting sick. Take care.

Thank you for that warning that I may still experience issues later tonight. So far, eight hours after the double jab Iā€™m still good. I will report back on this thread how I feel later or tomorrow morning.

And I totally agree with you that we are so much better off getting the vaccines and dealing with any mild reactions than experiencing Covid or a bad flu. I really appreciate your words of wisdom. Please become a regular contributor here rcheswick. I enjoy hearing from you and what you have to say. :001_smile:

Yes, my youngest got Covid despite all the jabs & it was like the worst flu he ever had but without the fever.

Yes, my youngest got Covid despite all the jabs & it was like the worst flu he ever had but without the fever.

Yes there are exceptions however the statistics are overwhelming as to how well vaccinated people are protected as opposed to the unvaccinated. Of course pre-existing conditions are a factor too, however the vast majority of those vaccinated are so much better off than those who are are not.

Yes there are exceptions however the statistics are overwhelming as to how well vaccinated people are protected as opposed to the unvaccinated. Of course pre-existing conditions are a factor too, however the vast majority of those vaccinated are so much better off than those who are are not.
Agree & so did he.

Thank you for that warning that I may still experience issues later tonight. So far, eight hours after the double jab Iā€™m still good. I will report back on this thread how I feel later or tomorrow morning.

And I totally agree with you that we are so much better off getting the vaccines and dealing with any mild reactions than experiencing Covid or a bad flu. I really appreciate your words of wisdom. Please become a regular contributor here rcheswick. I enjoy hearing from you and what you have to say. :001_smile:

I said that Iā€™d report back in the morning and you were right rcheswick! I couldnā€™t sleep well and had a pain in both arms where I was injected. I also felt very weak but decided that I do want to go to work today, and although I am not 100% but I do feel better and will go into the office. I took two Tylenol and as I only work two days a week but being the manager of a different business for over thirty years, I hate workers who call in sick and I am off again until Monday so I will give it the old college try!

A3355F81-1D9D-491E-ABBB-BD8F52889C32.gif

My middle son also hd the series of shots you gad yesterday & he, too, today is not feeling good. Heck I don't need shots to not feel good!

I said that Iā€™d report back in the morning and you were right rcheswick! I couldnā€™t sleep well and had a pain in both arms where I was injected. I also felt very weak but decided that I do want to go to work today, and although I am not 100% but I do feel better and will go into the office. I took two Tylenol and as I only work two days a week but being the manager of a different business for over thirty years, I hate workers who call in sick and I am off again until Monday so I will give it the old college try!

View attachment 101558
Hopefully you will be back to 100% by the end of the day. My symptoms didn't last more than 24hrs. I appreciate your work ethic and hope that you had a good day at work.

Do to a number of things I find I now have a lot of extra time. Combine with health issues it leads to down periods & that is never a good thing. But not to worry there are also up times as well

Hopefully you will be back to 100% by the end of the day. My symptoms didn't last more than 24hrs. I appreciate your work ethic and hope that you had a good day at work.

Aww! That is very sweet of you. And I did have a good day at work despite my side effects of the double jab yesterday. But as you said the symptoms got easier as the day went on. But now I am ready to go to sleep. Eating and TV can wait. My bed looks mighty good right now. :001_smile: