• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Ponderings for April 16th 2022

I'm pondering what color to repaint my bathroom ceiling. Had a water leak from my upstairs neighbor and had to rip out a chunk of my ceiling due to it being stained and soft. I have the classic 70s avocado green tiles, I'm leaning towards just a flat white (I'm totally clueless when it comes to colors as I'm colorblind and couldn't coordinate color to save my life 😬)

This has been my project for today as it has been raining most of the day.

I'm pondering what color to repaint my bathroom ceiling. Had a water leak from my upstairs neighbor and had to rip out a chunk of my ceiling due to it being stained and soft. I have the classic 70s avocado green tiles, I'm leaning towards just a flat white (I'm totally clueless when it comes to colors as I'm colorblind and couldn't coordinate color to save my life 😬)

This has been my project for today as it has been raining most of the day.

You are doing it yourself? You’d make for great husband material Chac. Luckily I live in an apartment and the super does all the manly stuff. 😎

You are doing it yourself? You’d make for great husband material Chac. Luckily I live in an apartment and the super does all the manly stuff. 😎

LOL! Yup, I don't mind doing my own repairs, I built a corner of a house in shop in highschool. It's a great feeling fixing stuff and seeing a job well-done. I even can fix cars! I did 95% of the repairs on my 1993 Buick until the engine fell on the ground from rusting (it had 323k miles when she gave up and screamed "enough" 😆). I swapped the transverse leaf spring in 10 degrees weather once, now that was a job and a half!

Nowadays I pay someone to work on my car, I've done my share of repairs and am at the point I really don't want to be doing that anymore. My current car was brand new and the one prior was a CPO (certified pre-owned), they come with a warranty so the bills aren't that much now.

I'm lucky that my Dad was able to pass on his mechanical knowledge to me and my brother and when growing up it was out of necessity we learned how to fix stuff, we couldn't afford to replace it or buy new. There were times we barely had enough money to buy milk and bread. My Mom could whip up a meal with whatever was in the pantry, I learned how to cook from her (I make a mean spaghetti sauce and a devine scallops with a white wine garlic cream sauce)

Now if I could only find me a guy to marry so I could spoil him with yummy foods 🙃

LOL! Yup, I don't mind doing my own repairs, I built a corner of a house in shop in highschool. It's a great feeling fixing stuff and seeing a job well-done. I even can fix cars! I did 95% of the repairs on my 1993 Buick until the engine fell on the ground from rusting (it had 323k miles when she gave up and screamed "enough" 😆). I swapped the transverse leaf spring in 10 degrees weather once, now that was a job and a half!

Nowadays I pay someone to work on my car, I've done my share of repairs and am at the point I really don't want to be doing that anymore. My current car was brand new and the one prior was a CPO (certified pre-owned), they come with a warranty so the bills aren't that much now.

I'm lucky that my Dad was able to pass on his mechanical knowledge to me and my brother and when growing up it was out of necessity we learned how to fix stuff, we couldn't afford to replace it or buy new. There were times we barely had enough money to buy milk and bread. My Mom could whip up a meal with whatever was in the pantry, I learned how to cook from her (I make a mean spaghetti sauce and a devine scallops with a white wine garlic cream sauce)

Now if I could only find me a guy to marry so I could spoil him with yummy foods 🙃
Back in the day I, too, did everything myself including painting my whole domicile. Now it almost too much just to prepare my 1 meal a day. Go figure! :crying1: :D

After a month and a half of holidays where my job was closed and then the ten day vacation, I am finally back on my regular routine of working on Monday’s & Wednesday’s. Today is my “in between” day where I do laundry and food shopping. The weather has been wacky here. I started wearing my winter coat last week and today I should have worn shorts when outside as it is currently 65 at ten in the morning. It’s hard to figure out what to wear.

My Tuesday chores are almost done. Then time for a nap, like other senior citizens do. Lololol

CBC3631E-3938-46FF-A8CE-47BE42C0FAAC.png

After a month and a half of holidays where my job was closed and then the ten day vacation, I am finally back on my regular routine of working on Monday’s & Wednesday’s. Today is my “in between” day where I do laundry and food shopping. The weather has been wacky here. I started wearing my winter coat last week and today I should have worn shorts when outside as it is currently 65 at ten in the morning. It’s hard to figure out what to wear.

My Tuesday chores are almost done. Then time for a nap, like other senior citizens do. Lololol

View attachment 100298
Speak for yourself. I never nap! :D

View attachment 100298

LOL I'd take 65! I'm sitting in the house (a roasting 75 F at 83% humidity inside and 97% outside!!), on top of my sheets buck naked sweating my ass off because I took the damn AC out too soon! I do this every year, and I learn nothing! Wait till December to remove the AC's 😂🤣

LOL I'd take 65! I'm sitting in the house (a roasting 75 F at 83% humidity inside and 97% outside!!), on top of my sheets buck naked sweating my ass off because I took the damn AC out too soon! I do this every year, and I learn nothing! Wait till December to remove the AC's 😂🤣

I took my air conditioners out a month ago and it was the right time for me. We’ve had days and nights in the 40’s and days like today near 70. Luckily my building gives me good heat and I usually have my windows cracked open to cool things down. It’s usually way too warm in the winter but by opening and closing my window I can control my temperature.

My mortality raised its ugly head yesterday & trust me it was not a pretty sight.

I found another pic that I took last Saturday on my way to the park to check out the October festival. While today is warm, it is not projected to be sunny, but Saturday was a perfect autumn day, and I will share that pic as I head into work to wrap up my two day work week.

8F7A8670-A6F4-42C2-947E-840A25A01AEE.jpeg

Iuse to grow those shown in the 3 pots on the right. Begonias ivy and so on. Not shown there are Impatience

I found another pic that I took last Saturday on my way to the park to check out the October festival. While today is warm, it is not projected to be sunny, but Saturday was a perfect autumn day, and I will share that pic as I head into work to wrap up my two day work week.

View attachment 100446
Nice picture!! Everytime I see begonias I think of this scene, about 20 seconds in 🤣

Iuse to grow those shown in the 3 pots on the right. Begonias ivy and so on. Not shown there are Impatience
Thank you for your concern,. I am usually very up beat but everything got to me & I just felt down . Then yesterday I spent over 3 hours on the phone with a young writer & we bonded as friends & it gave me purpose to endure the physical limitations that I have to endure

While I’m no botanist and don’t know begonias from bolognas, I do know pretty flowers when I see them and I just saw these this morning, just up the block. Just like with pretty boys, I just know when I like something, and I like this! :biggrin:

F8D0C4A2-610E-4886-A987-1A639F7D7500.jpeg

This song brought me to tears, so beautiful. And Matteo is gorgeous 😍