• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Politics Discussion

Not sure what will happen in a couple of weeks, but I did my part. Today I voted for Raphael Warnock and not that idiot, Herschel Walker.

Thank you Jay. What a travesty if that ignorant ex-football player becomes one of the 100 United States senators, based on what qualifications? I guess similar qualifications to the former failed reality TV host who pushed for his nomination.

In my state, I will vote on Election Day, but sadly Lee Zeldin, the Trump endorsed candidate for New York State Governor is now considered “neck and neck” with Kathy Hochul.

Not sure what will happen in a couple of weeks, but I did my part. Today I voted for Raphael Warnock and not that idiot, Herschel Walker.
Good. Nothing important in my state & they never sent me my mail in ballot.

7E70E209-AB6D-492B-B213-EF07A0210A2B.jpeg

Frankly of late it is a waste of tme to watch any news more than 30 minutes to an hour a day.

Frankly of late it is a waste of tme to watch any news more than 30 minutes to an hour a day.

Agreed. It is getting harder and harder to get truthful and non-biased information from the media

Hooray!!

The Senate stays in Democratic control.

:party0018::party0018:

I can't help but rejoice (and gloat) just a little bit. haha

Last edited:
Hooray!!

The Senate stays in Democratic control.

:party0018::party0018:

I can't help but gloat (and rejoice) just a little bit. haha

I share your sentiments 100% Tampa. The House will apparently flip, but by a much slimmer margin than forecast or actually by any congress in a mid-term election for the party out of office, since the congress following 9/11 when George W. Bush was president. Democrats lost congress after Obama and Republicans lost both the House and Senate following Trump. That is the way it usually goes in mid terms but this time, it is not happening. It looks like America is speaking their mind with their votes.

I share your sentiments 100% Tampa. The House will apparently flip, but by a much slimmer margin than forecast or actually by any congress in a mid-term election for the party out of office, since the congress following 9/11 when George W. Bush was president. Democrats lost congress after Obama and Republicans lost both the House and Senate following Trump. That is the way it usually goes in mid terms but this time, it is not happening. It looks like America is speaking their mind with their votes.
There are still seats up for grab in the house so it is not sure who will control it.

Last edited:
There was so much spin and hype from the Republican side about how voters didn't really care about Roe being overturned, or student loan forgiveness, or a landmark climate change mitigation bill. They supposedly didn't care about January 6th and saw it as either a false flag Antifa operation to embarrass Republicans... Or they saw it as a bunch of zealous patriots enjoying a touristy stroll through the Capitol. And anyone charged for it was either secretly Antifa or an oppressed aggrieved political prisoner being persecuted for using their Fisrt Amendment rights. But all of them should be freed immediately. (And even given an apology.) Even if they really are all Antifa in disguise. (Umm, err... :unsure:) A majority of voters should not see January 6th as an attempted coup by a neo-fascist mob trying to overthrow the government and execute anyone standing in their way of doing so.

Voters don't really care about new infrastructure. They don't really care about the upkeep and repair of existing roads, bridges, airports and highways that people drive their children over or use as transportation all the time. Plus the potential for millions of new jobs that can't be exported abroad.

The only thing they care about is inflation and pocketbook issues. And crime. Which was surely and completely only the fault of the Democrats. It supposedly had nothing to do with any trivial inconsequential matters like the economic Covid hangover, long-term drought in the farmlands of the West, climate change, or the war in Ukraine. It has nothing to do with long-term systemic income inequalities and other social ills (e.g., too many cheap and easily accessible guns on the streets) that have festered for decades under both parties' leadership.

A majority of sensible voters would surely embrace (or overlook) the fascist leanings of the Republicans' wannabe dictator and fully embrace the false idol of their Second Messiah. The Great White Hope. (He with orange face and hair.) The one who will save all the good, pious (and obviously rich) people of the country from all those brown people, the liberal people, the scientists, the elites of academia, the Black people, the gays, the Jews, the Muslims, other non-Christians and any other scapegoats deemed omenously as "the others".

A Red Wave of voter indignation against those awful Democrats was absolutely going to sweep across the country. Until it didn't. :p

Last edited:
Here are a few selected excerpts from a recent article on Huffpost. For the full article you can go to the link below. The first tweet of the series I copied and added to this article on my own directly from Twitter. I also marked [sic] when he had a typo for where he meant to say, "lib-owning". Wilson doesn't pull his punches or mince words. haha

Political wag Rick Wilson, co-founder of of the largely Republican anti-Donald Trump group The Lincoln Project, can’t help being gleeful about the dismal GOP midterm elections in the midst of Trump thrall.

Wilson noted in a series of tweets that things didn’t go as planned; in fact the Republican midterm performance was one of the worst in decades by the opposition party. Finally, it was the GOP “wailing and screeching about their messaging, which was “killed” by Trump, Wilson said.

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson?r...y-confirms-bombed-building-art-091558224.html
Nov 12, 2022
@TheRickWilson

1/ For once, the shoe is on the other foot. Today, it's the GOP wailing and screeching about their failure of messaging. The GOP's message discipline was central to its success for decades. You could wake candidates up out of a sound sleep and they'd rattle off the MOTD.

2/ They tested and polished and tweaked and worked it on hitting the right tone and messages. It's an art form. It's also dead. Trump killed it. Now, the persuasion doesn't matter, only the lib-pwning. [sic] They're bound and locked into profoundly stupid ideas like...

3/ election denial, January 6th defenses, and shouting about the catalog of imaginary demons. (Caravans! Antifa! Chynese fentanyl! Drag queen story hour cannibalism!) They delivered those messages with volume and efficiency from a well-tuned machine.

4/ It's just that...wait for it...voters didn't like it. No matter where you stand on abortion, the audience for the state GOP's legislatures setting up snitch bounties (eg Texas) and forcing pre-teen rape victims to carry and ectopic victims to die has a very small constituency.

5/ Telling them the exhausting horseshit that Trump secretly won and was cheated in 2020 also has zero appeal outside the My Pillow crowd. (A friend on an anti-anti-Trump listserve shared their beautiful misery over this weighing down 2022 candidates and I am HERE for it.){

6/ And NRSC and Slytherin Head Boy Rick Scott's plan to kill social security went over like a chlamydia outbreak in the Villages. None of it worked because it was alien, discordant, and often just fucking weird. The bigger lesson is that the Trumpfunk was all over them.

7/ But by all means, boys, pretend it all went swimmingly and the only thing you need is another $100 billion from some credulous hedge fund bro.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-now-covered-trumpfunk-crows-044715408.html

Rafael Warnock won the run off in Georgia and basically all of Trump’s choices, many unqualified have been defeated. Is the Republican Party getting the message, that he can get his weirdos to win a primary, but not general elections. Good night for Warnock, the Democratic Party and America. Could you imagine Hershel Walker as a United States senator? I can’t.

You’re welcome! Lol
Seriously tho, I was worried for a bit. I voted last Monday and waited in a long ass line with a whole lot of republicans. If it came out on the news that only 2 people in my county voted Democrat, I’d know it was me and my mother. That’s how red my county is.

There is only one solution for evil men & you know what that isd.

Anything doing with Dump is inappropriate even in jest!,

Last edited:

When I saw your post yesterday Jay, I hadn’t been watching the news at all and thought this was some kind of parody, but I know realize how real it is. Watching Morning Joe today, I saw that even right wing weirdos like Michael Flynn and Steve Bannon are condemning Trump for his latest scam.

On Tuesday afternoon and early evening as I was walking on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan checking out the Christmas decorations, I did pass Trump Tower and had to take a couple of pics. The sign says, “Open to the public”, and while I didn’t go in, I know from watching YouTube videos that the lobby is filled with “souvenir stands” selling all kinds of Trump trinkets, as the man is a total huckster, trying to bilk his supporters out of their cash to put in his own pocket. Very sad and scary.

5DBBB65C-1F76-445B-81ED-497EF3CC79FA.jpeg
B495359F-B364-48EB-9DC2-5019B91F61FD.jpeg

mikeyank

Long time forumite​

JoinedOct 24, 2008Posts22,166Reaction score330LocationBrooklyn New York
When I saw your post yesterday Jay, I hadn’t been watching the news at all and thought this was some kind of parody, but I know realize how real it is. Watching Morning Joe today, I saw that even right wing weirdos like Michael Flynn and Steve Bannon are condemning Trump for his latest scam.

On Tuesday afternoon and early evening as I was walking on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan checking out the Christmas decorations, I did pass Trump Tower and had to take a couple of pics. The sign says, “Open to the public”, and while I didn’t go in, I know from watching YouTube videos that the lobby is filled with “souvenir stands” selling all kinds of Trump trinkets, as the man is a total huckster, trying to bilk his supporters out of their cash to put in his own pocket. Very sad and scary.

Which is why any mention of the dirt bag is inappropriate on our Forum or any where for that matter. Just imagine if no one mentioned him in public he would go into oblivion.